Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Being played out of position he’s an inside mid any chance he gets a game there?

Reactions: 5 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Got badly exposed for speed on the wing and even when he had the ball, he didn’t use it well enough or quickly enough or both. Same reason Caddy can no longer play wing.

If he isn’t played as a contested ball midfielder, then don’t play him. It’s that simple. Not sure he’s up to it now, which is so disappointing given after his debut game, I thought he was the young inside mid we needed.

Reactions: 2 users

clown

Tiger Superstar
Mar 16, 2004
I think Ross should be trained as a shut down player. Not in the midfield, in the back pocket. Because that's the talent level I think I've seen. I want him banging heads with no neat skills.

Dimma thinks he has to get the ball in his hands to improve his use and to get the confidence to accumulate over a game. To learn to get more and more ball. And eventually to use more conservatively and within his range. For now he has a licence. To get the ball and use it long. This is easier use than at the coalface, use that Jack Ross IMO, and apparently in Dimma's, is not yet able to execute.

Ross is getting a chance. And he is getting ball. We've got a lot of blokes who can't do that.

I've been surprised at the trust Ross has won and the way in which he's improved. Interesting player atm.
He's an is and under type get ball dish it out Mark Coughlan Mark McGough style. Should be played like that or not at all.

Reactions: 1 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Being played out of position he’s an inside mid any chance he gets a game there?
It seems so obvious. Move Lambert to a wing. It’s a gut runner position.

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
If he was an inside mid he would be played there. What other team would he get a game for?

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
He's an is and under type get ball dish it out Mark Coughlan Mark McGough style. Should be played like that or not at all.
That’s embarrassing to mention him as being like coughlan

Reactions: 1 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
he stuffs up anything remotely tricky, and especially when the heat is on. Was worth a go, but not up to it.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Na i agree played out of position. Blind freddy can see he is an inside mid.
a) a poor to middling inside mid, not as good as milesy and we know how that went, B) you need more strings to your bow if you aren't that good at your one alleged trick.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Don’t think he’s good enough, but ironically he’s the type of mid we need next year

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
It seems so obvious. Move Lambert to a wing. It’s a gut runner position.

put a 28yo triple premiership matchwinning, ice-veined star out in the carpark,

and put a slow, poor decision maker, poor user, panicky bloke

in the engine room?

to paraphrase Marsellus Wallace,

'right now, thats pretty *smile* ing far from obvious'

Reactions: 3 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
put a 28yo triple premiership matchwinning, ice-veined star out in the carpark,

and put a slow, poor decision maker, poor user, panicky bloke

in the engine room?

to paraphrase Marsellus Wallace,

'right now, thats pretty *smile* ing far from obvious'
I will stick with what I have written. We need gut runners on the wing. Other clubs have wingman that can get it 20 plus times a game. Steele Sidebottom preliminary final 2018 ring a bell?

We need size around the ball who can get clearances and they need to give it to smart blokes who can use it. Lambert fits that mould better than anyone now that he doesn’t have to cover Dusty off.