Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I tend to agree , his loss is underrated imo ,

I wouldn’t be bothered arguing it with a Brisbane supporter but can safely say it here ,

With him and lynch in together we become significantly stronger in the air and I honestly think we win that game last night .

Replace Chol with Caddy and we would have won last night

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Broad in as 2nd ruck. Just need someone to contest and stop the opposition ruckman grabbing the ball but forcing a tap. Back our midfield to hunt the oppos tap.

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
I have a left field recruit suggestion. Josh Jenkins. Not getting a game at the cats, would be cheap. Yes has flaws but can adequately ruck, kick goals and is very capable

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
I have a left field recruit suggestion. Josh Jenkins. Not getting a game at the cats, would be cheap. Yes has flaws but can adequately ruck, kick goals and is very capable
The answer lies in your question.
Cant get a game with Geelong who are crying out for ruck support.

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
We are talking about the cats who have a stubborn, know it all coach? Reckon Jenkins is overly maligned and has a few good years in him.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
We are talking about the cats who have a stubborn, know it all coach? Reckon Jenkins is overly maligned and has a few good years in him.

I like the thinking, we need someone experienced who knows what they are doing and can chopout for Nank until CCJ is ready, if he's around.

Don't think JJ is the answer though in this case.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Anyone know how Soldo's knee reco went?
It would be good if the club could give members better updates on these types of things. Hopefully it went well and the long recovery commences.

The old adage about you don't realise what you've lost until its gone certainly rings true with Ivan out of the team. Huge loss.

Reactions: 1 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I've recently watched our 2019 final series and Soldo was very good.

He tag teamed with Nank beautifully, won taps, took marks, kicked the odd sausage. I loved the bit in the Cats game where he took a mark and Parfitt ran into his chest and fell flat on his @rse. Big Ivan didn't flinch :)

Looking forward to your return, Big Fella.

Reactions: 10 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I've recently watched our 2019 final series and Soldo was very good.

He tag teamed with Nank beautifully, won taps, took marks, kicked the odd sausage. I loved the bit in the Cats game where he took a mark and Parfitt ran into his chest and fell flat on his @rse. Big Ivan didn't flinch :)

Looking forward to your return, Big Fella.

Love the solo man.
No bad effort to turn a bloke who didn't play till very late to a very important member in a premiership team.
Thanks to Hawkins.
The bloke that can't jump higher then a jam tin.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Love the solo man.
No bad effort to turn a bloke who didn't play till very late to a very important member in a premiership team.
Thanks to Hawkins.
The bloke that can't jump higher then a jam tin.
#%&%@#%@ Shove Hawkins .......................... the prick, another dirty prick who's shithousery on the field gets ignored.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Spoke to Soldo today
3 months away,
And i told him Hawkins played a part in the injury.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users