Is it time to panic? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Is it time to panic?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Hopefully we'll get Dion back soon. Reckon out of all the players missing, he's the one we can't replace with a similar type. Such an important player for us.

Reactions: 3 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Agree with Mr B. The losses have stung but not for as long. And I didn’t care as much that we lost to the Cats. I hated watching it but it hasn’t stuck like prior years.
the rules have changed and we haven’t. It worked against the dogs but I don’t rate them. If we get our best side on the park we are the best side in it but it will be a Herculean task from outside the top 4. I’d really like to see a bit more sophistication going forward. And leaving defence. The hand pass to short to bomb it long is not working. Houli getting match fit and back to form is crucial.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
If we get our best side on the park we are the best side in it but it will be a Herculean task from outside the top 4
There's a bye before the finals start.
If we've got a full list of fit players to choose from, then we're as good a chance as anyone to win the flag from anywhere. Doggies won four finals to win their flag. We played four finals last year to win the flag, actually losing to Brisvegas in the first final was the perfect opportunity for us to get extra game fitness into a few of the blokes who'd had very interrupted seasons.
AFL players thrive on the consistency of playing games each week, the new pre finals bye enhances the chance of teams from 5 to 8 going deeper into finals slightly because they don't cop the second bye that the winners from the top four get before the prelim.

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
We have things to tidy up no doubt, but this season is a real marathon and we just need to hit our straps by round 18 or so. This could be a season a team wins from the bottom part of the top 8. I can really see Demons and Bulldogs falling away as the season wears on. The team peaking at the right time will take it out, and that could still well be us!

Reactions: 6 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I'm panicking
Im can't work out which GF i will watch tonight
2017 i think

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Just microwaved my membership card.

(How do you get the goo off the plate?)

Last edited:

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Sack Hardwick
trade Lynch
We need a new captain
Bring Deledio and Rance back

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Im sooo confident in this club.
We can win it finishing 8th.
Knock out Sydney in Sydney
Knock out Melbourne
Knock out Port in Adelaide
And bend over Geelong again

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Have just written a 4 page letter to the club.

(Signed it off as Ridley so it’ll probably go in the bin with all the others.)

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
People are carrying on like “well we’ve won 3 flags and I’m happy.”

But 2021 presents a unique, once in a lifetime opportunity. We may never get another chance to win 3 in a row. We would be the first team in over 60 years to win 4 in 5.

We will have many years of joy watching replays of flags already won and the memories and memorabilia that comes with that. But I’m not ready for this story to be over yet. We have history to create

As for panicking, I am not panicking yet. History shows we can recover. But I am concerned. I am starting to question the hunger. And I’m not sure if we have the energy to win 7-8-9 games in a row on the backend again to make the top 4.

Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

But 2021 presents a unique, once in a lifetime opportunity. We may never get another chance to win 3 in a row. We would be the first team in over 60 years to win 4 in 5.
Well said Ian. Everyone here still wants to win the flag again this year for the reasons you've outlined. Hopefully players & footy dept has the hungerto create that history too.

The major difference is that we won't burn Punt Road Oval down if we don't.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

We will have many years of joy watching replays of flags already won and the memories and memorabilia that comes with that. But I’m not ready for this story to be over yet. We have history to create

As for panicking, I am not panicking yet. History shows we can recover. But I am concerned. I am starting to question the hunger. And I’m not sure if we have the energy to win 7-8-9 games in a row on the backend again to make the top 4.

I am not questioning the hunger, the fact is that our depth now does not run as deep, (maturity wise), and our young kids are just not the top echelon of talent afforded to clubs with the high draft picks.
For all the talk of play the kids, play the kids, it shows that we will still basically need a full compliment of 2020 Premiership side to be any chance for a threepeat and it will need to be done from outside the top 4 IMO.

Here is a really insightful view from Leppa on where he thinks the Tige's are at:

Reactions: 3 users