Josh Toy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Toy

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
mtench said:
No, if we are after Toy we still need to hold onto our first pick.

If Toy was in this draft and was available at pick 6, you wouldn't get him ?

BBC

Here comes the hairdryer.
Feb 16, 2005
Melbourne
If Toy wanted to return home from the GC then I would offer pick 3 and McGuane in a flash.

Opulentus Tigris

Tiger Superstar
Dec 8, 2007
Wodonga
BBC said:
If Toy wanted to return home from the GC then I would offer pick 3 and McGuane in a flash.
Pick 6. I'm not sure pick 6 is all that important to GC, they more than anything need mature bodies. Otherwise they will get smashed in contested ball next year. This why I believe, any team dealing with GC wouldn't necessarily need to offer up a first round pick. They already have an abundance of those.

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
I feel that a mature regular player that could fit somewhere in their spine or midfield, who could give GC another 5 years, would easily compensate them as a trade for Toy.

GEDS1

Richo's last lap
Apr 15, 2007
Phanto if that meant any of McGuane, Thirsty or Rance can you please arrange for it to happen.

Phanto do you see Toy as an improved Chad Cornes ?

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009
What's with all the massive speculation of Toy trades? Has it been officially announced that he doesn't want to go to the GC and I missed it?

All I've heard is a couple of internet rumours.

mtench

Tiger Champion
May 9, 2007
WINCHELSEA
Phantom said:
I feel that a mature regular player that could fit somewhere in their spine or midfield, who could give GC another 5 years, would easily compensate them as a trade for Toy.
Id give up Tambling and McGuane for Toy!

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Barnzy said:
What's with all the massive speculation of Toy trades? Has it been officially announced that he doesn't want to go to the GC and I missed it?

All I've heard is a couple of internet rumours.

Like most of the other trade / draft speculation this time of year.

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
From a big bodied player for GC - could Shane Tuck come into this equation to wangle Toy to us? After all - longevity shouldn't be a problem with the Tuck genes.

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004
Opulentus Tigris said:
Pick 6. I'm not sure pick 6 is all that important to GC, they more than anything need mature bodies. Otherwise they will get smashed in contested ball next year. This why I believe, any team dealing with GC wouldn't necessarily need to offer up a first round pick. They already have an abundance of those.

Spot on. They wont want draft picks.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
Chiang Mai Tiger said:
Kissing that one goodbye
Not quite ;D
Apparently the Boy isn,t enoying life up North and wants to head back to Vic.
Expect GC to put him on the Trade Table.

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009
I've watched him a number of times this year and he hasn't impressed me one bit. Doesn't look quick, doesn't rack up the ball and has been exposed defensively giving up a fair few goals. What made him so impressive as a junior? Just wondering because he was hyped up so much and I haven't seen it so far.

vinpaul

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2009
Barnzy said:
I've watched him a number of times this year and he hasn't impressed me one bit. Doesn't look quick, doesn't rack up the ball and has been exposed defensively giving up a fair few goals. What made him so impressive as a junior? Just wondering because he was hyped up so much and I haven't seen it so far.
Yeah Id agree with that, Ive watched him closely and he has not been all that impressive considering he was touted as a top 3 pick.