Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Amazing that a bloke who played so few games for us is still so fondly remembered for those few games in 2017 but especially the burying of Brad Crouch. We will always have great affection for the bloke for so many reasons but most of all because he is one of us!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Amazing that a bloke who played so few games for us is still so fondly remembered for those few games in 2017 but especially the burying of Brad Crouch. We will always have great affection for the bloke for so many reasons but most of all because he is one of us!
He is always going to be one of my all time favourites. Joins the Zips hall of fame
Castagna
Knights
Maxfield
Wiley
Richo
Cotchin
Bulter
Grimes
Martin
Stafford
Couglan
Houli

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
He is always going to be one of my all time favourites. Joins the Zips hall of fame
Castagna
Knights
Maxfield
Wiley
Richo
Cotchin
Bulter
Grimes
Martin
Stafford
Couglan
Houli
Come on Ziggy lift your game. It's Butler n Coughlan, gotta get your hall of famers right.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Was at the game today
Towner is on the Gold Coast CoVid list
Awesome effort by Jacob today
Just plays inside F50
Obviously not as fit as he was but still covers the ground .
Think he kicked 5 in 15 minutes in the 3rd Q
Vintage Townsend
I know they got beat last week but they played much better today and didn’t over use the ball Southport

Reactions: 4 users

Freezer

Tiger Legend
Feb 22, 2007
Just watched the jumper presentation from the weekend.

I still love Jacob. What an impact.

Up there with Phil Egan and Michael Pickering as my all time favourite cult heroes.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

Up there with Phil Egan and Michael Pickering as my all time favourite cult heroes.
*smile* legend!

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021

Up there with George Castagna (how much do we miss his pressure?) And Stuart Griffens as my all time favourites

• Haha

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach

I’m glad they got Towner in to do the presentations. Recognises his efforts for the RFC, especially 2017 as testament to the esteem in which he’s held.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I’m glad they got Towner in to do the presentations. Recognises his efforts for the RFC, especially 2017 as testament to the esteem in which he’s held.
It’s the ultimate example of playing your role and plugging away and being ready in case an opportunity comes up.

Geez didn’t he have the hottest purple patch at the back of 2017 and first couple of games of 2018. Couldn’t miss.

Reactions: 6 users