Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

Good opportunity for Ivvy to find some confidence and form today against minimal opposition in tandem with Nank.

Real good today. Looks to be moving very well.
Looked very rusty last week…. a good reminder how tough the last 12 months of inactivity must have been. Today he was so much better. His goal kicking accuracy is a great asset to his game.

Reactions: 1 users
Gave him votes. Thought he was huge in helping with our centre clearances.

Reactions: 3 users
When the new rules allow you to score so easily from centre clearances, he was invaluable

Reactions: 2 users
I think he's made match committee's discussions easier after that performance. Should go out for Riewoldt. Balta to spell Nankervis.

Reactions: 1 user
Horrible first game, very good second game, horrible third game.

I don’t know what’s going on.

A big man coming off 18 months with no footy, reckon it's to be expected Chimpley.

Still question the two ruck strategy. Especially when Balta can easily cover 5 mins each quarter.

With Jack expected to return Soldo should make way ILO.

We badly need that extra runner.

Reactions: 1 users
A big man coming off 18 months with no footy, reckon it's to be expected Chimpley.

Still question the two ruck strategy. Especially when Balta can easily cover 5 mins each quarter.

Replacing Soldo with Jack is not giving us an extra runner Boozy. Jack would struggle to be beat you over 100m these days. Jack, like Chimp and Sheds, looks to be on his last legs.

But yes we need to rethink our ruck strategy. We need to rethink a lot. Good teams don’t beaten like we did tonight.

Especially next week against the Dogs. They will run us ragged if we go top heavy. I wouldn’t even bring in a tall to replace Grimes. We need runners and leg speed. Sonsie, Stack, Martyn, etc

Replacing Soldo with Jack is not giving us an extra runner Boozy. Jack would struggle to be beat you over 100m these days. Jack, like Chimp and Sheds, looks to be on his last legs.

But yes we need to rethink our ruck strategy. We need to rethink a lot. Good teams don’t beaten like we did tonight.

It will improve it a bit. Jack despite his age will still both compete better in the air than Soldo and provide more at ground level.

But yeah the concern is still valid.

Especially next week against the Dogs. They will run us ragged if we go top heavy. I wouldn’t even bring in a tall to replace Grimes. We need runners and leg speed. Sonsie, Stack, Martyn, etc
Martyn - lol
He is getting his pants pulled down in the VFL each week at the moment

With an immobile Lynch & Jack to return, we can’t rest another ruck forward.

Think Soldo needs a few weeks in VFL to regain form. Terrible yesterday & in Rd 1. Balta will have to relief ruck.

Replace Martyn with Mansell and agree. Martyn should be nowhere near AFL again.