Ivan Maric | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Maric

I was pushing for Maric 4-5 weeks before the season ended. Had a quick scroll at clubs lists and he seemed like the best option that wouldnt cost the world.

37 might be a bit high but if it means Goofus doesnt get a senior game ever again I'll take it.

Azza said:
Crazy Ivan.

A Cold War submarine manoeuvre intended to unmasked trailing enemy submarines - referred to in the Hunt for Red October.

Going for what appears to be a stop-gap choice who wasn't going to cost the earth suggests to me that our coaches have a fair bit of faith in the future of our upcoming rucks.

IrockZ said:
37 might be a bit high but if it means Goofus doesnt get a senior game ever again I'll take it.

I think people really need to recalibrate their valuation of late picks. The Roos just paid pick 58 for a guy who was on the Hawks rookie list that the Hawks were not going to list.

smasha said:
I agree.

We filled a massive hole in our list and with some support from Vickery and Browne,we look much more potent.

I'm happy giving up the 37 pick.

Welcome to Tigerland Ivan!

Richmond have picked up 2 quality young players in Maric and Morris.

I also agree. I have been crying out for a ruckman. Who else is there? If he is above average, pick # 37 is cheap. Now it is time to start recruiting and grooming some young monsters upon whom expectations will not sink them because we can wait.

Ghost of 29 said:
I am of the understanding that the club medico's share information on players that clubs are discussing in trades. A medical person may confirm but I think it is okay for doctors to share confidential medical information. Thus the prospective buying club would know that player x had an ankle injury and was treated with a,b,c,d and was cleared for training.

Still I think it would be wise for a club to do their own medical tests.

Under AMA ethics Dr. must share information with other Dr's should the patient request.

Disco Stu said:
TOT70, I hear you, i just hope that we didn't get fixated on the one target.
I'd use the PSD myself for this purpose & use the ND for kids.

PSD was apparently not an option Maric would have stayed with the Crows. And clubs don't like tying down PSD picks at this stage anyway. 37 may be slightly over but you pay overs for a ruckman. Collingwood paid pick 14 for Wood, IIRC Wood and Maric were from the same draft and Maric is probably ahead of him.

IanG said:
PSD was apparently not an option Maric would have stayed with the Crows. And clubs don't like tying down PSD picks at this stage anyway. 37 may be slightly over but you pay overs for a ruckman. Collingwood paid pick 14 for Wood, IIRC Wood and Maric were from the same draft and Maric is probably ahead of him.

Adelaide are seething about our hard stance on pick 37. And the fact they had to get a 3rd party in shows we have got a good deal.

Lennox Street said:
I think people really need to recalibrate their valuation of late picks. The Roos just paid pick 58 for a guy who was on the Hawks rookie list that the Hawks were not going to list.

Then the Roos got rolled. I dont consider 37 late even by this drafts standards.