Injury Report - Season 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Injury Report - Season 2023

Richmond Injury List:

Available

Jayden Short

Unavailable

Maurice Rioli Jnr, concussion protocols

Kaleb Smith, ankle (long-term)

Mate Colina, back (long-term)

Tom Lynch, foot (season)

Josh Gibcus, hamstring (season)
Geez, must’ve been hard heavy hit to MRJ to miss 2 games.

1690968242998.png

Injury in the making... After the last match, I can see Dylan losing a few toes if he's not careful!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Except Caesar had seen him joining in training for the first time only a week or so ago. Wouldn’t have happened if he was hurt again.

All part of the club's elaborate plan to pull the wool over our eyes. They knew he wouldn't be back all year as soon as he injured it preseason. What Caesar saw at training was the fake robot AI Gibcus which took most of the season to build and program.

Injury Report: Round 22, 2023​

Get the latest injury update ahead of Sunday's Round 22 clash with St Kilda at Marvel Stadium.

Bad luck for Juddy Clarke.

For those including myself who aren't quite sure what a cracked scapula is.

What is the treatment for a cracked scapula?
Treatment involves immobilization with a sling or a shoulder immobilizer, icing, and pain medications.

Judson Clarke, shoulder

"Unfortunately, Judson had quite a nasty injury in the VFL game at Williamstown on Saturday. Judson has a cracked scapula and that will unfortunately end his season. He does not need surgery, but the healing process will be pretty slow and see him not involved in any contact work for a few months. It has been a great season for Judson so it’s a shame that it has ended prematurely but one thing we know with him is that he will keep himself in great condition and be raring to return to full training for the 2024 season."

Dustin Martin, soreness

"Dustin is such a dynamic and explosive player, but he unfortunately could not get himself going last week, so he was unavailable for selection. The accumulative load of the season and the five-day turnaround, at this late part of the year, was just a bit too much for him in the end. He is in better condition now and will train this week ahead of playing on Sunday."

Trent Cotchin, soreness

"Like Dustin, the five-day break for Trent with a few niggles, was just a bit too much to overcome. He has freshened up and will be available to play on Sunday."

Dylan Grimes, neck

"Dylan woke up on Friday morning with a stiff neck that was causing him quite a lot of discomfort. We got him scanned and it was apparent he had pinched a nerve in there and that it would be best that he was a late withdrawal from the match. Dylan has seen great improvement over the weekend and is in a position now that he can train this week with an eye to returning to the lineup on Sunday."

Daniel Rioli, ankle

"Daniel hurt his ankle late in the first quarter of Friday night’s game with the Dogs which needed to be treated and re-strapped during the match. He was able to get through the game but as expected pulled up a bit sore. He will have a lighter start to the week, but we are hopeful he will join in main training and be available to play on Sunday. The nine-day break will certainly help Daniel’s chances of getting up and we have a level of confidence that he will be able to do so."

Jacob Hopper, concussion

"As most of our fans would have saw, Jacob in the second quarter of Friday night’s game against the Bulldogs had an unfortunate head clash when laying a tackle on Adam Treloar. Our doctor reviewed the footage, and we got Jacob off the ground as quick as we could. From there he underwent some concussion testing downstairs, and from that the decision was made to substitute him out of the game. Jacob now enters the concussion protocols and will be unavailable for selection on Sunday. He is feeling OK, and we will continue to monitor his progress throughout the week."

Ben Miller, concussion

"Playing in the VFL in Williamstown, Ben unfortunately suffered a head knock in the early stages of the game. The doctors assessed him and took him out of the match, so he now enters the concussion protocols as well and will be monitored closely at the club. He won’t play this week, but we hope he is feeling better and able to be available for selection in a fortnight."

Richmond Injury List:

Available

Maurice Rioli, concussion

Trent Cotchin, soreness

Dustin Martin, soreness

Dylan Grimes, neck

Test

Daniel Rioli, ankle

Unavailable

Jacob Hopper, concussion (short-term)

Ben Miller, concussion (short-term)

Kaleb Smith, ankle (long-term)

Mate Colina, back (long-term)

Judson Clarke, shoulder (season)

Tom Lynch, foot (season)

Richmond Injury List:

Available

Trent Cotchin

Jacob Hopper

Ben Miller

Test

Daniel Rioli, ankle

Unavailable

Noah Cumberland, concussion (short-term)

Kaleb Smith, ankle (season)

Mate Colina, back (season)

Judson Clarke, shoulder (season)

Tom Lynch, foot (season)

Richmond star Tom Lynch set for delayed start to pre-season after foot injury​

Tom Lynch’s recovery from a foot injury has ‘taken a lot longer’ than expected. He’s finally out of the moon boot – but has a long way to go. Here’s the latest.

October 3, 2023 - News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

Richmond star Tom Lynch won’t start pre-season at full tilt as he continues his recovery from a foot injury that derailed his 2023 campaign.
Lynch, 30, underwent surgery in April and despite hopes he would play again this year, didn’t feature again as he managed the delicate injury.

He faces another scan and a meeting with his surgeon before he can return to running in coming weeks, but he is adamant it won’t curtail his plans to play in Round 1 next year.

“I won’t be with the main group for pre-season day one, but I’ll build throughout pre-Christmas.
Then post-Christmas I’d imagine I’ll be in the main group,” Lynch said at TAB’s Spring Fling event on Tuesday.
“It’s a very long way off, but all things going well I’ll be no worries for Round 1.”

Tom Lynch won’t be ready for the start of the 2024 pre-season. Picture: Michael Klein

Tom Lynch won’t be ready for the start of the 2024 pre-season. Picture: Michael Klein

The star forward last played against the Bulldogs in round 4. Picture: Michael Klein
The dual premiership Tiger said that once the decision that he wouldn’t play again this season, he had further surgery to remove the plate that had been inserted and was on Tuesday finally out of his long-worn moon boot.
“With feet, they can just take a long time to heal. It just didn’t recover, and then we decided when I was going to get back this year, we decided to take the plate out,” he said.
“So that’s why I’ve been in the moon boot since. “The plate’s come out and we had to look after it, so it has taken a lot longer than we thought but it’s all on track now.”

Lynch said a previous knee injury had sidelined him for a similar time frame, but “this one was more challenging” to deal with given the incremental gains.
“Because I was still in the boot and I was improving but I wasn’t ticking off many goals,” he said.
“It’s one of those things - you’ve got to be grateful that you’re going to work every day and getting better.
“But we want to play and we want to help the team and it’s frustrating not being able to do that.”
Lynch met with new coach Adem Yze for the first time just days ago after confirmation he would take the reins last month.
“He seems like a great person and a really great coach, so I’m looking forward to him being our mentor,” he said.

Will Lynch be ready for round 1 against the Blues next year? Picture: Michael Willson/AFL Photos
Lynch backed the Tigers’ current forward stocks in the likes of Samson Ryan and Ivan Soldo to provide scoreboard support in the absence of retired goalkicker Jack Riewoldt as the trade period looms large.

“If potentially we can bring someone in, that’d be great but I think there’s plenty there,” he said.
Lynch along with five fellow Tigers are part-owners in Soulcombe, a Chris Waller-trained stayer that is currently second-favourite for the Melbourne Cup.

With his wedding also scheduled within weeks, Lynch could well give Collingwood coach Craig McRae a run for his money for the biggest few weeks of his life.

“Hopefully it has a nice couple of runs coming up - the Turnbull (Stakes) on the weekend, and then I think we’ll go to the Caulfield Cup and then the Melbourne Cup,” the premiership Tiger said.
“Hopefully the horse gets through well and it’s in good form.
“We’re very lucky to be involved in a horse like Soulcombe and we can’t wait.”

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I hope the club is reviewing our injury management. Both men’s and women’s team were decimated with injuries this year.

Reactions: 5 users

Star Richmond forward provides update on foot injury!​

Richmond forward Tom Lynch remains “really positive” about his recovery from a troublesome foot injury.
“It’s clearly been a slow build-up and I’m not running yet,” he told Sam McClure and Matthew Lloyd on Wide World of Sports.
"In another 3 to 4 weeks, I'll start on the AlterG (treadmill) and progress from there. It's really positive right now."

Click on the link to hear the latest from Tom Lynch on his injury...

Reactions: 1 users

Star Richmond forward provides update on foot injury!​

Richmond forward Tom Lynch remains “really positive” about his recovery from a troublesome foot injury.
“It’s clearly been a slow build-up and I’m not running yet,” he told Sam McClure and Matthew Lloyd on Wide World of Sports.
"In another 3 to 4 weeks, I'll start on the AlterG (treadmill) and progress from there. It's really positive right now."

Click on the link to hear the latest from Tom Lynch on his injury...

Reports from people that saw him at flemington yesterday,, he was still limping.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Reports from people that saw him at flemington yesterday,, he was still limping.

That goes hand in hand with what Lynch said that in 3-4 weeks he will start on the AlterG (treadmill). Basically atm no weight to put on his foot for the next month.

Reactions: 2 users