Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I wonder if it is worth trying Josh back in the forward line?

Chol looks done for the season, unless Nank or Soldo get injured. So we are back to a two tall forward line (unless Lynch gets rubbed out!)

Make Jack and Tom start leading hard again. Stop bombing it to the goal square. Leave Josh deep. Smalls rove to the leading forwards. If the leads are not honored, kick long to Josh in a one-on-one. The opposition loose man will follow the leading talls.

Time to mix it up. I am very frustrated with our current set up. Both Jack and Tom are great leading marks, let Tom take his frustration on the guy standing in the whole, rather than being the one targeted.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I wonder if it is worth trying Josh back in the forward line?

Chol looks done for the season, unless Nank or Soldo get injured. So we are back to a two tall forward line (unless Lynch gets rubbed out!)

Make Jack and Tom start leading hard again. Stop bombing it to the goal square. Leave Josh deep. Smalls rove to the leading forwards. If the leads are not honored, kick long to Josh in a one-on-one. The opposition loose man will follow the leading talls.

Time to mix it up. I am very frustrated with our current set up. Both Jack and Tom are great leading marks, let Tom take his frustration on the guy standing in the whole, rather than being the one targeted.
Caddy having a defensive role on McGovern would be a good option.

Reactions: 3 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
I’d like to see it. We have others who can play on the wing and to be honest I’m not sure the hammys are upto it. We need something else up fwd - he would be a tricky match up. Smart and physical too..

Reactions: 4 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Got to play Thursday in my view.

Back to his old role .
Wing is taken .
I was hoping Caddy was going to swap with Bolton months ago,, didnt expect Boltons influenc in the clerences though. I like Caddy forward, very smart and probably our best set shot for goal, 2nd in our goal kicking a couple years back I think

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
agree with the above comments. think Caddy could work in the forward line despite Jack and Toms presence. he was pretty good there. he's a mouthy dude as well. get in the ear of the Weagles defenders.

Reactions: 2 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Has to play medium tall capable and will draw a good defender to , good in the air need his mongrel to not working the setup now we have.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
agree with the above comments. think Caddy could work in the forward line despite Jack and Toms presence. he was pretty good there. he's a mouthy dude as well. get in the ear of the Weagles defenders.

Good overhead but can play small as well. Could be back to the future for Caddyshack

Reactions: 1 user

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Who's spot would he take in the forward line? He is too slow to play alongside Jack, Lynch and a resting ruckman surely.

I think he will struggle to get back in now that the wings appear locked in.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Who's spot would he take in the forward line? He is too slow to play alongside Jack, Lynch and a resting ruckman surely.

I think he will struggle to get back in now that the wings appear locked in.

If Nank is back then he might take the Chol forward role

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Mr fix it... how does he fancy himself in the ruck?

That is more interesting than it First seems , because chol while dangerous around the ground an up forward, looks the part due to his height, but If we are honest , is easily beaten by the better rucks, so if caddy is on even terms in the ruck with chol , ( if ) does he offer more in general footy around the ground?