Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
A lot better than Nankervis tonight, but doesn't say a lot.
Thats cos he played in the ruck. He is a 1st ruck, not a forward ruck. He needs to play on ball 75% of the game, and sit most of the other 25%.
Nank is the same.

Reactions: 1 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Ivan Soldo had an opponent.

This was a very big game for Richmond. Coming off a month of ruck humiliation.

Freo has an emerging ruck. A good footballer who is young and can be got to. We had to get straight into Darcy. With that in mind we needed a ruck who would do that.

Ivan hurtled at the first bounce and smashed into Darcy. He did that repeatedly. Darcy was sent to HB to sit in the hole. That's where you send rucks who can't get near it.

Ivan Soldo flogged Sean Darcy.

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yeah, Soldo definitely looked better last night. I was happy to see him taking the centre bounce at the start of the game, that's where he should be. Takes a long time to get over the damage caused by Hawkins.

DS

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Was OK. Played the minimum you would expect from an AFL-level ruckman every week. Much prefer Nanks when fully fit, he's an extra midfielder.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Oooooh nasty> Musta missed that one watching on the telly yesterday, probably too busy getting a beer or snack or something. What's the old footy saying about never putting you head where your arse will fit?
I’d rather that happened to my eye than my arse hole, brother!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Everyone seems to be offering up Soldo in a trade to GWS - but that must mean that everyone must also be convinced that Samson Ryan is ready to step up as our number one ruck if and when Nank goes down. Nank will be 29 next year - in his prime but getting on. I hope Ryan is number one ruck material, but if he's not, we could be in trouble very quickly.

Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Everyone seems to be offering up Soldo in a trade to GWS - but that must mean that everyone must also be convinced that Samson Ryan is ready to step up as our number one ruck if and when Nank goes down. Nank will be 29 next year - in his prime but getting on. I hope Ryan is number one ruck material, but if he's not, we could be in trouble very quickly.
I think we’d still have to source a second ruck but where from? There’s not much in the VFL. Try and trade for someone else’s B or C grade ruck? But it’d have to be a 3rd rounder and leave us with no draft picks. Lure Ben McEvoy or Callum Sinclair out of short retirements for a year?

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Is Nank 28 and turning 29, or turning 30 next year? These distinctions are important.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
According to Tiger71 GWS are interested in Ryan (not Soldo) and Ralphsmith. Pretty sure Soldo is originally from Canberra which may be part of the media's trying to connect dots without making any effort to investigate in order to verify from various sources who may on the trade table

Reactions: 1 user

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
According to Tiger71 GWS are interested in Ryan (not Soldo) and Ralphsmith. Pretty sure Soldo is originally from Canberra which may be part of the media's trying to connect dots without making any effort to investigate in order to verify from various sources who may on the trade table

Can't see Ryan going anywhere club rates him highly.

Reactions: 4 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I would be as well . Ryan is a much better prospect that Soldo will ever be.
Ryan is our key forward and back up ruck in waiting

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
I would be as well . Ryan is a much better prospect that Soldo will ever be.
Ryan is our key forward and back up ruck in waiting
If this is the case, we cannot let him go - because KPF is going to be a deficit area after Jack finishes up.

Reactions: 2 users