Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
easy said:
Until Parfitt gets a premiership medal, I think we unequivocally, comprehensively, won

Comparing the players not the medals....soo many "ok "players win medals, doesnt mean they are good/great players. Aka Bob Skilton, played in one final i think

E

easy_tiger

acatman1 said:
Comparing the players not the medals....soo many "ok "players win medals, doesnt mean they are good/great players. Aka Bob Skilton, played in one final i think

Yeah, But JC won one.

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
tigerlandishome said:
Caddy over Parfitt, easily.

Parfitt is improving each year, i dont think Caddy will improve anymore ( not a criticsim, just as i see it) and i think Parfitt is only 21, my point being wait a few years before we have a winner

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
acatman1 said:
Caddy will always be Caddy, not fast, not a midfielder, will get a goal or 2 "usually". Dont think much will change with him. Cats got parfitt for him, still not sure who came out best with that deal.

Wow. Is this the Parfitt who has kicked 3 goals in 9 games this year? Caddy was integral to our premiership win. How can it even be questioned? Maybe you didn't feel the premiership win the way I did.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
acatman1 said:
Caddy will always be Caddy, not fast, not a midfielder, will get a goal or 2 "usually". Dont think much will change with him. Cats got parfitt for him, still not sure who came out best with that deal.

Caddy’s a bloody great player. Had a terrible night last night and I expected more from him.

Re who came out best at the moment it’s the RFC. Without Caddy we don’t win the premiership in 2017. Parfitt might end up winning multiple Brownlows however if he doesn’t take the cats to a premiership the RFC comes out on top.

tigerlandishome

Carna Tiges
Jun 4, 2007
Perth
acatman1 said:
Parfitt is improving each year, i dont think Caddy will improve anymore ( not a criticsim, just as i see it) and i think Parfitt is only 21, my point being wait a few years before we have a winner
Maybe so, but Parfitt could also be delisted in a couple of years as do a lot of young players.

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
tigerlandishome said:
Maybe so, but Parfitt could also be delisted in a couple of years as do a lot of young players.

Hence my point about it being an interesting discussion, Parfitt to me needs to improve quite a bit, as with most young players with ability, some do some dont.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
acatman1 said:
Hence my point about it being an interesting discussion, Parfitt to me needs to improve quite a bit, as with most young players with ability, some do some dont.

Way too hypothetical. Would we have picked Parfitt anyway? Unlikely.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
acatman1 said:
Yes but in the years to come, parfitt needs to continue to play well, Caddy has done this all his football life. For me, it's C A D anytime of the day.

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
No 4 said:
Yes but in the years to come, parfitt needs to continue to play well, Caddy has done this all his football life. For me, it's C A D anytime of the day.

No Caddy has not played well "all his football life" , and he is a limited footballer, not saying bad or anything like that, but he is limited. Parfitt, is still in the unknown basket IMHO

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Are we serious who’s comparing Partiff to Caddy?
Partiff isn’t Caddy’s left nut. He isn’t even a regular for Geelong.
Partiff nothing special. NEXT is Rattagalia better then lynch :hihi

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
acatman1 said:
No Caddy has not played well "all his football life" , and he is a limited footballer, not saying bad or anything like that, but he is limited. Parfitt, is still in the unknown basket IMHO

Yes he has. That's why he's played 147 games, and missed only a handful of games over his whole career. Every player has limitations. You work to your strengths. You play with team balance with each player bringing their strengths to the club. Parfitt's not our player, never was and 99% never would have been. Caddy was a primary cog in our premiership year, a premiership we waited 35 years for. Why would anyone even think about hypothesising over this now?

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
acatman1 said:

Agree.

smokin joe

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 11, 2004
Like the whole team played bruise fee footy
I think he has struggled the last few eeeks
Won’t tackle r chase

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
smokin joe said:
Like the whole team played bruise fee footy
I think he has struggled the last few eeeks
Won’t tackle r chase

Has been hot and cold. Was down this week, last week had 5 tackles and the most pressure acts. Previous week was down but game before that 7 tackles and most pressure acts again. So yes a bit inconsistent but can't agree he hasn't been tackling and chasing. He is a little slow so it may show out on the field a bit more but it's not from lack of trying.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
His decision making is below par. Had chances in the first to kick goals or create them. Back to the forward line only.