Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Beat Mumford twice to get the ball to Pickett -> Castagna for the match highlight. Played less than 50 minutes. He and Nank crushed Mumford.
After Cotchin took him down Mumford was too busy listening for footsteps.
So much for him "poleaxing" someone.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Was Ivan Snr on the ground yesterday?
Yep, sure was. As the players were finishing their lap of honour on the Olympic stand side Ivan I was standing on the wing looking at the crowd with a massive smile on his face taking it all in. A great clubman and a catalyst in creating the culture at our club in the early days of this era. The RFC keep their good people around them.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
There was a pic of the RFC ruck brigade: Soldo, Nank, Maric, Hampy, Grigg, CCJ, Chol floating around.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Soldo rectified our only real weakness, getting beat at ruck contests. His tap work is up there with the best. Looking forward to him getting eevarn better next year and beyond.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
After Cotchin took him down Mumford was too busy listening for footsteps.
So much for him "poleaxing" someone.

Yeah it was like a, lets get him before he gets us moment. Cotch just stood up and was like, nows the time, eat grass mummy. Twice in 2 weeks an inspiring tackle from the captain gets us on our way.

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Has Richmond Ruckman written all over him. A few people said on here when he really started to get rolling 6 weeks or so ago, and I agreed, that all he needed to do was start clunking a few and we had a star on our hands. Well guess what? he has started to clunk a few.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
The Legend of Soldo

Books of epic proportions will be written about this giant man. Movies made. Video games produced.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
So awesome. If it wasn’t for Pickett he was the story of the grand final. Development triumph for our club

Watched the replay last night for the first time properly and Soldo was enormous in that game, the best ruck game I have seen since, since ....................... grigga :)

Agree this storey has gone under the radar for sure. Question, is Soldo the best young developing ruck in the league at the moment?

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Still crazy days that "Soldo" and "Premiership ruckman" are in the same sentence... never, ever saw that coming

Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He has shown so much improvement its hard to believe.
If he wasnt a richmond player, he would be spoken about.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Remember the hype last year about USA man Cox & how good he was etc. All after 1 good game, before & since he's been completely underwhelming.
Ivan on the other hand has has a far greater impact after about the same time in the game as Cox, I know who I'd rather have playing for me in the next 5 - 8 years. So do the mugpies, after all they tried to offload Cox & even the Bummers knocked him back.

• Haha