Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
I think that means the PCL is completely torn through. There musn't be any other damage in his knee to avoid surgery. Hopefully he can get a clear run at it in the last part of the season. He was just starting to hit his straps.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
mad_tiggy911 said:
Probably payback for trying to be smart and making them all get out of bed.

Wasn't even worth a *smile*ing fine.

Corrupt organisation.

Yep. We're their cow. Gestapo Gil's goons love squeezing the tits and watch $$$$ come out.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Dev Tiger said:
I think that means the PCL is completely torn through. There musn't be any other damage in his knee to avoid surgery. Hopefully he can get a clear run at it in the last part of the season. He was just starting to hit his straps.

Yep a Grade 111 tear usually requires a reco, hope rehab works or he may not be out of the woods as far as surgery is concerned.

Rest & rehab didn't work for Tom.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
caesar said:
Yep a Grade 111 tear usually requires a reco, hope rehab works or he may not be out of the woods as far as surgery is concerned.

That's a big concern, our rehab people have got the runs on the board though. The hard part might be trying to hold Jack back.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
“The AFL's legal counsel, Jeff Gleeson QC, said the action of Riewoldt pushing the arm of an immobilised Fritsch backwards should be deemed as "unsportsmanlike" conduct.

Yes the look was unsportsmanlike, but Jeff is describing an action caused by the Melbourne player, not Jack.

I wonder if Richmond tried to reject the unsportsmanlike label rather than reject the action being caused by Jack. Two different things.

Oh well, Jack’s reputation is more important than some coffee money, he comes out of it looking better to most I think.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I reckon it wasn't such a big deal and he should have just copped the fine and said he was unlucky and didn't agree with it.

Reckon he is carrying on a bit.

E

easy_tiger

jb03 said:
I reckon it wasn't such a big deal and he should have just copped the fine and said he was unlucky and didn't agree with it.

x2.

Cousin Nick insinuated that Jack is a real tight arse, and would have been very upset at losing 2% of his match payment.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
jb03 said:

In his 13th season and with an unblemished record, I can understand that he saw a charge of “misconduct” as a bit of an affront. The AFL’s comments at the Tribunal continued that theme. He could easily have been let off with a warning given the MRP didn’t hand down any penalty for a string of incidents over the years that were a “bad look” but did no damage. But once charged, I didn’t expect him to win an appeal.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
jb03 said:

He has now highlighted it.
Totally agree.
It wasnt a good look. And if it happened to cotchin or one of our kids there would’ve been an out cry.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
caesar said:

Looks as though the two options were on the table according to below but they gambled on the short term option, (nervous times):

Hardwick was comfortable with his medical department’s decision to opt against surgery for Riewoldt’s PCL knee injury.

“With rehab, he’ll be able to get back probably just after the bye because I think with surgery if you have that it’s probably end-of-season stuff,” Hardwick said.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
jb03 said:
If a player from another club carried on like Jack we would be bagging the crap out of him

Nothing in it. I still can't believe it was cited. If anything Jack restrained himself and prevented injury to the opponent. Pocket money for the AFL, it's getting a bit like speeding fines doing 64km down steep hills where the cameras always seem to be parked.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
tigerlove said:
Nothing in it. I still can't believe it was cited. If anything Jack restrained himself and prevented injury to the opponent. Pocket money for the AFL, it's getting a bit like speeding fines doing 64km down steep hills where the cameras always seem to be parked.

I didn't think it looked good

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
jb03 said:

Good example of the Streisand Effect.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
tigerlove said:

Agree. He pinned an arm so Fritsch could not dispose of the ball legally. It was the smart play. He just held it, he didn't bend it back unnecessarily.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
lukeanddad said:
I didn't think it looked good

Well the league always cr@ps on about duty of care. Reiwoldt had Fritsch in a vulnerable position and restrained himself to prevent any injury. Fritsch never cried in pain, or had any ill-effects, and no one remonstrated with Reiwoldt. If anything the league should be giving Reiwoldt $1500 for upholding the AFL law of duty of care.