Injury Report - Season 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Injury Report - Season 2023

3-4 weeks before he even attempts running on the Alter-G? So even if everything goes well (and that’s certainly no guarantee) he won’t be doing any proper running until at least the new year?

I think we need to prepare ourselves for life without Lynch sooner than expected. Throw in Gibcus too. AFL clubs are not in the habit of sending players overseas for medical treatment unless they have exhausted all local options and it’s no like Australia is a medical backwater either. Definitely a non-zero chance he doesn’t make it back or at a severely reduced capacity.

Tough times ahead.

Reactions: 2 users
3-4 weeks before he even attempts running on the Alter-G? So even if everything goes well (and that’s certainly no guarantee) he won’t be doing any proper running until at least the new year?

I think we need to prepare ourselves for life without Lynch sooner than expected. Throw in Gibcus too. AFL clubs are not in the habit of sending players overseas for medical treatment unless they have exhausted all local options and it’s no like Australia is a medical backwater either. Definitely a non-zero chance he doesn’t make it back or at a severely reduced capacity.

Tough times ahead.
You could be on the money there TF.
Let's hope all goes well for both of them and our fears are nothing but fanciful.

Reactions: 1 user
They brought in Kosi because they know that lynch isn't 100% guaranteed he will return next year.
This all dates back 12 months ago, when he had foot issues and they seemed to rush him back for round 1. And to make things worse Jones stood on his foot.
Game over.
fingers crossed he gets back, he is the difference of beating Collingwood or getting slapped..

Tough times ahead.
I had my ankle fused in Jan this year & still recovering so I know about recovery. (Different injury I know)

When I read 3 -4 weeks from running on the Alter G thing I straight away thought he is ages from normal running let alone proper footy training.

3-4 weeks gets you to the start of December then its basically xmas with a few weeks on the machine.

Geez only leaves a few months to get ready & every time we rush someone it doesn't end well.

There are 3 players on the RFC list that are all under serious question marks right now.

Lynch, Gibcus and Kaleb Smith.

Gibcus might be best to be written off for at least the first half of next season with serious rehabbing and management taking priority in getting him right.

Has there actually been any news or feedback in regard to Kalebs Navicular fracture or stress fracture which had him in a moon boot pretty much all year long as well as Tommy.

Naviculars are often career enders, and there hasn't really been any feedback or info in regard to Kaleb and how he has been going.

Tigers might have to re draft Jack Riewoldt in the rookie draft as insurance .:))

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
There are 3 players on the RFC list that are all under serious question marks right now.

Gibcus might be best to be written off for at least the first half of next season with serious rehabbing and management taking priority in getting him right.

Has there actually been any news or feedback in regard to Kalebs Navicular fracture or stress fracture which had him in a moon boot pretty much all year long as well as Tommy.

Naviculars are often career enders, and there hasn't really been any feedback or info in regard to Kaleb and how he has been going.

Tigers might have to re draft Jack Riewoldt in the rookie draft as insurance .:))
Who's Kaleb Smith??
Steve's brother???
*smile*'s son??

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
He's the new Phantom
The list sizes are already too small.
Its looks more likely now we will go into next year with 4,-5 players not ready.
Has Pickett resolved his issues in WA?
Rioli was sore at the B&F with his ankle and he is NOT having surgery.

I wasn't aware that there was still question marks ove rKaleb Smith.

This would be dissapointing as it would mean the first players we've selectd in the last two drafts are entering 2024 under injury clouds. I'm hoping Smith isn't as bad as being suggested as i was really hping to see him as a new recruit this year.

I wasn't aware that there was still question marks ove rKaleb Smith.

This would be dissapointing as it would mean the first players we've selectd in the last two drafts are entering 2024 under injury clouds. I'm hoping Smith isn't as bad as being suggested as i was really hping to see him as a new recruit this year.
I have no idea whether he is any good or not but he is effectively a new recruit if he does get on the park.