Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Perplexing he wasn’t played as the third forward given the injury run. Have coaches forgotten 2017 & 2018? Apparently so. No longer a winger under these rules but a more than handy half forward & pinch hit midfielder.

Reactions: 5 users

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Perplexing he wasn’t played as the third forward given the injury run. Have coaches forgotten 2017 & 2018? Apparently so. No longer a winger under these rules but a more than handy half forward & pinch hit midfielder.
Couldn't agree more would have added toughness and strength in attack and onball. We looked small and feeble alot this season. MC got this wrong IMO!

Reactions: 4 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I'd be annoyed if I were Caddy. We knew what we were getting when we traded for him. He changed his body shape to fit a new role for us, more than once.
Ultimate club man in my eyes. Was a bit undisciplined at times, but you can't have a hard edge and not commit too many frees. Unfairly maligned by many on here.

Reactions: 7 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
I'd be annoyed if I were Caddy. We knew what we were getting when we traded for him. He changed his body shape to fit a new role for us, more than once.
Ultimate club man in my eyes. Was a bit undisciplined at times, but you can't have a hard edge and not commit too many frees. Unfairly maligned by many on here.
Poorly treated. Not the way I expect my football club to treat players.

Reactions: 1 user

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
2 flags and a career best season whilst with us. Im sure he will look back on his time here fondly and not feel like he was poorly treated.

Reactions: 2 users

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
I’d hazard a guess he knew he was on borrowed time.
but at the same time geez 2 flags, more than most players get to enjoy.

Reactions: 1 user

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
I doubt you’ve got any idea how he’s been treated by the club.
As a member for close to 40 years, when I see a two time premiership player consistently ignored for rookies (including Samson Ryan on a wet night against St Kilda when we played three rucks), I absolutely have a right to make a comment. So F off

Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I reckon the move to the wing was just wrong. However, it was hard to find another spot for him in the team. Seems to just not fit in our team any more. Surely could do some good elsewhere.

Since we are not playing him I would let him walk if he wants to.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
I have a feeling the double 50 metres he gave away against Port last year was probably the last straw.

Dimma was furious in the box and he was dropped the following week from memory.

I've always been a fan and in my eyes a RFC champ.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I think Caddy knows where he stands. Contrary to some I think he acquitted himself quite well on the wing. No better or worse than KMac and Pickett. 3 into 2 doesn't go and now with more focus on youngsters I feel his time is limited. Doubt there'd be much in a trade but worth finding out.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Kicked 46 goals in 2018, but there was no place for him in the forward line in 2019 when Lynch came.
Is a better forward than George, Dan Rioli and Aarts, and a much better player.

Reactions: 7 users

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Smart footballer. Try him down back before we (try to) sell him for peanuts.

(Love ya, Josh.)
Love Cadds as well, but I still like him on a HFF. Knock is speed when defence is needed.
Lynch and Jack are too slow there too so three with perhaps Captain Crunch in there will be way too slow. We’ve seen enough of the oppo walking it out of our forward line all this year.
want to fit him in the forward line but can’t see it working or happening unfortunately. I reckon he’d kick 20-25 for the year still but have to weigh it up against the pain the other way.

Last edited:

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
As a member for close to 40 years, when I see a two time premiership player consistently ignored for rookies (including Samson Ryan on a wet night against St Kilda when we played three rucks), I absolutely have a right to make a comment. So F off
As I said - you don’t have a clue. All it is is your uniformed option.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Kicked 46 goals in 2018, but there was no place for him in the forward line in 2019 when Lynch came.
Is a better forward than George, Dan Rioli and Aarts, and a much better player.
Except he’s never played the type of forward those guys played. Love Caddy but as others have said his time in our forward line ended when Lynch was recruited.