Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Towners purple patch coming into September was a major factor in the Tigers contending.

HIs accuracy in front of goal was vital and many times he converted critical goals.

Forever etched in folklore his 2017 opus.
He was important in the final H&A games in 17 in us achieving 4th place IIRC. We needed the % boost and he delivered.

He's a hero, pity the poor suburban or bush footballer lining up on him next year!

Reactions: 1 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Will always be a key part of delivering the 2017 dream. Created pressure & presence as well as hitting the scoreboard. Played well in 2018 too at VFL level but couldn’t regain his spot. Forever a much loved & respected player with the intercept mark and sealing goal in the 2017 GF an eternal memory.

Reactions: 4 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Imho TBV ,Towna is a bloody good footballer , dosent have the natural gifts of most AFL midfielders, however throw him in the middle of any other league and he’s a star . In saying that it was his heart that made him a Premiership player .

Lets not forget he won the JJ Liston as well as a Premiership medallion
Yes @Mr Brightside , I probably should have put it another way... not so much battler, but that he had to battle to get into the team.

Jumped on the AFL app last night and watched a full replay of our 2017 smashing of Freo when he kicked 6.....!
Not bad for a battler;)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Wasn't gifted any games and earnt his place in that 2017 final series.

I am sure any opposition player in our forward line would have been mindful of where Towner was if they were near the ball.

And he could kick straight.

You have left us with good memories Towner.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Ivan Maric, Scott Turner, Andy Goodwin, and Push Up would be 4 that come to mind.

But there hasn't really been that many.
eeVan played 80 odd games, but yeah, he was a universal cult figure. Push Up again substantially more games than Towna but he had his detractors amoung the faithful. Not a universal cult figure.

On games played, Towna's cult status is something special

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Andy Goodwin and Towner in the same team????? Oh *smile*...............................................

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
When Jacob got selected to play against freo in 2017, I may of been one of thousands who wanted him to do well in that game.
He did, the rest is history.
Thanks Jacob for your endless efforts at Richmond, from one Red head to another "For What you did for Richmond, we salute you"

Reactions: 5 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

Reactions: 3 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Thanks for posting @caesar

Kudos to him for going on, for as anyone who has ever had any type of speech impediment, he would no doubt have been pretty nervous ........ legend.:cupgold

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Can't we talk him into donning the boots for our VFL side?
Would be great to have the premiership legend around RFC.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Geez I wish I was he’s dobblegagger
I'm not sure if you meant doppelganger or really did mean dobblegagger, but given the "blew the statue" comment above.....I'll just leave it here now.

Come back and play VFL for us Towner.

• Haha