Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

There is a bit of irony then a fair chunk of our current on-field leadership is 3 ex Gold Coast players - Caddy, Prestia and Lynch. All showing passion for their adopted club and true on-field leaders.

Not sure if this says more about our current state or the failed Gold Coast experiment. Incidentally all three have had injured-affected careers and all seem to be humming along at the moment.

Anybody else notice him giving Bolton a earful after playing on when Dusty got the free about 15 meters out. He kicked a point.

Tommy H said:
Anybody else notice him giving Bolton a earful after playing on when Dusty got the free about 15 meters out. He kicked a point.

He called him out.
You dont play on when your got a kick 25 metres out.
Good on him...

tigerlove said:
Just an amazing player. Not quick but smart and plays tall. And is a leader. Crucial for our team. Thought his presence was missed early in the season.

Amazing? Really?
I reckon he is B grade, and not a smart footballer at all.
Can go missing for long periods (ie completely unsighted in last year's Prelim) and has a tendency to cruise just off the pace of the contest (why Kingsley gave him an absolute rocket last week).
I think he can be an important part of our team because of his physical attributes but his consistency or lack thereof is an on-going issue.
People get carried away with his goal tally but he needs to do a lot more around the ground imo.
Keeps saying he wants more midfield time, but his occasional passive efforts and lack of pace / spread cannot justify it.

17 said:
Amazing? Really?
Can go missing for long periods (ie completely unsighted in last year's Prelim) and has a tendency to cruise just off the pace of the contest (why Kingsley gave him an absolute rocket last week).
I think he can be an important part of our team because of his physical attributes but his consistency or lack thereof is an on-going issue.
People get carried away with his goal tally but he needs to do a lot more around the ground imo.
Keeps saying he wants more midfield time, but his occasional passive efforts and lack of pace / spread cannot justify it.
If he is B grade lets find some more like him.Reckon he is more valuable than Lynch ATM.

17 said:
Amazing? Really?

If you think he's not a smart footballer, I don't know what to tell you.

17 said:
Amazing? Really?

C grade post. I wouldn't say he's quite A grade either and I agree his lack of pace and spread is likely why he doesn't get a lot of midfield time at the Tigers or when he was at Geelong. But he does well when he pinch hits. I still maintain he's an amazing player for his height and lack of pace. He's a very hard match up and his smarts and leadership is why he's a quality player despite his athletic deficiencies. I personally can't believe your comments regarding consistency. He's very consistent and only went goalless 3 times last year and once this year.

17 does make some valid points & at times Cads can reflect some of those mentioned. Wouldn't completely dismiss it.
I wouldn't class him as an A grader either despite the value of his role up fwd. But he is a very, very good B Grader.

Cadds kicked 44 goals last year and can play threw the middle... Considering his lack of versatility hes actually quite versatile!!

Form goes up and down with most even the great Dusty, either way this bloke is a really really important player to his teammates and the way we play... Love having him in the team!

Ain't he loving Lynch though. All three goals were front and centre roving Lynchy although he got helped with an errant handball for goal 2.

Caddy super important. A big body you can throw at stoppages, lots of mongrel and attitude and great game and forward smarts. Not clean enough with his skills to be an A grade mid but a super B++ player.

caught his head on Game Day - a show i never see - and when asked about the Cats he was very 'diplomatic' towards C Scott. it was a touch of class from him, he kept it simple.

artball said:
caught his head on Game Day - a show i never see - and when asked about the Cats he was very 'diplomatic' towards C Scott. it was a touch of class from him, he kept it simple.
He does a bit of media. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s setting up a career post football.

Caddy another solid game. 24 disposals, 433metres gained, and the highest pressure act points for the Tigers with 64. Amazing player (what you reckon poster 17?).

I’ve always said his midfield work is underrated , has been very good since stepping up there in recent weeks , cant waste him in a FP