Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If PRE did have artificial intelligence then then the word umpire would be *smile*

Reactions: 1 user

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
The censor list is quite big… the former Tiger that became a Port forward, and the GWS player named Matt are both listed. Could be a cool game, guess which players name is censored to avoid defamation on PRE.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Looked as though Riewoldt marked the ball before the instinctive handpass to nobody which led to Rioli's winner. Even if Buckley got a fingertip on it, would've been difficult for the umpire to detect.

Another lucky break on a lucky night for us.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
All things being equal, looks like he’s going around again next year on a much reduced contract.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
All things being equal, looks like he’s going around again next year on a much reduced contract.
1 year deal for a great of the club.
He would easily be in our team of the century.
It will be a really sad day Jack walks away.

Reactions: 9 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia

I read an article suggesting this, and then, in all serious, the article suggested that the chance of breaking KBs record of most games for the Tigers looks remote.

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
Great combative last quarter by our Jack.
I been wondering though, if that was the MCG surface, would the ball of bounced back over Whitfield's head to Daniel?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Great combative last quarter by our Jack.
I been wondering though, if that was the MCG surface, would the ball of bounced back over Whitfield's head to Daniel?
Who builds a playing surface over a slab of concrete because a car park is built underneath at 1.5 metres deep??
VFL park just needed a bit of TLC.
More undercover, upgrade in TV screens, maybe a new members stand, more access in and out of the ground. It had and still has a beautiful playing surface.
And I bet VFL park today be worth more then Docklands.
They should've kept it.
Hawthorn and Stkilda could've shared it.
And maybe a massive upgrade to 25000k for the Whitten oval would've been enough for Footscary and North to share.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I love the thought process Zips, however $25k wouldn't get you a new toilet block and there's no way Docklands would we worth less than Waverley per m2.
The problem with Arctic Park was the lack of quality public transport.
I agree with the Docklands though. No one thought of player welfare when they built that stadium.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
I like how unlike Hawthorn it looks like our champions will not get pushed out the door with no say in it.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Who builds a playing surface over a slab of concrete because a car park is built underneath at 1.5 metres deep??
VFL park just needed a bit of TLC.
More undercover, upgrade in TV screens, maybe a new members stand, more access in and out of the ground. It had and still has a beautiful playing surface.
And I bet VFL park today be worth more then Docklands.
They should've kept it.
Hawthorn and Stkilda could've shared it.
And maybe a massive upgrade to 25000k for the Whitten oval would've been enough for Footscary and North to share.

VFL Park was a victim of 2 things:
Location, which was crap, they should have built it much closer to the city and near a railway line. The notion a freeway was enough to get 150,000 people in and out was a silly notion even in the late 60s, we're still paying for the same mistake with Tullamarine Airport. Also didn't help that it was built on top of a hill in a colder and rainier part of Melbourne.
Architecture, it was a badly designed ground but more a victim of it's time than anything else. After the huge crowds at the Grand Finals in the late 60s and early 70s they were looking for a bigger venue, they would get 150k to a Grand Final too. But it was designed in such a way that you were miles from the action. The playing surface was huge, the distance from the boundary to the fence was huge and the stands were set back from the playing area. All round a bad design.

VFL Park was a good idea but badly implemented, fitting 150k in a ground is tricky and even now with the reduced capacity at the MCG those seats at the top of the Southern stand are a hell of a long way from the action. I would go for more standing room in finals but with lower density than we used to have back in the 1970s.

Docklands was also a decent idea. Great location (MCG is far more convenient for me but, let's face it, right next to the city and next to a very large railway station, hard to fault that), second ground but not enormous as we only really need 1 ground with 100k capacity. But the place is soulless. There's something wrong with that ground and I'm not sure I know what. The way they have to close the roof because of sun glare is inexcusable, we know where the sun will be and they should have sorted this in the design stage. Not sure what you do about Docklands, there must be a way to alter the design to give it more atmosphere.

Anyway, back to Jack discussion.

DS

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Docklands was also a decent idea. Great location (MCG is far more convenient for me but, let's face it, right next to the city and next to a very large railway station, hard to fault that), second ground but not enormous as we only really need 1 ground with 100k capacity. But the place is soulless. There's something wrong with that ground and I'm not sure I know what. The way they have to close the roof because of sun glare is inexcusable, we know where the sun will be and they should have sorted this in the design stage. Not sure what you do about Docklands, there must be a way to alter the design to give it more atmosphere.

Anyway, back to Jack discussion.

DS
The roof makes it convenient for rainy days, but it also makes it soulless. like walking into a massive warehouse. you want the roof open as much as possible but the direction of the ground and the sun interaction is a big issue. they should leave it open on clear nights.

Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The only thing I like about Docklands is that front rows of level 3 you are pretty close to the action. Level 3 at the G you are miles away, even in the front rows.

But yeah the G every day of the week for me.