Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Hopefully just pacing himself , it’s a long season , and it’s practice games

I’ll judge him when it gets fair dinkum

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Hopefully just pacing himself , it’s a long season , and it’s practice games

I’ll judge him when it gets fair dinkum
Gee we are a tough mob.

Anyone see his lace out pass to Tom off his left foot.

Wasnt even highlighted it was the wrong side of his body on Game Day.

No other Key forward has those range of skills and he did it like he wasnt even trying

Reactions: 3 users

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Saving himself for the real thing.
Nothing to see here, most of our team didn't even get out of 3rd gear and we only lost by a couple goals.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Saving himself for the real thing.
Nothing to see here, most of our team didn't even get out of 3rd gear and we only lost by a couple goals.

this. if it was the GF, he woulda kicked 5

Alistair Lynch played in 3 flags past 30. Jack will do something similar I'd say

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Thought we brought Tom in as Jack's long term replacement:confused:

We can just bring in a Free/Restricted agent like Josh Bruce etc to slot in around Tom if we cannot find anything at the draft table, securing Lynch was a massive coup.
Lynch will be 30 after 3 seasons.
We have CCJ.
Free agency is a prize or bust move.
We should draft a replacement as soon as we can

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Lynch will be 30 after 3 seasons.
We have CCJ.
Free agency is a prize or bust move.
We should draft a replacement as soon as we can

more prize or bust with drafting than bringing in a known free agent.

I am sure they will draft a tall if anything decent available otherwise continue with best available.

PS. Dusty is 30 in 2 years we need to draft a DUSTY replacement ASAP:D

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
more prize or bust with drafting than bringing in a known free agent.
Agree. The smart play is Free Agency.
FWIW this year is the year for an elite full forward -> Jeremy Cameron
Not a lot of forwards available in 21 or 22.
We might need to keep Jack for a few more years;)

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
A key forward junior is a must as is a key back ideally poached from another club.

Jackmond is going to be just fine for the Tigers this year dont worry about that

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
Was just reading through and got to the Lynch thread and the post about Jack now getting the second defender since Tom arrived.
It's even better than that for Jack - they also have to worry about Dusty spending half his time up forward.

Old Jackmond might have a real easy "transition to retirement" over the next couple of years.
Bit different to when the poor buggar started in the first half (2/3?) of his career and had to play against two with another one hanging off his body.

Have a good time Jack, you deserve it.

Reactions: 7 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Yes Jack is much closer to the end than the start, and he will have bad games more often. But, we don’t rely on him any more with Lynch, Dusty and the smalls. With the right match up, I still see Jack kicking some bags this year.

Have to agree Wild One. He appears to not be the player of old. It is quite natural as father time catches up with him. Still a valuable player nevertheless.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Jack has a smart footy brain one of the best in the business he knows what he can do and can't slot him in the square do his job.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Was just reading through and got to the Lynch thread and the post about Jack now getting the second defender since Tom arrived.
It's even better than that for Jack - they also have to worry about Dusty spending half his time up forward.

Old Jackmond might have a real easy "transition to retirement" over the next couple of years.
Bit different to when the poor buggar started in the first half (2/3?) of his career and had to play against two with another one hanging off his body.

Have a good time Jack, you deserve it.

Perfectly said.

From my vague memory, Jack kicked a lazy 5 in his last proper AFL game so who cares about how he goes in a couple of country pre season practice games.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Jack has a smart footy brain one of the best in the business he knows what he can do and can't slot him in the square do his job.
Agree with that Daniel. He has one of the most astute brains in the game. We often see him do what other players can't.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Exhibit A Jackmonds tap on to Duzz in the Prelim for the run in goal ..............................special.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
No leadership group. Just Chimp and Jack as the 2 leaders. Go Tiges!

* Figgy's watching....watching....I can hear (and smell) the photocopiers in action already...

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
People need to stop predicting the end of this bloke.

GUN.

More than that.

ROYALTY.

Reactions: 5 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
The Fagan post:

Tigers at half timeBrown-paper baggers
Disposals: 137150
Kicks: 8793