Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

Edwards and Lambert are first out the door. We need to bring in a couple of good mids well, one at least. JR and cotch could easily play on, their game hasn't deteriorated as much. Hopefully we have another look at Bauer or Ryan this week see how he goes as either soldo or Lynch replacement.

Reactions: 1 users
3 flags
3 AAs
3 Colemans

2 B&Fs (1 in a bottom side as a 21 yo, 1 in a top side at 29)
10-plus club leading goalKicker

325-odd games, 750-odd goals, top 15 in all-time goalkickers list, 4th highest for Richmond

Big game player, done it all.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
3 flags
3 AAs
3 Colemans

2 B&Fs (1 in a bottom side, 1 in a top side)
10-plus club leading goalKicker

325-odd games, 750-odd goals, top 15 in all-time goalkickers list, 4th highest for Richmond

Big game player, done it all.

After all of those years playing for a team which achieved very little he finally got to play finals. I did worry a bit about how well our players would go in finals given the years either out of contention or losing Elimination Finals. But when the chance came players like Riewoldt showed that they could perform in the high pressure games in September.

What a great Riewoldt has been, in 2 minds about whether he should try for another year but that's a decision for after the season. For now let's hope he can hold our forward line together while Lynch is out.

DS

Reactions: 8 users
After all of those years playing for a team which achieved very little he finally got to play finals. I did worry a bit about how well our players would go in finals given the years either out of contention or losing Elimination Finals. But when the chance came players like Riewoldt showed that they could perform in the high pressure games in September.

What a great Riewoldt has been, in 2 minds about whether he should try for another year but that's a decision for after the season. For now let's hope he can hold our forward line together while Lynch is out.

DS
Agree 100%

Jack showed us his superstardom in the 17 GF against the Crows, those 2, huge first quarter marks showed us he was a big time player.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Have said it before.

Still under-rated in some parts of the AFL industry.

A legend at Richmond. Should be a hall of famer at the AFL.

Reactions: 13 users
Have said it before.

Still under-rated in some parts of the AFL industry.

A legend at Richmond. Should be a hall of famer at the AFL.
Spot on bob.
And most non Richmond types still believe cousin Nick is the better player.
Funny how it works.
Nick played some Finals but never achieved the ultimate.

When they review Weightman, Knigtha, Cambo, and Richo they use the reverse logic.
They would have rated Richo, Knighta etc higher but never got it done in September.
(one rider there of course The Flea won in 1980).

Now Jackmond has Nick covered in every area except 20 odd games yet Nick is the better player.
The anti Richmond logic.

Reactions: 1 users
After Shai spotted him out of the corner of his eye and put it out front for Jack to run onto and mark in the third quarter on Saturday, Jack was thinking about passing it off. Then he heard a voice in the crowd, not more than 25 metres away: "Just kick the goal, Jack." He settled down, round the corner, bada-bing, bada-boom. He's always listened to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
After Shai spotted him out of the corner of his eye and put it out front for Jack to run onto and mark in the third quarter on Saturday, Jack was thinking about passing it off. Then he heard a voice in the crowd, not more than 25 metres away: "Just kick the goal, Jack." He settled down, round the corner, bada-bing, bada-boom. He's always listened to me.
When you gonna start yelling at George Spooker?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
When you gonna start yelling at George Sppoker?
He didn't get close enough. I did manage to put off Cholly for his set shot in the last though. "Miss, it Mabs! Miss it! Mabs! Mabs! Miss it, Mabs! Miiiss iiiiiit! Maaaabs! Miss AAAHHHT!"

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Spot on bob.
And most non Richmond types still believe cousin Nick is the better player.
Funny how it works.
Nick played some Finals but never achieved the ultimate.

When they review Weightman, Knigtha, Cambo, and Richo they use the reverse logic.
They would have rated Richo, Knighta etc higher but never got it done in September.
(one rider there of course The Flea won in 1980).

Now Jackmond has Nick covered in every area except 20 odd games yet Nick is the better player.
The anti Richmond logic.
Can’t find any Coleman’s in Nick’s list of achievements, either. Jack has 3 of them.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree - he's got to accept something like that if he wants to play on.
While 300k might seem a modest or even salary by his career average - it's still more than handy.
And he could be seen as contributing to the Club's future.
Tbh I think he’d move on with next stage of life that’ll be media , already does TAS SEN breakfast show

Tbh I think he’d move on with next stage of life that’ll be media , already does TAS SEN breakfast show

I think for Jack it will come down to where he thinks our list is at. If he thinks we have a crack at a flag in 2023 he goes around again, he's still good enough.
If he thinks its rebuilding, then he hangs the boots up and heads into the media full time.

I think for Jack it will come down to where he thinks our list is at. If he thinks we have a crack at a flag in 2023 he goes around again, he's still good enough.
If he thinks its rebuilding, then he hangs the boots up and heads into the media full time.
No it will come down to the club. If we get a forward in this years trade period then Jack will get the tap on the shoulder.