Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

For a supposedly smart player he makes a lot of not-very-smart decisions with ball in hand.
Thought the opposite actually 17. Was crap in the first quarter but got better and better.

Reactions: 1 users
Caddy is a far better player than Pickett. The only thing Pickett has over him is leg speed.
Agree with this. Although Pickett has made the most of his limitations this year. Caddy is a far better decision maker and knows where and how to find the ball. Pickett is better defensively.

Reactions: 1 user
Caddy is a better decision maker with ball in hand than Picket. I thought he played a pretty decent game and showed some poise in the last quarter. Probably looses his spot with both Picket & Edwards to come back in but would not be unhappy if he stays in the 23 next week.

played ok. one selfish shot for goal but did ok.. Played a little but on edge, trying to not make errors - with Edwards a likely in, I would think its between him and Ralhphsmith that make way.

A
Caddy is still vulnerable in the 22 IMO. With Lambert returning I think he'll be the one who'll make way.
As you know Tooheys I’m a Caddy fan , not so much as winger, though I do like his ability to kick goals from there over our other winger options , however with other mids slowly coming back and plenty of forward options I believe his going to be a very very good emergency hitting September

A

As you know Tooheys I’m a Caddy fan , not so much as winger, though I do like his ability to kick goals from there over our other winger options , however with other mids slowly coming back and plenty of forward options I believe his going to be a very very good emergency hitting September
I don't dislike him Mr B. Just prefer him forward & he's not being played there that much for whatever reason.
Definitely a very handy fringe player who'd be getting a game in most sides.

Still a chance to be there at the pointy end if we're not able to get all on the paddock.
Just think we have better options on the wing in Pickett, Lambert & McIntosh.
He only gets squeezed out if all are available so if he keeps working, he'll give himself an opportunity at the pointy end.

I’d like to keep him in. If we aren’t going to select another ruck, then we can put him forward while we put CCJ in the ruck when Chol is off. That keeps Marlion out of second ruck.

He is too smart of a football player to be wasted in the reserves.
Agree. He’s not gonna dominate every game and he can frustrate every now and then with the odd error and lack of pace (getting towards the end), but he gets to a lot of good, damaging spots and sets things up well too.

(Actually, while I remember, he had a great 2019 GF that he doesn’t get anywhere near enough credit for.)

Reactions: 2 users
Agree. He’s not gonna dominate every game and he can frustrate every now and then with the odd error and lack of pace (getting towards the end), but he gets to a lot of good, damaging spots and sets things up well too.

(Actually, while I remember, he had a great 2019 GF that he doesn’t get anywhere near enough credit for.)
That goal he kicked was very good. Whilst he probably could have done it easier (trying to pass it off when he could of kicked it) his ability to re-gather and snap it on his left was very good.
He also spent time as that second marking forward especially when CCJ went into the ruck for brief stints. He provides that flexibility many other players don’t.

Kicked a goal, cost a goal ... pretty much a cost neutral sort of a game

Not trying to denigrate him but when/if we get to full strength he’s almost a perfect medical sub. Versatile, can play forward, wing and if necessary on ball. Doesn’t have to play the whole game.

Needs to compensate for his lack of pace with footy smarts. The very fact he is in the conversation is a testament to the fact he is a very good player. Far prefer him forward but fitting him in is the issue. I would like to see CJ, Lynch and Riewoldt in the forward line, add in Aarts, Castagna and Rioli and there is little space for him. So, you can put him forward when CJ is rucking but where does he go the rest of the time?

DS