Joel Bowden farewell [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Joel Bowden farewell [Merged]

Re: Joel Bowden Press Conference today!

btw

think it was 97 in his 2nd year when he did his collarbone and he kicked 4 not 5 :headscratch

getting in b 4 somene else

Re: Joel Bowden farewell

A repeat of the three-sidestep goal he kicked against St.Kilda would be a nice way to go out. Let's make the opponents, say, Didak, Shaw & Thomas. :)

Tiger_Shark said:
btw

think it was 97 in his 2nd year when he did his collarbone and he kicked 4 not 5 :headscratch

getting in b 4 somene else

kicked 3 in a qtr on brett heady then did the shoulder...dont know that he ever kicked 5

over his time at the club, he was the most accomplished, by his knowledge of the game, he had bad games, but his good games were the ones that stood out. he wouldve been held in higher regard if he played in better side that played finals. a player that the club will miss due to his football smarts. good luck him

Good on ya Bowds. Great career, and we haven't all underestimated you.

Still chuckle about the time I heard Gerard Healy compare you to Royce Hart though.

Left his stamp on the game by even having a rule changed due to his footy smarts.
By not allowing deliberate rushed behinds this season the 'Bowden rule' has improved the game.

BillyJean17 said:
kicked 3 in a qtr on brett heady then did the shoulder...dont know that he ever kicked 5

I am certain that he kicked 4 in a qtr against the Eagles. It was the game where we held them to something like 0.11 for the first half. And the game where Gerard Healy compared Bowden to Royce Hart.

Thankyou for your efforts and contribution to the Tigers.

He spoke so well, no hint of anger or sadness in his voice. Players like Joel should be retained by the club but they will not and get lost in the system and go elsewhere for others to benefit.

In time he could the role that Benny finished up at.

Will be there Saturday and i 1) hope he plays a blinder and 2) the players fire up and WIN.

BillyJean17 said:

kicked 4 in the eagles game and kicked 5 against Saints in 2001

Always thought Joel should have been captain instead of Johnson - we needed an articulate, media savvy captain who was also a true leader on and off the field.

Hope you remain connected to RFC in some way Joel, we still need your talents!

underacheivers dont win B&Fs and AA's. simple. Fantastic player who got old. its not a new story. On top of being a great tiger, a refreshingly intelligent and philosophical footy man. Congrats on a great tiger career JB. I'll miss you. Stick him at FF on Saturday I reckon and see if he can do a Clokey. :clap

Immensely talented but never really lived up to his promise.

Should have spent all his career forward of center hurting the opposition not picking up cheap kicks in an overworked backline.

Amazing post.

If winning B&F and being named AA as an undersized, slow defender is an underachievement, god help us as the bar must be very high.

great player, cracker clubman, match winner!
Can't help thinking that a better coach at RFC over the years would have overseen a champion here...
Thanks Joel... a true Richmond man all the way!

Great player, great person and a great clubman. Congratulations on your career Joel. It is a sad day to day goodbye! Thanks Joel you are Richmond through and through! :clap

Nik said:
Always thought Joel should have been captain instead of Johnson - we needed an articulate, media savvy captain who was also a true leader on and off the field.

Hope you remain connected to RFC in some way Joel, we still need your talents!

Agree with ya Nik, Bowden wouldn;t be making this announcement now if that sensible decision had been made - would have gone out on his own terms instead of pushed.