Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

I consider myself a footy tragic and this bloke hadn't passed my radar - perhaps I need to watch some more NEAFL games! Gee if it turns out to be this guy and Yarran in and Beatle and Astbury out as the result from the trade period, serious questions need to be asked of Blair and Dan. Compare that to what teams around us have done so far - Cats, Pies, Dogs - we are going backwards by not going forward.

Ossie said:
I consider myself a footy tragic and this bloke hadn't passed my radar - perhaps I need to watch some more NEAFL games! Gee if it turns out to be this guy and Yarran in and Beatle and Astbury out as the result from the trade period, serious questions need to be asked of Blair and Dan. Compare that to what teams around us have done so far - Cats, Pies, Dogs - we are going backwards by not going forward.

Serious question, what did you know about Miles before we showed an interest ?

Hey Baloo, had heard the name, that's it. I am hoping Townsend is another Miles and not another Whiley or Jaksch. Do you know much about Jake "the snake" Townsend?

Perhaps we all need to watch more NEAFL to keep up with our current recruiting strategy!

Played one game last year rd 23 .Played on Nathan Jones for a bit against the Dee's 22 possessions
Hard at it crazy tackler .Should get him to just play against the Dee's .

69 vintage said:
Played one game last year rd 23 .Played on Nathan Jones for a bit against the Dee's 22 possessions
Hard at it crazy tackler .Should get him to just play against the Dee's .

Close your eyes. It's Morris

Baloo said:
Serious question, what did you know about Miles before we showed an interest ?

To have skills is great, but attitude is everything. Miles had a great attitude. There were pearls of form in his short career, his tagging job on Garry Ablett was among them - simply couldn't get a game ahead of some real class at GWS, there were some deficiencies in his game, he lacked a bit in both speed and endurance, a double whammy really and why he was let go. So what did he do - between September and November he hired his own athletics trainer and got his speed and endurance to level other Clubs would accept - but the best thing was his attitude. He wasn't just told - he listened and then did something about it. I'll tip that is why he got a go on the Rookie list. There were openings at Tigerland, just like the openings he now pushes though in the midfield.

I think Townsend is in similar territory - what he does now will depend on his attitude. I just hope we aren't anticipating his attitude without seeing real proof of where it will take him. You'd think not.

Whose spot would he take from this years EF team assuming Lennon or McBean take Newman's position?

jb03 said:
Whose spot would he take from this years EF team assuming Lennon or McBean take Newman's position?

The only possible spot is Conca. And that would be admitting that Conca has been a flop.

At best he's depth. Not a best 22 footballer.

SCOOP said:
The only possible spot is Conca. And that would be admitting that Conca has been a flop.

At best he's depth. Not a best 22 footballer.

Or Lambert. Townsend is no stranger to the forward line, could play the same role as Lambert but with more midfield minutes, allowing Cotch or Dusty to be up forward more often.

jb03 said:

Based on performance in that game would be a walk up start in Cotchin's spot.

jb03 said:

the midfield is one spot where you need to recruit for depth IMO. he, or any midfield recruit, may be 'best 22' but there will be spots that need to be filled throughout the year.