Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
He hasn’t come out the other side of the pay dispute looking good.... given renewed air to the myth he is me, me, me selfish...
So I will guarantee he will cop it

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
He hasn’t come out the other side of the pay dispute looking good.... given renewed air to the myth he is me, me, me selfish...
So I will guarantee he will cop it
I found the whole Leigh Matthews commentary regarding the players pretty unusual when he spoke about losing respect. ... Matthews must have some kind of amnesia regarding his own deeds!

One of very, very few to be deregisted from football and charged by police for an on field act.... not sure any of the current players have that sort of stain on their careers!

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Media desperate for any sort of click bait as there's nothing happening but coroner virus. Jaaack's got his little segments in the media n probably a bit to honest n open in what he says sometimes. Makes him an easy target while those that are supposed to be the public mouth pieces shuffle off n hide around the corner.

Reactions: 2 users

amc11

Tiger Rookie
Dec 7, 2018
Anyone who watched in full the players segment the last two occasions Jack has been on AFL 360 would have seen just how much he was personally impacted on an emotional level by what is going on around the clubs and the country at this time. I was disgusted at the way Caroline Wilson completely ignored what Jack and Robbo had been speaking about before Jack mentioned the bush-fire charity match as she launched her ridiculous Caro's Arrow on Footy Classified on Wed night. Jack's comments were completely taken out of context and used as headline grabbing media stage-managing agenda driven dribble. The comments Jack made were to demonstrate they (the playing group as a whole) are empathetic to the situations and plights ordinary everyday Australians are experiencing now just as they were when trying to assist with the fund-raising for the bush-fires.

When people choose to read a headline only instead of watching or listening to a full interview they often end up with the same poorly informed opinion as the so called journalist who wrote the grab in the first place. What is even more amazing is the same journalists who many people are more than happy to take pot shots at previously are now deemed to be the deliverers of the Truth Gospel of Anti AFL Players media driven frenzy !

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
more prize or bust with drafting than bringing in a known free agent.

I am sure they will draft a tall if anything decent available otherwise continue with best available.

PS. Dusty is 30 in 2 years we need to draft a DUSTY replacement ASAP:D

I thought Dusty was 30 next year?

Im all for a sustained dynastical type situation,

but Big Tom owes us nothing.

he monstered us into the GF last year.

on our JR, Cuzzy Nick outed him as a huge tight arse,

so the payout will hit him hard

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
probably a good thing for him there are no games on , reckon there might be some boos coming his way due to the way it’s been portrayed in the media ,

Hopefully by the time the games are back on , we are all in a more positive mood and all this crap is finished

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
probably a good thing for him there are no games on , reckon there might be some boos coming his way due to the way it’s been portrayed in the media ,

Hopefully by the time the games are back on , we are all in a more positive mood and all this crap is finished
Had the thought the other day.
How much are the commentators being paid for their various media roles, talking about nothing?

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I thought Dusty was 30 next year?

Im all for a sustained dynastical type situation,

but Big Tom owes us nothing.

he monstered us into the GF last year.

on our JR, Cuzzy Nick outed him as a huge tight arse,

so the payout will hit him hard
If he is tight then he should have cash in the bank ?
It's those with the pay to pay lifestyles that will feel the difference.
Same as in gen pop.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Reminds me of my favourite in a long list of stats from the Grand Final.
If Castagna had taken every single one of our shots at goal, and missed them all, we still would have won by four points.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Reminds me of my favourite in a long list of stats from the Grand Final.
If Castagna had taken every single one of our shots at goal, and missed them all, we still would have won by four points.

just imagine what would have happened if Dusty or Jack took all the shots at goal. it was carnage even with Castagna spraying shots everywhere.

just the same, that is a classic stat. My favourite moment is from the 2017 Grand Final when the Crows finally score a goal late in the third quarter and the camera pans to Malcolm Blight in the stands. The guy sitting beside can be seen confidently mouthing the words, “That’s ONE in a row!”

it’s like he was expecting a comeback.

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
Dunno but i am a bit surprised that they haven't (nearly) all got the flick.
Just watched FC again tonight (OK I admit I'm a bit desperate with no footy)
Caro again kicking the players and after the Gawn interview she said it was a crap excuse that the players should get paid for keeping fit.

Not bad hypocrisy from someone who would be getting paid twice what she was last year with Monday and Wednesday FC.

THERE"S NO FOOTY CARO.
How come you make twice the money for commentating on a competition that doesn't exist atm yet criticise players who have to still perform a big part of their job, keeping fit on their own?

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
Caro again kicking the players and after the Gawn interview she said it was a crap excuse that the players should get paid for keeping fit.

Not bad hypocrisy from someone who would be getting paid twice what she was last year with Monday and Wednesday FC.

THERE"S NO FOOTY CARO.
How come you make twice the money for commentating on a competition that doesn't exist atm yet criticise players who have to still perform a big part of their job, keeping fit on their own?

Oh I forgot, she also was on Offsiders on Sunday.
Hypocritical Vulture might be one description.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

THERE"S NO FOOTY CARO.

Caro isn't wrong on this one.
Jack should've deflected the question like the other 443 who did before him.
He tried to play the Big spokes man for the players and it backfired badly.
Not one player has jumped in to help him out.
He should've stuck to talking about footy not the politics in footy.
Dangerfield should just stand down. PA for the players my asss.
He picked who would interview him. And what days was the best for himself. He was a joke.
But typical Dangerfield nothing has been said or nothing will be done.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Caro see's the game and politics of the game totally different to 90% of the viewers.
Things that offend her, don't typically offend me.
Players poor bad behaviour, unless its one of our own, i don't give a shitt.
She dives in head first.
Caro is very good at what she does, her dad was a power broker and took no prisoners in his job in footy.
She wont let issues in the game get swepted under the carpet.
She turns everyone and everything in the AFL into a Gazelle,. They all need to be alert of there surroundings. Becuase if they make a mistake she will have them for dinner..