Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
True. I'd rather give a underserving kid a go though than play an uninterested Caddy.
So why if undeserving? Who told you that Caddy is uninterested? Maybe he's just a little frustrated with injuries that keep occurring and disheartened?

Maybe this is just the change of luck he needs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
So why if undeserving? Who told you that Caddy is uninterested? Maybe he's just a little frustrated with injuries that keep occurring and disheartened?

Maybe this is just the change of luck he needs.
Clearly someone who hasn't watched him play this year

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Why the Caddy hate. Has been valuable over 4 years. Not an A grade mid but can do the job. Obviously wing or forward only when our mids are not broken but broken they are!

Reactions: 8 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I'm just not convinced he can play in the centre, and also not convinced he is a better option than CCJ forward. Plus, CCJ can be a second ruck.

If they play Caddy I still reckon he is best as a forward. I suppose he could nail some of those tackles we missed last week in the middle but so can Graham.

I will understand if they do pick Caddy - experience, swagger, strength etc. We could do with some of this but I don't think he has shown the form and the fast paced game we are seeing this year does expose his weaknesses.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Given all the experience we are missing I can't understand why we can't find a role for him at the moment.
He's been injured. Has had an interrupted preparation so likely lacking required fitness. Doubt he'll be considered next game but will surely soon be in the mix again. Didn't think the early games he did play this year were that bad but he is more of a depth player now.

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
.fact : leg speed wise, we are rapidly slowing as a team (pardon the oxy)
.i refer specifically to jack, asto, tom, bachar, vloss, cotch, even dion & those never over blessed to begin with aarts, graham, ross
.we've just lost our 2 quickest most talented
.& still we have posters galore screaming to add the slowest on our list as a solution???
.please don't forget the role of pace in our flags

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
if caddy doesnt get a run this week,

he might as well retire and make way for Willie Rioli in the MSD

and get a job as an assistant at Geelong

but I reckon he will get a run.

its a bit of a no brainer against Greater Western Softney

Jewell

Tiger Cub
May 4, 2006
but I reckon he will get a run.

its a bit of a no brainer against Greater Western Softney
Has to get a run this week if fit. What good is a depth player if he isn’t used when we need ......depth

can help forward and in the middle while so many are missing

Id love to see youth given opportunities but this is an emergency

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Why the Caddy hate. Has been valuable over 4 years. Not an A grade mid but can do the job. Obviously wing or forward only when our mids are not broken but broken they are!
I’m trying to workout his last good game.
Earlier 2020, 2019?
:help

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Clearly someone who hasn't watched him play this year
Incorrect assumption; have watched most of both pre-season practice games along with VFL and, of course, AFL. Sure, I agree his recent displayed form is quite underwhelming. But I never said he's a cert to even be picked; just that it does represent a big chance to be considered and, if selected, to regain a future at the club.
He has the right size and body-type to play as an inside mid - still only 28. That's 4 years on Travis Boak who is still going strong at PA. Often his problem is trying to do too much and over-estimating his abilities. Must learn to dish off the ball quickly and effectively rather than try to shrug tackles or do a wonder-kick. Think he can chase and apply pressure in the tight contests though. He is a proven strong mark, and dual premiership player, remember:
"Despite his 46-goal 2018, he was squeezed out of the forward line with the arrival of Tom Lynch and struggled to establish himself as an on-baller. Came back into the team in round 20 as a winger after a stint learning the role in the VFL and performed well all the way to the flag. All-Australian nominee 2018." [RFC bio]

Like most, I recognise his AFL career is at the crossroads, so hoping he's fit enough to get another chance to prove himself worthy of being on our list (not sure of current contractual situation - 1 Yr?). It could be his chance to re-invent himself. Playing wing is just not sustainable for one with his body-type, burst pace only and injury susceptibility. But he can rest in the FL that's missing Bolton and Sheds.

Could hardly do less than what Castagna is getting away with.

Reactions: 2 users

Jewell

Tiger Cub
May 4, 2006
He isn’t best 22 any more but he is an experienced campaigner who can play in a decimated midfield (part time) and can help out forward in a group that isn’t currently functioning. Will lose his place again when better player return.

All for youth getting an opportunity but only so many can play at once

He has to play this week, otherwise why is he on our lis?

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Started slow, but I thought he presented and worked hard down that wing. Gets more of the ball than Pickett/McIntosh. Stays in next week imo.

Reactions: 2 users