Is it time to panic? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Is it time to panic?

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
I am not questioning the hunger, the fact is that our depth now does not run as deep, (maturity wise), and our young kids are just not the top echelon of talent afforded to clubs with the high draft picks.
For all the talk of play the kids, play the kids, it shows that we will still basically need a full compliment of 2020 Premiership side to be any chance for a threepeat and it will need to be done from outside the top 4 IMO.

Here is a really insightful view from Leppa on where he thinks the Tige's are at:

Thanks that was a good insight into the challenges we have with our list.

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Has there been update from the club or Dimma on what we are doing?
Why are they sitting on their hands?

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I am not questioning the hunger, the fact is that our depth now does not run as deep, (maturity wise)
Yep. A certain 200-gamer would be useful on the wing right now. He's always been able to get a kick. A couple of talented smalls who'd increase our options. Menadue had 25 touches for Norf on Saturday. Conca has missed three games at Freo. Even an athletic slightly headless chook running off half-back would be handy.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Yep. A certain 200-gamer would be useful on the wing right now. He's always been able to get a kick. A couple of talented smalls who'd increase our options. Menadue had 25 touches for Norf on Saturday. Conca has missed three games at Freo. Even an athletic slightly headless chook running off half-back would be handy.
Interesting. I count 6 ex-tigers running around for other clubs last round. Outside of GCS and GWS I wonder if any other club had more?

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Alot of injuries taking a toll you can replace one or two , but now we're getting 4 or 5 no team can replace them.

Biggest concern for me all year carrying to many passengers and skills , footy smarts gone backwards.

Getting another tall in the side like CCJ not Pickett or Balta in ruck it's not working.We need the height and something has to change up forward smalls a not existent.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The reality is that no team can afford to lose the players we are currently missing. Least of all a premiership team as the salary cap limits you and you get lower draft picks. This is the reality of the salary cap, drafting etc. Not a bad thing since it promotes the ability for weaker teams to make a move up the ladder, that is, unless it is all just chance :rolleyes: .

I'm sure the club knows that with a combination of new rules and competitors improving we need to adapt. But having key players out makes it that much harder to adapt to changes in the game and continually improve.

Got to give the kids a go, it does take time to be competitive at the highest level, as it did for most of our seasoned stars of the last few years. It would also help if they got rid of the silly rules which make the VFL a different game to AFL.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Im panicking
Im not sure between the 2017 qualifying final or the 2019 Preliminary.

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012
Now i'm panicking. WTF is going on down at Punt Rd?

Not sure we have many options left in midfield. GWS massive chance of first ever win in Melbourne against us.

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
Somehow we are still $1.34 to beat the Giants without Bolton, Edwards, Cotchin, Lambert and Prestia in the midfield. Some easy money to be made on the Giants there.

Reactions: 1 user

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Why the f did it have to be Shai. I hope the Merkin sues the dumb *smile* that broke it!

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
Groping Teammates
Nightclub altercations resulting in injury
Kebab and Covid Breach
Serious online threats
Capsicum sprayed player at Nightclub
Premiership medal photo leak
Arson of players house
Brooke Cotchin Covid Breach
Dimmas personal life
Brooke Cotchins comments on split apparently dividing Richmond.

WHAT IS GOING ON

Add to that a huge number of injuries to players......this is going to be the greatest test of all.

With great success comes great scrutiny and big targets on our backs wherever we are.

Go to training.
Go to club committments.
Go to the games.
Go see your family and friends at a house.

Apart from that please stay home.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Forget Mindfulness and our Mistress Yoda.

Some other Bastards have a Shamon doing voodoo *smile* on a stuffed Tiger.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Rather than dwell on the many we now have missing, let's think about recasting the midfield to what we have left.

For example, let's play two rucks (e.g. CCJ to partner Nank) and use Graham, Ross, Pickett, Martin, RCD etc to win centre clearance and contested ball. Add Naish to one wing to give us speed and add either Ralph-Smith or MRJ up forward for added forward pressure.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Without Cotchin, Edwards and Prestia I had pencilled the Brisbane game in for a loss anyway. It's all but a certainty now. But then we have Adelaide and Essendon at home leading into the bye. We should win those, so if we can squeak past the Giants this week we'll be 7-5 with a week off to regroup and gather the forces.

Shai, Prestia, Lambert, maybe Cotch and Shedda back for the trip to Perth for the Eagles after the bye. A smash and grab ambush, I reckon. They ain't that good. 8-5 and top-4 still well on the cards with our run home.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Without Cotchin, Edwards and Prestia I had pencilled the Brisbane game in for a loss anyway. It's all but a certainty now. But then we have Adelaide and Essendon at home leading into the bye. We should win those, so if we can squeak past the Giants this week we'll be 7-5 with a week off to regroup and gather the forces.

Shai, Prestia, Lambert, maybe Cotch and Shedda back for the trip to Perth for the Eagles after the bye. A smash and grab ambush, I reckon. They ain't that good. 8-5 and top-4 still well on the cards with our run home.
That would be an exceptional outcome.

but even this chronic optimist cant see it happening.

i think the footy gods are taxing us way too hard.

i reckon we lose the next 3 .....

4:7.

The bookies wind us out to 20's. we're done.

gone.

then the eye of the tiger starts up,

the champs stir. Momentum grows.

odds tumble.

3,4,5,6,7 on the trot,

15:7 gets us into 5th,

week 1 we knock out west coast

we demolish the cats in the semi

break the Dees in a prelim

and beat brisbane by 1 point in the GF, after sydney stack kicks a 55m goal after the siren.

dustin martin wins the norm smith

EZ buys an agave plantation in north queensland and calls his premium tequila

Triple Tiger

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
GWS have a lot of injuries too. They've been putting out young sides, the youngest in the comp at times. They were younger than Esserden and nearly lost to them.

The midfield is the obvious issue, and the Giants are still relatively strong here. But we still have Dusty.

Reactions: 2 users