Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s Tyler Young from our VFL program. They’ve got big wraps on him.

Young has been on their radar for a little while, his name was mentioned before the rookie or SSD draft if I recall but don't think we had spots or wanted to see first hand what he offers in our VFL side. I like his physical attributes have not seen a dominant game from him yet though.
If we are looking at someone from our VFL side I quite like Lefau he plays with a real hurt factor, raw but potential for upside?

Mykelti Lefau

18/1/1998, 195cm, 96kg, utility

New Zealand born with a rugby background, Lefau spent time on Casey’s VFL list before returning to local football once the pandemic hit. An impressive athlete that can play all over the ground and has reignited hunger to push himself at the higher level.

Reactions: 6 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Not sure if it has been raised.

But how many kids have had their bodies banged up at the Suns?

So much talent gone there, so much of it unfulfilled, most have bodies barely able to make it to 25 in the AFL let alone 30.

Reactions: 3 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Well done on a pretty good career Cads. Always felt that he emblemized the new Richmond. Tough, versatile and with a hint of nastiness.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Young has been on their radar for a little while, his name was mentioned before the rookie or SSD draft if I recall but don't think we had spots or wanted to see first hand what he offers in our VFL side. I like his physical attributes have not seen a dominant game from him yet though.
If we are looking at someone from our VFL side I quite like Lefau he plays with a real hurt factor, raw but potential for upside?

Mykelti Lefau

New Zealand born with a rugby background, Lefau spent time on Casey’s VFL list before returning to local football once the pandemic hit. An impressive athlete that can play all over the ground and has reignited hunger to push himself at the higher level.
Its real weird Lefau doesn’t look like hes 195cm tall

Best wishes in your retirement Josh
You were instrumental in our premiership wins

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018

Mykelti Lefau

If Lefau is 195cm, MRJ must be 188cm ;)

• Haha

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
My thanks and best wishes to Josh "the Campaigner" Caddy.

Tough and skilled campaigner that brought some much needed, edge, swagger and toughness to the side, was a massive player in 2017 as our second forward target and kicked a lot of critical goals over his 17,18 and 19 seasons of greatest impact.

Seemed to fall out of favor in that Port Adelaide loss in 2020 and never really found his way back.

I think Josh had checked out somewhat with other matters and its a shame he wont be playing out the 2022 season with the Tigers.

No doubt he has other plans.

Always will be a two time Premiership Legend for the RFC and will always be immortalised in RFC and AFL History.

Congratulations Cadds and Thanks.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Tom Lynch ended Caddy’s career. Best work was as a makeshift key forward.
Great recruit though. Loved his mongrel & an excellent goal sense. Good luck & thanks.
Spot on brought some very much needed swagger and campaigner to the side.

Could back it up too, was a critical player in 17, and 18, Toms arrival made life more difficult for Josh but he was their for the 19 GF although missed in 20.

He saved the best for his last club did Josh!

Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Great on debut and followed up well the following week. Not sure what position he would hold down at AFL level though.
Wing or HFF?

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Loved Caddy as a player with us. Tough committed player who did the hard stuff. I liked the ball in his hands.
He made us a better team, especially 2017-19.

Reactions: 5 users

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Selfless decision is the call from the coach. True Richmond Man. Well done Cads. The premierships you played in will provide enduring memories for us all.

rensman

interpreter to the stars...
May 6, 2004
North Eastern Victoria
Not sure if it has been raised.

But how many kids have had their bodies banged up at the Suns?

So much talent gone there, so much of it unfulfilled, most have bodies barely able to make it to 25 in the AFL let alone 30.
Very good point. Has me worried about big Tom. I've been told current medical person looking after Dion bemoans how they ruined his body. Present tense still a thing

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Drilling that first goal for us in the 2017 GF. *chef’s kiss*
That first goal in the 2017 GF settled my nerves a bit, and probably the players too.

A real team player, who did a lot of bullocking and blocking especially for Jack in 2017 & 18.

Reactions: 6 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Thanks Josh. And never forget he gave us this. One of my favourite all time YouTube text overs.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
Was wrapt when we got him; he made us better and definitely less personable which I loved to watch.

Etched into Richmond's now glorious modern era.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Was one of the key elements we needed in 2017. Had a bit of mongrel about him. 2 Premierships and life membership of the greatest club in the AFL. Well done, Josh.

Reactions: 8 users