Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
can't look at the possessions alone and the coaches won't be either.

it's oppo rebound, forward tackles, time in forward half, forward efficiency, etc etc

by the end of the season a cumbo or a bauer might match his possies whilst providing more of the defensive intangibles. might even happen sooner.
Yep spot on we need to get games into Ryan and Bauer to it's no brainer.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Poor game. But seemingly Dimma has a plan. Three tall forwards.
We lack speed compared to Collingwood.
Played a game in Adelaide which might allow for all three to bring us a win.

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
That time is close. He's still capable of doing the smart things. He's Jack Riewoldt..Superstar. Nothing new there.
However there comes a time where you're holding back the future.
It’s definitely close. I’d bet he knows that as well as anyone. That’s why he was going to retire last year. 34 years old, 329 games. Top 50 in total games ever played. And top 20 in total goals. Jack has earned his spot for his send of year until someone is knocking down the door to boot him out.

Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Did he do enough? I don't think so despite the goals.

His input was minimal especially in the first half.

I'll keep beating the drum but I think Jack is a bit of the problem with our forward setup atm.

The conditions didn't favour tall forwards but it certainly didn't favour 3 tall forwards.

Samson probably shouldn't have played given he struggles in the wet but what happens next week?

If jack plays & one of Ryan or Cumberland doesn't then what?

We're at tipping point & need to start working on the chemistry of the next gen.

Reactions: 5 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria

I'll keep beating the drum but I think Jack is a bit of the problem with our forward setup atm.

The conditions didn't favour tall forwards but it certainly didn't favour 3 tall forwards.

Samson probably shouldn't have played given he struggles in the wet but what happens next week?

We're at tipping point & need to start working on the chemistry of the next gen.
Let’s fix the midfield and ball use first. That’s the major issue to me.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

We are all over the shop right now where team balance is concerned. Numerous conundrums positionally and personnel wise. I don’t think Hooch knows himself who/where a number of guys should be playing.

Reactions: 2 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012

Correct weight and well summarised.

When does Jack realise he’s holding us back?

Because Dimma ain’t gonna tap him on the shoulder.

This is where guys like Balmey are worth their weight in gold. Hopefully they can resolve this when the time comes.

I don’t think Jack would play VFL. I think he’d prefer a goodbye game.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
All we've got in the cupboard are Bauer and Bradtke. Is either anywhere near ready to play out a game let alone bring Jack level brains and skill?

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
We have a Jack replacement not just on the list, but in the first 18. (Clue: he was one of our best players last night.) Most of y'all just don't want to hear it or can't see it.

Last edited:

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
All we've got in the cupboard are Bauer and Bradtke. Is either anywhere near ready to play out a game let alone bring Jack level brains and skill?

I'm thinking something like this for the short term

MRJ Lynch Martin
Bolton Ryan Cumberland

with the likes of Clarke waiting in the wings for a good run at it.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
We have a Jack replacement not just on the list, but in the first 18. He was one of our best players last night. Most of y'all just don't want to hear it or can't see it.
Best? He tired hard but nowhere near best
Baker Balta were best not him.
He was slow and out bodied again

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Jack should be the 3rd tall Not a main forward anymore
Need Delilah and Lynch to stop leading to the same spot and making it easy for defenders to rebound the ball

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Jack worked as hard as anyone on a tough night.

It makes me laugh when Lynchy doesnt touch the ball,

So everyone wants Jack to retire.

Ooh i get it,

Its April Fools Day.