Indigenous Voice Yes or No? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Indigenous Voice Yes or No?

How will you vote in referendum?

• Yes

Votes: 88 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 30 18.4%
  • Probably yes

Votes: 16 9.8%
  • Probably no

Votes: 15 9.2%
  • Dont know

Votes: 14 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Freezer

Tiger Legend
Feb 22, 2007
You insunuated that people wanting time-off for distress caused from the vote was similar to some of the other "reasons" people took time-off. ie they were essentially taking the *smile*.
I think taking time off work due to a referendum not going your way is taking the *smile*.

Interesting attitude for a recruitment firm to take, particularly in a knowledge economy where skilled workers are in short supply.
That particular lady explained that she had got a ‘fur-baby’ (dog obviously) during lockdown, and the dog was so used to having her around, that she couldn’t work full time away from home. Her attitude was similar to a lot of attitudes towards work since 2020. It’s merely a comment on that - how attitudes have changed, and how that, in my opinion, isn’t a good thing.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I think taking time off work due to a referendum not going your way is taking the *smile*.

That particular lady explained that she had got a ‘fur-baby’ (dog obviously) during lockdown, and the dog was so used to having her around, that she couldn’t work full time away from home. Her attitude was similar to a lot of attitudes towards work since 2020. It’s merely a comment on that - how attitudes have changed, and how that, in my opinion, isn’t a good thing.

So "people" has become one person, got it.

I've got no problem with hybrid work, as long as people are productive. Some US studies have shown people are just as or more productive - and why wouldn't they be with a two hour commute no longer necessary.

In any case, the market will decide - employers or recruiters that don't give workers the option of hybrid working will lose employees to those that do.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
No, it’s called an example.

Dustin Martin is an example of my favourite Richmond players. It doesn’t mean he’s the only one.

So others have said they have to work hybrid because of their pets? Sure, ok.

HeadandShin

Burning bright
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
Then why does everything you say come from a conservative/right wing agenda?

I really don't understand people who hold views which clearly align with one strand of politics yet claim they are somehow not of a particular political persuasion.

FFS stand up for what you believe in.

I'm proud to be a leftie, an anarchist, a unionist etc., and also proud to be a Richmond supporter. See no need to try and hide my opinions.

DS
I consider myself a swinging voter, regardless of whether my positions more regularly fall into one camp or the other. I think it’s important to form a view on issues case by case. If you identify as being of one political persuasion, there’s an (often unconscious) temptation to look where your tribe stands, and simply adopt that view, eg because you don’t want to hold the same view as Andrew Bolt/Adam Bandt/whoever.

There’s no clear reason why everyone who is pro action on climate change must automatically be pro abortion/Palestine/the Voice and yet they generally are (and the same for the converse positions). I’m much more interested in (and impressed by) people who do break with the tribe on particular issues. It shows they are thinking case by case, rather than following their herd or valuing their political identity over independent thought.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I consider myself a swinging voter, regardless of whether my positions more regularly fall into one camp or the other. I think it’s important to form a view on issues case by case. If you identify as being of one political persuasion, there’s an (often unconscious) temptation to look where your tribe stands, and simply adopt that view, eg because you don’t want to hold the same view as Andrew Bolt/Adam Bandt/whoever.

There’s no clear reason why everyone who is pro action on climate change must automatically be pro abortion/Palestine/the Voice and yet they generally are (and the same for the converse positions). I’m much more interested in (and impressed by) people who do break with the tribe on particular issues. It shows they are thinking case by case, rather than following their herd or valuing their political identity over independent thought.

I don't know how any of this relates to Stig, he always comes up on the same side.

DS

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
There’s no clear reason why everyone who is pro action on climate change must automatically be pro abortion/Palestine/the Voice
Something to do with intelligence and care for others i think.
I dont think Palestine/Israel/Hamas/Middle East fits as neatly into a box as the other issues.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Then why does everything you say come from a conservative/right wing agenda?

I really don't understand people who hold views which clearly align with one strand of politics yet claim they are somehow not of a particular political persuasion.

FFS stand up for what you believe in.

I'm proud to be a leftie, an anarchist, a unionist etc., and also proud to be a Richmond supporter. See no need to try and hide my opinions.

DS
Oh boy
I am not conservative right wing agenda
I am neither left or right
I will say I was slightly left but became neutral 5 years ago
I rather take case by case , topic by topic
Not my fault that the Lefts have continually stuffed up in recent times
That’s because the rights are a basket case
But you can be a leftie , that’s fine
I ain’t going to ram things down your throats
But it seems a majority of lefties getting pleasure of ramming their opinions down people throats
Obviously majority on PRE are lefties going by the poll
Which is against the trend of what Australia voted for
As I said , I am neither left or right but you can attack me
On a fine with that for having a neutral view
As both parties are complete rubbish !!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yep Albo perfect example of that . Although he had no idea
Ok. But we're talking Price and your claim she's an indigenous leader. Still believe that or have you finally cottoned on?

And I must say as someone that claims to be neither left or right, you've only taken swipes at the ALP. Dan and now Albo You must think Dutton is a centrist.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Oh boy
I am not conservative right wing agenda
I am neither left or right
I will say I was slightly left but became neutral 5 years ago
I rather take case by case , topic by topic
Not my fault that the Lefts have continually stuffed up in recent times
That’s because the rights are a basket case
But you can be a leftie , that’s fine
I ain’t going to ram things down your throats
But it seems a majority of lefties getting pleasure of ramming their opinions down people throats
Obviously majority on PRE are lefties going by the poll
Which is against the trend of what Australia voted for
As I said , I am neither left or right but you can attack me
On a fine with that for having a neutral view
As both parties are complete rubbish !!

Oh boy indeed!

I'm fine with your internal narrative of being neutral, I really don't care. I just find it mildly amusing when people refuse to own their political persuasion. You are clearly not far right, there is a far larger spectrum on the right than just the nut jobs. But you certainly lean right.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Horizontal Fall is now on their radar. Want to stop craft transitting through it as it is culturally upsetting the past spirits there.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Ok. But we're talking Price and your claim she's an indigenous leader. Still believe that or have you finally cottoned on?

And I must say as someone that claims to be neither left or right, you've only taken swipes at the ALP. Dan and now Albo You must think Dutton is a centrist.
Dutton is no good
Suggest you read my previous post re the opposition is no good
My view on Price is that she talks a lot of “ common sense “ . Unlike many who are just dribblers with hidden agendas

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Oh boy indeed!

I'm fine with your internal narrative of being neutral, I really don't care. I just find it mildly amusing when people refuse to own their political persuasion. You are clearly not far right, there is a far larger spectrum on the right than just the nut jobs. But you certainly lean right.

DS
I am in the middle
Politics and Politicians are destroying Australia

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Dutton is no good
Suggest you read my previous post re the opposition is no good
My view on Price is that she talks a lot of “ common sense “ . Unlike many who are just dribblers with hidden agendas
You called her an Indigenous Leader more than once. Do you still believe that?

It's really a simple yes or no answer.

Last edited:

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
This is gospel as an old friend of ours attended a wedding in a upmarket marriage venue in Bunbury WA. Her grandson was the groom & to their dismay the bride & groom were advised that before the wedding could proceed a Welcome to Country ceremony would have to held. It was against their wishes but it was held. How far will this lot of crap go before times return to normal.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
This is gospel as an old friend of ours attended a wedding in a upmarket marriage venue in Bunbury WA. Her grandson was the groom & to their dismay the bride & groom were advised that before the wedding could proceed a Welcome to Country ceremony would have to held. It was against their wishes but it was held. How far will this lot of crap go before times return to normal.

Normal as it was 300 years ago, or 100 years ago?