Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

He’s never been quick but I’m surprised at how slow he looks now. Looks like he’s wearing gumboots in quicksand.

Reactions: 1 users
If you’re not quick as a winger in particular, you have to be a gut runner & he’s not that either. No spot up forward for him any longer (unless he wins Castagna’s spot) so it’ll be trade time at end of the season.

I put a line through him after the Sydney game when he got destroyed on the wing. We have gone back to the well but unfortunately the game has gone past him. Forever a premiership hero - but we must upgrade him after the bye.

Reactions: 1 users
When you got guys like RCD , Dow and Ralphsmith and Stack in the vfl he shouldn't be playing simple as that.

Reactions: 2 users
Sad to see the physical decline of a premiership player.

Unfortunately he now really gets shown up in big games. I would prefer to be putting games into RCD or other kids.

Reactions: 1 user
Why are we playing him on the wing? I don't get it.
Desperation.
Lack of alternatives.
And in the hope that his mature strong body and experience would contribute something in this game to combat their mature strong bodies, and balance our undersized mosquito fleet.
Was likely his last chance as after the bye we should get more back.
Unfortunately Caddy provided more of the usual unsatisfying fare.
For a player continually lauded by posters for being a smart footballer, he continues to do really unsmart plays.
Has been on the way out for a year and a half now. Will leave at year end a dual premiership player.

I still think he has a role as a forward (when injuries) re: Lynch.
Not a wingman anymore.
He's never been a wing. I think Dimma is right to give him a shot at it, but it hasn't worked out. His best footy for us was as a utility forward and mid. He's a good mark for his size and a tough matchup forward. I still think there's a role for him, though maybe not at Richmond. It wouldn't surprise me if he had a few good years left somewhere.

Last edited:
Still contracted for another year.

any guess as to how much we're paying him? $500k? we could use that money for other purposes. but would there be any takers if we put him on the market? Gold Coast? we might have to pay some of his salary.

Still contracted for another year.

I’ve always liked him as a player, but can’t help but feeling that he’s a square peg in a round hole the last couple of season.

Can see him being traded for a token pick at the end of the year. We may even have to foot part of his salary.

any guess as to how much we're paying him? $500k? we could use that money for other purposes. but would there be any takers if we put him on the market? Gold Coast? we might have to pay some of his salary.
I think he,ll be with us next year, don’t think there’s much of a queue for him.

He's never been a wing. I think Dimma is right to give him a shot at it, but it hasn't worked out. His best footy for us was as a utility forward and mid. He's a good mark for his size and a tough matchup forward. I still think there's a roll for him, though maybe not at Richmond. It wouldn't surprise me if he had a few good years left somewhere.
Prefer CuJo in the third marking forward role.

He's never been a wing. I think Dimma is right to give him a shot at it, but it hasn't worked out. His best footy for us was as a utility forward and mid. He's a good mark for his size and a tough matchup forward. I still think there's a roll for him, though maybe not at Richmond. It wouldn't surprise me if he had a few good years left somewhere.
Salad roll,chiko roll.....????