Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

When 'everyone' is under-performing - it means your problem is systematic, not individual. They will need to change something before it changes, floods don't just 'go away'.
If you can’t get the ball flood or no flood, you can get in the way, but you can’t contribute.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree it's not working the forward line ,but that is no excuse we had so much inside 50 ball and kicked points that's poor kicking at goal.

Have a look at Kennedy, 108 years old and he slapped the *smile* out of the 'so called' best defence in the comp.
While we watch Riewoldt trail behind in every contest. Gets outmarked, Can't jump, cant defend and even worse can't kick.
Its time to give him some time off.
Jack would've kicked 10 if he got the delivery that Kennedy got.

Our forward line is out of form, but with the horrible delivery they've been served up, any wonder.

Reactions: 1 users

Our forward line is out of form, but with the horrible delivery they've been served up, any wonder.

He doesn't move. He dosent help himself either
Maybe he knows he isn't as good kicking goals from further out.
But he has serviced the club well.
Im not going to bag him.
But he looks flat

Reactions: 1 users

Nonsense. Jack can’t beat his opponent to the ball. He has kicked 10 on 3 occasions and I was privileged to be present on the first such occasion. Sadly there is no way he will do it again.

Nonsense. Jack can’t beat his opponent to the ball. He has kicked 10 on 3 occasions and I was privileged to be present on the first such occasion. Sadly there is no way he will do it again.
I'm not forecasting Jack will kick another 10 sometime. I'm happy if he plays his role.

My points were
1. Our forward line is out of form
2. Delivery into the forward line has been appaling, compared to the delivery that the Eagles gave Kennedy

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I think what we tend to forget is as we are a system based team the cohesion between backs, mids & forwards is somewhat effected by these covid restrictions.

What I am saying here is that you can only train in small groups so for a team like us , how connected we are also maybe this is affecting us more????

But still we need to find our spark ( which I thought we were slowly getting back) in these next 4 rounds or our season is over.

Great that Lynch spoke out for Jack.

Backing that both get some spark back.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I think what we tend to forget is as we are a system based team the cohesion between backs, mids & forwards is somewhat effected by these vivid restrictions.

What I am saying here is that you can only train in small groups so for a team like us , how connected we are also maybe this is affecting us more????

But still we need to find our spark ( which I thought we were slowly getting back) in these next 4 rounds or our season is over.

Great that Lynch spoke out for Jack.

Backing that both get some spark back.

Currently the only system bending us over is the over grounded forward 50.
Why was WC allowed to have half of optus oval open for Kennedy against the strongest defensive side in the comp?
Its up to Hardwick to figure it out.
Footscary besides Cordy and the x cricketer the rest of there defenders are smurfs.
How can Carlton constantly pump footscary but we always struggle?
Hopefully Hardwick studied the game to find holes in there game plan.

Reactions: 2 users
Jack kicked 10 on 3 occasions and I was privileged to be present on the first such occasion.

I was behind the goals at PRE when he kicked 10.

First time I heard the song "Weve got the best Reiwoldt, in the (game?), We got the best Reiwoldt, in the (game?)......."
and it was sung over and over and over .......

Was a great day.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Now hear me say it fellow preers- how about we stick jack in the back half and tell him to intercept the *smile* out of em and then distribute the *smile* out of it by foot...

Now hear me say it fellow preers- how about we stick jack in the back half and tell him to intercept the *smile* out of em and then distribute the *smile* out of it by foot...

his kicking is *smile*.
Kicking at goal is okay.
Kicking to a player is terrible

Seems like the jury took only seconds to deliberate and found my argument wanting. Fair enough

:cool:

I see what you are thinking but can't see it working. Jack is a pretty good field kick but we still need his smarts up front, and not sure if he would be effective even as the intercept defender. We need him to kick some goals.