Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
i have the last 3 AFL Prosectus's, he's not a great kick & not a great ball winner, he's a Tagger, which we don't have since Jacko left

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
4th/5th rd pick. May be the same as with Miles. From what I have heard, Miles was being overlooked by everyone after being delisted by GWS. The GWS pushed really hard for the Tiges to roll the dice on him in the rookie draft as they felt he could develop in the right environment.

It will be the same here I think in that GWS would have promised to try and find Jacob a good home. Due to the Matthews brothers the 2 clubs have a very good relationship.

The thing we need to keep in mind is the GWS need to delist kids to get their list numbers down to be the same as every other club thus kids like Townsend will get delisted because of an admin requirement.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Ghost of 29 said:
4th/5th rd pick. May be the same as with Miles. From what I have heard, Miles was being overlooked by everyone after being delisted by GWS. The GWS pushed really hard for the Tiges to roll the dice on him in the rookie draft as they felt he could develop in the right environment.

It will be the same here I think in that GWS would have promised to try and find Jacob a good home. Due to the Matthews brothers the 2 clubs have a very good relationship.

The thing we need to keep in mind is the GWS need to delist kids to get their list numbers down to be the same as every other club thus kids like Townsend will get delisted because of an admin requirement.
A 5th rounder for him is essentially as good as a rookie pick up (unless there was a rookkie you wanted to upgrade to your senior list ahead of him). Let's face it. A 5th rounder is looking like a token pick this year. Sounds a fair trade.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
jb03 said:
Said on the radio GWS were going to delist him anyway.

So WTF are burning a third rounder for?

Truly bizarre club. Our list management and recruitment of players from other clubs has gone off the rails.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
SCOOP said:

You are ahead of ALF.COM & the papers. They haven't announced the trade yet. But I'm glad you have been able to confirm it is signed and sealed.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
SCOOP said:

Truly bizarre club. Our list management and recruitment of players from other clubs has gone off the rails.

We'll probably use two picks to elevate rookies - castagna and lambert. Doesn't matter what round that happens.

Vlossy

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2014
mrposhman said:
I would think the Hawks would receive nothing under the new compensation guidelines.

Top 5% of players over 25 - First round
Top 15% - End of first round
Top 30% - 2nd round

The article stating this did not say what they would get if outside this but I assume nothing. $330k / year I seriously doubt would get into the Top 30% pay grade of players over 25.

Remember also that the academy picks whilst pushing first round picks down the list will likely remove picks later in the draft completely so will affect the best picks but our lower picks could actually move up the draft order.

Suckling compo is end of round 2. Pick 39 at this stage.
Scooter Selwood is second rd compo so pick 37.
Our later picks are already dropping.

Stylo

Tiger Champion
Oct 13, 2012
zippadeee said:
We recruit the same players we delist.
Matt Arnot clone

Matt Arnot with 10 extra centimetres of height could be a decent AFL footballer.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2015-10-11/season-summary-jacob-townsend

Article dated today , doesn't mention a delisting is imminent

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
taztiger4 said:
http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2015-10-11/season-summary-jacob-townsend

Article dated today , doesn't mention a delisting is imminent

Not while there's a smell of a third round pick in the air

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
DirtyDogTiger said:
Did SEN say that CCT?
That it was a definite?

Yarran to us is now believed to ge definite
We just have to get carlton's eyes away from pick 12.

Could not care less if we did not get Yarran, and please Tigerland do not give up pick twelve.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Vlossy said:
Suckling compo is end of round 2. Pick 39 at this stage.
Scooter Selwood is second rd compo so pick 37.
Our later picks are already dropping.
seems generous.