Indigenous Voice Yes or No? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Indigenous Voice Yes or No?

How will you vote in referendum?

• Yes

Votes: 88 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 30 18.4%
  • Probably yes

Votes: 16 9.8%
  • Probably no

Votes: 15 9.2%
  • Dont know

Votes: 14 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All about $$$!

A leading “Yes” campaigner for the Voice to Parliament hopes it will be a step towards getting non-Indigenous Aussies to “pay the rent” for living on Australian land

Look out gdog!

Theylle take your house and have a corrobooree in your loungeroom

And theres absolutely nothing youlle be able to do about it,

Except call the cops and say

'A heap of blackfellas took my house and theyre dancing around my lounge like they own the joint'

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
Why should a man expect to live less than woman ?
Why is it always everyone else to blame

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Thomas Mayo leading Voice activist who has got the ear of the PM made front page of Daily Mail this morning for his call on us to pay First Nation lot Reparations, hand land back to them , whites to pay rent & last but not least ALL KIDS out of the NICk. To be honest my No Vote is because I like Australia as it is. It ain't broke but will be if Yes goes ahead. I owe it to my great grandkids that they are not subject to be second class citizens in their own country. At the moment we are one. Lets stay as One.

Thomas Mayo leading Voice activist who has got the ear of the PM made front page of Daily Mail this morning for his call on us to pay First Nation lot Reparations, hand land back to them , whites to pay rent & last but not least ALL KIDS out of the NICk. To be honest my No Vote is because I like Australia as it is. It ain't broke but will be if Yes goes ahead. I owe it to my great grandkids that they are not subject to be second class citizens in their own country. At the moment we are one. Lets stay as One.
How do you equate passing the Voice to decisions to be made in Federal parliament and potentially the High Court of Australia. Politicians from all walks will either be assisted by what they hear and respond accordingly, or they won't. (We live in a democracy and as you will have noticed, politicians tend to seek re-election, and like to win).

Why do you believe that a decision to allow indigenous people more direct input into policy decision making, which is intended to directly impact their lives and those of their children, will turn your grand children into second class citizens.

Many indigenous suffer generational disadvantage in respect of health, education, housing and job seeking and job allocation. And many who do suffer in these respects, are caused to lead miserable lives as a result. That is just not fair.

Hearing directly from those immediately impacted through the introduction of this constitutional amendment can only help solve some of the problems, which continue and there is no realistic threat that such a process will cost you anything.

Last edited:
Look out gdog!

Theylle take your house and have a corrobooree in your loungeroom

And theres absolutely nothing youlle be able to do about it,

Except call the cops and say

'A heap of blackfellas took my house and theyre dancing around my lounge like they own the joint'

5. Blackfella​

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people often use the word 'Blackfella' amongst themselves, but one should be very careful using the term as a whitefella, as some people might take offence.
l find this term racist, seems to be okay for a YES voter to use that term on here though.

5. Blackfella​

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people often use the word 'Blackfella' amongst themselves, but one should be very careful using the term as a whitefella, as some people might take offence.
l find this term racist, seems to be okay for a YES voter to use that term on here though.
It is interesting. I can use it when I'm in the company of Aboriginal people who i know well. but I don't use it when solely in the company of non aboriginal people, usually melb/ sydney because they can't handle it or don't know how to take it or don't understand it. Which I can understand. Most non Aboriginal people don't know many Aboriginal people let alone have Aboriginal friends.

Its also depends on location. People can be sensitive about it in some areas of Aus, and not in others. I wouldn't say it Melbourne, but wouldn't hesitate in Brisbane or Darwin. To the untrained ear, it can sound a bit like the N word. Bottom line though, its not racist, but it could be used in a racist way.

Last edited:

5. Blackfella​

id never say 5. blackfellas,

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I would in the right context.

Yeah i suppose it would come down to intent

E.g. you could acknowledgment of country, elders past and present and emerging, and there might only be 5 present? I reckon you could adapt it sensitively too, if there were more or less

I have used blackfella and whitefella, maybe think about who I'm around, but never really had an issue (and I do live in Melbourne). I suppose it does depend if the people have had much to do with blackfellas, these terms are associated with Indigenous culture and that is the context in which they are taken.

Back to the Voice, it looks like the right wing media intend to continue to make up lies and plaster them across their front pages, not really a surprise at all, mildly irritating. Of course, some are so gullible they believe that sh!!t.

DS

Back to the Voice, it looks like the right wing media intend to continue to make up lies and plaster them across their front pages, not really a surprise at all, mildly irritating. Of course, some are so gullible they believe that sh!!t.

DS
No not surprising, but more than mildly irritating, its outrageous, but thats what we do in this country. We pander to the racists. The racist media can't lose, they get pats on the back from racist Aussies, and outrage and reaction from anti-racist Aussies. Sells papers, sells clicks, sell sell sell.

Last edited:
How do you equate passing the Voice to decisions to be made in Federal parliament and potentially the High Court of Australia. Politicians from all walks will either be assisted by what they hear and respond accordingly, or they won't. (We live in a democracy and as you will have noticed, politicians tend to seek re-election, and like to win).

Why do you believe that a decision to allow indigenous people more direct input into policy decision making, which is intended to directly impact their lives and those of their children, will turn your grand children into second class citizens.

Many indigenous suffer generational disadvantage in respect of health, education, housing and job seeking and job allocation. And many who do suffer in these respects, are caused to lead miserable lives as a result. That is just not fair.

Hearing directly from those immediately impacted through the introduction of this constitutional amendment can only help solve some of the problems, which continue and there is no realistic threat that such a process will cost you anything.
You cannot help those that will not help themselves . Government after government year after year have bent over backwards to better their life but to no avail. I you think that this lot who dreampt up The Voice in dream time is going improve their standing , better living conditions etc etc you are barking up the wrong tree. The Voice is decisive created by people who ought be thankful that they live in Democratic country & not some shat hole like Iran Afghanistan .

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
You cannot help those that will not help themselves . Government after government year after year have bent over backwards to better their life but to no avail. I you think that this lot who dreampt up The Voice in dream time is going improve their standing , better living conditions etc etc you are barking up the wrong tree. The Voice is decisive created by people who ought be thankful that they live in Democratic country & not some shat hole like Iran Afghanistan .
As I said decisions will continue to be made in Federal Parliament by elected politicians, who are ultimately answerable to electors in their respective electorates.
Hopefully as a result moneys will be spent on solutions suggested by those most effected.
You and I will not be impacted to a significant degree and if you are unhappy with the results you will have the chance to vote for a candidate who offers a different, hopefully a better solution.

Nothing will change but the manner of the use of funds, which should be used more efficiently.

Last edited:
Tigaman, you are correct, the Voice is decisive, a decisive change for the better.

Glad to see you are now on board.

While they live in a "democracy" now, up until 1966 Indigenous Australians lived in a country which was a democracy which specifically excluded them from participating in said democracy. If I was them I'd want some input given the history and the way they have been treated since the democracy was foist upon them.

DS

Tigaman, you are correct, the Voice is decisive, a decisive change for the better.

Glad to see you are now on board.

While they live in a "democracy" now, up until 1966 Indigenous Australians lived in a country which was a democracy which specifically excluded them from participating in said democracy. If I was them I'd want some input given the history and the way they have been treated since the democracy was foist upon them.

DS
Great to see you’ve come around Tigaman.