Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

Vlossy

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2014
zippadeee said:
Why? When was the last time you saw him play??
Let them delist him and we should rookie him.
Can't get another Tom hilslop

Round 23 was the last time. I have also seen him live a few times. Kid is very tough and doesnt take any nonsense. No chance he is delisted. Not sure why people think this. He started 2015 very late due to injury but is now back to health and ready to start preseason.

Our third round pick might actually be closer to 55 than 45 the way it is looking with academy selections and compo picks. HS saying Suckling compo is 2nd rd.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Vlossy said:
Round 23 was the last time. I have also seen him live a few times. Kid is very tough and doesnt take any nonsense. No chance he is delisted. Not sure why people think this. He started 2015 very late due to injury but is now back to health and ready to start preseason.

Our third round pick might actually be closer to 55 than 45 the way it is looking with academy selections and compo picks. HS saying Suckling compo is 2nd rd.

I would think the Hawks would receive nothing under the new compensation guidelines.

Top 5% of players over 25 - First round
Top 15% - End of first round
Top 30% - 2nd round

The article stating this did not say what they would get if outside this but I assume nothing. $330k / year I seriously doubt would get into the Top 30% pay grade of players over 25.

Remember also that the academy picks whilst pushing first round picks down the list will likely remove picks later in the draft completely so will affect the best picks but our lower picks could actually move up the draft order.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Vlossy said:

We should try to get GWS's 4th rounder back in return for our 3rd rounder. 3rd rounder on its own seems a bit much for him.

Vlossy

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2014
Rancey18 said:
We should try to get GWS's 4th rounder back in return for our 3rd rounder. 3rd rounder on its own seems a bit much for him.

Yeah tend to agree although it will come down to list management obviously and whether we would be using the pick or not.

Vlossy

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2014
mrposhman said:
I would think the Hawks would receive nothing under the new compensation guidelines.

Top 5% of players over 25 - First round
Top 15% - End of first round
Top 30% - 2nd round

The article stating this did not say what they would get if outside this but I assume nothing. $330k / year I seriously doubt would get into the Top 30% pay grade of players over 25.

Remember also that the academy picks whilst pushing first round picks down the list will likely remove picks later in the draft completely so will affect the best picks but our lower picks could actually move up the draft order.

We will find out tomorrow but as the article says

Suckling’s deal could present the Hawks with a free agency compensation selection after their second round pick, currently at pick 38.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Vlossy said:
Yeah tend to agree although it will come down to list management obviously and whether we would be using the pick or not.
Yep that certainly comes into play - depends how many picks we are looking at using in the draft.

pervian

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 12, 2007
Vlossy said:
If he comes cheap (3rd/4th round pick in a thin draft) then very worth the risk. Would add to the depth and a definite upgrade on Matty Thomas.

We got smashed in the contest by North. This kid might add some steel even as a run with type. At very worst, he doubles our first qtr tackling count :hihi
if he can match Jack Ziebell is got a gig

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
zippadeee said:
I'm not too convinced, this has Mitch Farmer, Adam Thomson and Tim Fleming written all over it again.
All called "tough inside ball Magnets". That came to RFC with the opposite charge because they couldn't get the ball and were very poor kicks.

Tend to agree with this. For every Miles that works, you have Farmers, Thomsons and Flemings that don't.

But, for pick 45 in a weak draft, are you going to get an 18 year old that is a better chance to succeed?

Tough gig but if we have seen enough of him in his junior years and have watched him closely in the NEAFL (albeit I rate the NEAFL as a third or fourth tier competition), I guess we just have to trust those that have the more informed view of him.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
For those who haven't seen him, go to the AFL site an watch the first qtr of rd 23 Dees v GWS , gives you a bit of an idea on him

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
DirtyDogTiger said:
Did SEN say that CCT?
That it was a definite?

Yarran to us is now believed to ge definite
We just have to get carlton's eyes away from pick 12.
I'm flicking between trade radio an SEN so I caught what I think was the end of it, basically will trade that could be done toady