Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

Jack worked as hard as anyone on a tough night.

It makes me laugh when Lynchy doesnt touch the ball,

So everyone wants Jack to retire.

I reckon it's a matter of load

Can't carry too many forwards who are out of the contest as soon as it hits the deck

Lynch is younger, and at this point better

Reactions: 1 user
See, that's the half wrong part.

Noah had 8 goals by this time last year, after playing the first 2.5 quarters of the season in defence. He's the best solution we have.

I remember. he can clunk.

but when we get space and time against poorer opposition he wouldn't know how to time his leads

Might help if the players upfeild could deliver the ball cleanly...the endless bombing it dont help

Did he do enough? I don't think so despite the goals.

His input was minimal especially in the first half.

I'll keep beating the drum but I think Jack is a bit of the problem with our forward setup atm.

The conditions didn't favour tall forwards but it certainly didn't favour 3 tall forwards.

Samson probably shouldn't have played given he struggles in the wet but what happens next week?

If jack plays & one of Ryan or Cumberland doesn't then what?

We're at tipping point & need to start working on the chemistry of the next gen.
Selectors are in a tough predicament since Cumbers must be selected and Ryan deserves a game in dry conditions. Our tall forwards can't afford to fly together but they are, so there must be more leads being offered to separate them. In 2017 we played with mostly Jack as the tall forward with smalls at his feet so can we go back to that idea, but not with Jack of course. In many games we have complained about seeing the long bombs to the square being picked off by tall backs either spoiling or marking so they'd better work out how we need to play. Cumbers did well last year as a leading fwd but hard for that to work if he starts as the sub.

Balta has had two weeks of elite level football done back. Talk of going forward again is crazy.

We need to settle him the rest of the year down back. Lynch, Ryan , Cumberland deserve a go. He could go this week for Dusty. Very interesting times for a legend.

Reactions: 9 users
Balta has had two weeks of elite level football done back. Talk of going forward again is crazy.
Only if you don't want to win the flag.

Not yet, let him build down back for the first half of the year. But we should be planning for Taz and Young down back, and Noah causing headaches for oppo backlines with his athleticism and kicking.

He was great last night. Four intercept marks and two more intercept possessions. Zero score launches. One score involvement. 11 kicks, 3 turnovers, 281 metres gained (that's 25m per kick. He can kick it 70). Noah at CHF, marking the ball forward of centre, turning and banging it quick hard and deep (ahem). Scary for bad guys.

No one loves Jack more than I do. But Noah can give us more now. Who else can?

We need to settle him the rest of the year down back. Lynch, Ryan , Cumberland deserve a go. He could go this week for Dusty. Very interesting times for a legend.
Yeh, the guy is not a forward. He’s an aggressive athletic defender whose last 2 games are a return to 2020 form. Don’t confuse him. We don’t need another tall forward. We need some more Cumberland types. We need some speed and ground ball danger.

Reactions: 2 users
Like TBR, I don't mind being right when everyone else is wrong. (Difference of course being that I am right. ;) )

Only if you don't want to win the flag.

Not yet, let him build down back for the first half of the year. But we should be planning for Taz and Young down back, and Noah causing headaches for oppo backlines with his athleticism and kicking.

He was great last night. Four intercept marks and two more intercept possessions. Zero score launches. One score involvement. 11 kicks, 3 turnovers, 281 metres gained (that's 25m per kick. He can kick it 70). Noah at CHF, marking the ball forward of centre, turning and banging it quick hard and deep (ahem). Scary for bad guys.

No one loves Jack more than I do. But Noah can give us more now. Who else can?
Nope. He looked lost as a forward. It did not work. Set him back.

He can do the attacking things as a back, that’s the next evolution.

Lynch, Ryan/Jack, Cumbo, Martin as your talls and meds.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
You said best forward, not best kick for goal.
Lynch's workrate is enormous. Cops the best defender every week. Triple teamed. Nearly won the Coleman.
Your statement was wrong so I pulled you up.
They are neck and neck career wise - Jack - 62.54% conversion, Lynch - 62.56%

Finals incredibly it's a bee's sting again - Jack - 61.11%, Lynch - 61.53%.

Lynch just edges him but nothing between them man :eyes

Reactions: 1 users