Indigenous Voice Yes or No? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Indigenous Voice Yes or No?

How will you vote in referendum?

• Yes

Votes: 88 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 30 18.4%
  • Probably yes

Votes: 16 9.8%
  • Probably no

Votes: 15 9.2%
  • Dont know

Votes: 14 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
This is gospel as an old friend of ours attended a wedding in a upmarket marriage venue in Bunbury WA. Her grandson was the groom & to their dismay the bride & groom were advised that before the wedding could proceed a Welcome to Country ceremony would have to held. It was against their wishes but it was held. How far will this lot of crap go before times return to normal.
These types of claims are always false or contain a grain of half-truth, which is just another way of saying false. Whenever you see these murdoch headlines that muslim lesbian forces x-mas decorations removed from private house etc etc headlines, they always turn out to be false with the slightest scratch of the surface. Gospel it ain't. 3 possibilities, 1 venue has a policy of WTC which would have been made clear, 2 bride and groom wanted it, 3, bride and groom didn't want it and so it didn't happen, its not illegal to be racist, (or unsympathetic to indigenous people to the precious amongst us), as we just saw with the referendum result.

Nothing personal but these anti-PC brigade/ cooker *smile* always starts with 'I was talking to a friend of mine who knew someone whose;
grandson who was an elite athlete dropped dead after being vaccinated'
was forced to pay some Aboriginal people 200K compo for an artifact found in their yard ' etc etc. Its all bulldust.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The Voice is gone and disappointingly, neither side has come up with alternatives to the voice to improve the plight of the indigenous people of this country.

We are back to what it was. A mess.

We've moved onto what? Cost of living? Relationships with China?

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
The Voice is gone and disappointingly, neither side has come up with alternatives to the voice to improve the plight of the indigenous people of this country.

We are back to what it was. A mess.

We've moved onto what? Cost of living? Relationships with China?
In fairness to the government, after the referendum they said they would consult with Indigenous leaders (just to be clear- not Jacinta Price, real Indigenous leaders), before deciding how the government would proceed. And in fairness to Indigenous leaders they probably arent too keen to say how they would like to move forward as the last time they were asked the Liberal Party sabotaged their answer.

Reactions: 2 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
These types of claims are always false or contain a grain of half-truth, which is just another way of saying false. Whenever you see these murdoch headlines that muslim lesbian forces x-mas decorations removed from private house etc etc headlines, they always turn out to be false with the slightest scratch of the surface. Gospel it ain't. 3 possibilities, 1 venue has a policy of WTC which would have been made clear, 2 bride and groom wanted it, 3, bride and groom didn't want it and so it didn't happen, its not illegal to be racist, (or unsympathetic to indigenous people to the precious amongst us), as we just saw with the referendum result.

Nothing personal but these anti-PC brigade/ cooker *smile* always starts with 'I was talking to a friend of mine who knew someone whose;
grandson who was an elite athlete dropped dead after being vaccinated'
was forced to pay some Aboriginal people 200K compo for an artifact found in their yard ' etc etc. Its all bulldust.
Snake I said Gospel ok & that is what my friend said in a conversation regarding how the wedding went. Known her for over fifty years & she does not spruik crap.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Oh boy
I am not conservative right wing agenda
I am neither left or right
I will say I was slightly left but became neutral 5 years ago
I rather take case by case , topic by topic
Not my fault that the Lefts have continually stuffed up in recent times
That’s because the rights are a basket case
But you can be a leftie , that’s fine
I ain’t going to ram things down your throats
But it seems a majority of lefties getting pleasure of ramming their opinions down people throats
Obviously majority on PRE are lefties going by the poll
Which is against the trend of what Australia voted for
As I said , I am neither left or right but you can attack me
On a fine with that for having a neutral view
As both parties are complete rubbish !!
I find it amusing that you talk about taking case by case and topic by topic and then proceed to label people as left or right.
If you have a look at my posts as an example you will see plenty of criticism of the ALP and a lot of criticism of the LNP.
Blindly following a political party is less normal these days, support for independents shows that.
To me if you want to defend your independence and actually argue a position on a particular issue like the Voice then labelling people and putting them in boxes of left and right is not the way of doing it.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
WA aborigines awarded $180 Million for lost wages between 1936/1972. 75% of were wages with held by WA government. VGI well deserved.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
WA aborigines awarded $180 Million for lost wages between 1936/1972. 75% of were wages with held by WA government. VGI well deserved.
Wasn't really done in a timely way though. Heard an interview with an old bloke who got some money. Told a story about his uncle being too sick to ride one morning so they tied him to a tree and whipped him.. The fact that this happened in recent times is devastating to hear.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Tiwi Islanders stop Santos Barrosa's off shore gas export pipeline to Darwin as it was about to laid with Federal Court temporary injunction until November 11. Another dreamtime cultural myth which arose after pipeline route proposed.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Tiwi Islanders stop Santos Barrosa's off shore gas export pipeline to Darwin as it was about to laid with Federal Court temporary injunction until November 11. Another dreamtime cultural myth which arose after pipeline route proposed.
I posted on this in climate change thread.

Effectively there is a tax on all gas development now and an increased cost / schedule that will drive investment away from Australia (massive sovereign risk now) increase cost of living here and IMO net increase emissions as pushes us to needing to extend coal fired power.

This does provide an indirect kind of reparation fund to select indigenous groups that get land/sea rights. Surely there is a more effective way to do this than the current process.

Why not just increase PRRT and distribute it to the selected groups

Imagine this same thing will frustrate renewable development too.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
And in fairness to Indigenous leaders they probably arent too keen to say how they would like to move forward as the last time they were asked the Liberal Party sabotaged their answer.
Just to add to that, it was the Liberal Party themselves who asked them in the first place

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Was not about to be laid, total *smile*. Santos did not meet their statutory obigations, which are not onerous by any stretch, that is what the court found. And another you say? Which one was the first? Or any previous? just out of interest.

Seriously, this statement is racist by any measure. Exagerations, half truths, falsehoods. The question you have to ask is why are so many people so quick to swallow this stuff? And also, Lets say for arguments sake it was all true, would these people react in the same way if the headline was 'Richmond supporters stop gas pipeline being laid across Punt Road Oval?'

Reactions: 3 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Effectively there is a tax on all gas development now and an increased cost / schedule that will drive investment away from Australia (massive sovereign risk now) increase cost of living here and IMO net increase emissions as pushes us to needing to extend coal fired power.
There has been a "tax" if you want to call it that, on all gas development since the NTA was enacted in 1993. And in the NT since Aboriginal Land Rights Act in 1975. Nothing new. And the "tax", or negotiated royalty rate varies between 0.5 and 2.5%. No gas development I'm aware of has been crippled, rendered un-profitable, by these costs of doing business, in fact quite the opposite. And I am aware of many, and all of those that I'm aware of, that are extremely profitable.

There is no "increased" cost. No gas development has been "driven away" by any payments of benefits to Traditional Landowners in petroleum agreements, never, not even close, not a whisker.

As for sovereign risk, total crap. As above, payments to TOs affecting profitability has never happened, not even close. How could it? It it did, the company would walk away at worst, re-negotiate at best. What Is true, and this is the source of these kind of myths, is that some costs are higher in Australia and approval requirements are more strict, depending on what you compare them too, but this is offset by the fact that there are huge government subsidies in the form on infrastructure, and unlike places like some African and South American countries and Russia, there is no sovereign risk of you project being nationalised or shut down by a warlord. THAT is what you call real sovereign risk.

These myths drive me mental. I thought you knew better RE,

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
There is no "increased" cost. No gas development has been "driven away" by any payments of benefits to Traditional Landowners in petroleum agreements, never, not even close, not a whisker.

As for sovereign risk, total crap. As above, payments to TOs affecting profitability has never happened, not even close. How could it? It it did, the company would

I’m pretty new to it - on your first point I’d agree it would have to be a super marginal item for 0.5-2.5% to flip it from a do to a not do.

I was more looking forwards.

When it goes offshore I don’t think you understand the magnitude of capital involved and the cost a delay involves - especially once you start to mobilise the resources required. This will 100% make investment not happen in some places for a more medium sized resource.

This one is about extending sea rights which to my understanding is a relatively new one but happy to be wrong as haven’t researched it fully.

If you’ve sat in the boardroom and seen the decision making and know differently then I’m all ears.

It’s the threat of an unplanned delay as opposed to the actual negotiation. That’s where the massive costs are offshore.

Last edited: