Jake Aarts | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jake Aarts

BiddiscombeSkills

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 2, 2005
I actually really liked him as a player. Never left anything on the field, and played some superb games along the journey. Hope he gets an opportunity elsewhere.

Reactions: 6 users

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
Got every bit out of himself and gave his all no doubt so I respect him for that. However, he was never at the standard and got games ahead of others like Stack that he did not deserve in my opinion. I wish him well and thank him for his hard work and efforts. But I am glad he has been let go. Unfortunately his mate Jason hasn't gone with him.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Congratulations to Jake on living a true childhood dream playing for the team you support. Had a crack and a fantastic attitude. But had no AFL playing traits to take us forward.

Reactions: 1 users

Go The Tiges!

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 14, 2009
He certainly got the best out of himself and that’s all you can ask! Although he would be disappointed he has done extremely well to play at the top level and it’s an achievement many dream of and few realise!

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
I will give him credit when dropped always was among the best in the vfl.

Reactions: 6 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Limited talent but put everything he had on the line to try n make it at AFL level, gotta respect a bloke who gives everything he's got to try n achieve. Done well Smock.

Reactions: 4 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Limited talent but put everything he had on the line to try n make it at AFL level, gotta respect a bloke who gives everything he's got to try n achieve. Done well Smock.
Spot on. He did have that patch of three or four games where he was right at the level and even got a Brownlow vote. Didn’t last unfortunately. Bit of a shooting star, like Towner (but not as bright).

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Whenever he got selected it was a sign that our depth was close to the tipping point.

Of those 42 games, I reckon we'd have been less than 50% win / loss.
2020 - 11 wins, 3 losses
2021 - 8 wins, 12 losses (1 as unused sub), 1 draw
2022 - 2 wins, 5 losses
Total - 21 wins, 20 losses, 1 draw.

Close, SKev. Looks bad post-2020.

Congrats to Jake on getting 42 more games out of himself than many with more ability ever did.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
It's a shame we can keep types like Aarts for our VFL team only, he's certainly good enough for that level. He would dominate in local footy if that's where he ends up.

He seemed like a good sort or bloke from the bits and pieces of media I'd seen of him. I wish him all the best for whatever comes next.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Aartsy not playing for the VFL Richmond team in ‘23, playing down at Dromana.

• Sad

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Aartsy not playing for the VFL Richmond team in ‘23, playing down at Dromana.

Jake Aarts has had a big year for the Dromana Tigers. They have finished on top. lost 1 game all season. Aarts won the league b&f and is in the team of the year. MPNFL Grand Final is this Sunday

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Jake Aarts has had a big year for the Dromana Tigers. They have finished on top. lost 1 game all season. Aarts won the league b&f and is in the team of the year. MPNFL Grand Final is this Sunday
My cousin who lives not far from where they will play the GF told me about Aarts.

Machine this year.

Said to him that he will blitz that league. Was above VFL but AFL was a step he couldn’t bridge.

Good luck for him on Sunday.

Reactions: 7 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Jake had limitations but he always gave his all and we could have done with some of that in our small forwards in 2023. Good to hear he is still enjoying his footy and showing good form and standards

Reactions: 4 users