Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Hope it was just cobwebs. The end could come quick as he’s not all that athletic.
He's never been that athletic, always been footy smarts with Jaaack n they won't be leaving him in a hurry. He's got the Lynchman there to do the heavy crash n bash work now, Jaaack will be just lurkin n fudgin around the fringes setting things up for all the forwards.

Reactions: 1 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Hope it was just cobwebs. The end could come quick as he’s not all that athletic.

There were people on here predicting the end of Jack due to a drop in athleticism when he was 24. 24! Two Coleman's and two premierships ago.

He may have a different role going forward. But be the opposition coach who plays your third string defender on him at your own peril.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Watching the game again.
He was slow and disinterested.
The kick off the ground wasn’t Riewoldt.
The no fly on there heads in the pocket wasn’t Riewoldt

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Your only as good as your last game, I think Jack will be alright:D

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I've been pro Jack since day one, I've just seen in two games in the last weeks, signs of slowness that the quickest footballing mind can't make up.

I'm still pro Jack and I hope he has another fantastic year. My mind filtered back to late Roughy watching Jack the last few days. And the two are very similar. I want to be wrong but for the first time I saw the finish line for him. And I don't like it. This will hit me harder then Rance. Still remember jumping out of my seat that day he kicked ten against the Eagles. That arrival. That berth of "we've got one and he's our's forever".

I'm making drafting a key forward a priority as I watch this year.

Last edited:

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I've been pro Jack since day one, I've just seen in two games in the last weeks, signs of slowness that the quickest footballing mind can't make up.

I'm still pro Jack and I hop he has another fantastic year. My mind filtered back to late Roughy watching Jack the last few days. And the two are very similar. I want to be wrong but for the first time I saw the finish line for him. I'm making drafting a key forward a priority as I watch this year.
Same feelings for me Scoop especially seen Jack selling himself last year for hinting/wanting to join the footy media. I don't want to see the end of this bloke on-field as much as Rancey, but they're both over 30 and ever since chubby cheeks Poppy came to the world, I knew it was the beginning of the end for Jackmond. I think seeing Bash go will be my next cry....

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
This difference between Rance and Riewoldt was the athleticism. Like other lesser athletes, they either deal with the shortcomings by use of brawn or brains.
I think of other similar types, and those who used their brains saw the end come rapidly (generally because they don't carry a lot of muscle, keeping them agile).
It'll happen with Jack, but I think we'll see him be a decoy a fair bit. Lynch will benefit. So long as if another club drops their defenders off Jack onto Tom and he can punish them, we'll be fine.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'm making drafting a key forward a priority as I watch this year.

Definitely agree with that last statement. Jack's still got a lot to offer but will take time to find a replacement.

Jack will still kick a bag of goals and set up a bunch of assists this year, mark my words.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Definitely agree with that last statement. Jack's still got a lot to offer but will take time to find a replacement.

Jack will still kick a bag of goals and set up a bunch of assists this year, mark my words.

Thought we brought Tom in as Jack's long term replacement:confused:

We can just bring in a Free/Restricted agent like Josh Bruce etc to slot in around Tom if we cannot find anything at the draft table, securing Lynch was a massive coup.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Signs weren't flash yesterday but he is a champ will respond. As others have said , it was only a practice match & he would have got some valuable miles in the legs yesterday.

Noticed a few time the lack of spring in his leap, that was my main concern.

Wildride

Tiger Superstar
Sep 6, 2006
Brisbane
Yes Jack is much closer to the end than the start, and he will have bad games more often. But, we don’t rely on him any more with Lynch, Dusty and the smalls. With the right match up, I still see Jack kicking some bags this year.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I’ll just wait till Cornes say something.
Once I hear “sadly out of form”
Then I will take it seriously