Justice? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Justice?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
1eyedtiger said:
Very good point. I would never condone human rights abuses. I was thinking about murderers and drug traffickers when I wrote this so I'm not going to argue it any further. I've been corrected and fair enough.

I guess my thoughts on the jury and sentencing bit are more to do with my opinion that our judges are way too lenient these days and not in touch with the expectations of society.

Yep... sorry if I came down on you too hard 1eyed...

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
http://www.theage.com.au/world/execution-calls-for-melbourne-man-peter-gerard-scully-accused-of-depraved-acts--in-the-philippines-20150305-13vodd.html

Filipino social media call for the death penalty for this sicko.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Sadly it's bastrds like this that give the death sentence some legitimacy, though it would need to be slow and painful, none of this quick death *smile*.

Dunno. Can this guy even be considered human ?

1eyedtiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 2, 2007
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/police-allege-masa-vukotics-accused-killer-sean-christian-price-went-on-orgy-of-violence-before-surrender/story-fni0fee2-1227271332272?sv=19cd7b2abf1a89d6eb84d5b52580aa8

Another big congratulations to all those who oppose the death penalty. We now have yet another violent criminal who should have been put down but instead, he is still alive whilst another innocent person is now dead. You have effectively imposed the death penalty on an innocent person, exactly the reason why some of you don't want the death penalty, in case we execute an innocent person. Well, that has worked really well. Give yourselves a pat on the back.

If this continues, there will eventually be more violent criminals in this state running around than innocent people.

On top of this, the media won't report all of the facts, I suppose because his lawyer has argued that he won't receive a fair trial. Now, tell me why, in trials, the accused criminal past can't be brought up because he/she has supposedly paid for those crimes but it's quite alright to bring up the past of the victim in efforts to discredit them?

I've had enough, this bloke should be shot in every non fatal part of the body to keep him alive for as long as possible before being shot in the head. Make an example of him. Brutal? Maybe that might be a deterrent. A bit of pain before you're finally allowed to die. I'll do it, and gladly give him the finger before pulling the trigger for the final time.

:mad: x 1000

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
What a load of piffle. You might well hold me responsible for poor Masa's tragic and horrific death (may she rest in peace :'( ) but in reality your words say more about you.

brigadiertiger

Tiger Champion
Dec 1, 2005
1eyedtiger said:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/police-allege-masa-vukotics-accused-killer-sean-christian-price-went-on-orgy-of-violence-before-surrender/story-fni0fee2-1227271332272?sv=19cd7b2abf1a89d6eb84d5b52580aa8

Another big congratulations to all those who oppose the death penalty. We now have yet another violent criminal who should have been put down but instead, he is still alive whilst another innocent person is now dead. You have effectively imposed the death penalty on an innocent person, exactly the reason why some of you don't want the death penalty, in case we execute an innocent person. Well, that has worked really well. Give yourselves a pat on the back.

If this continues, there will eventually be more violent criminals in this state running around than innocent people.

On top of this, the media won't report all of the facts, I suppose because his lawyer has argued that he won't receive a fair trial. Now, tell me why, in trials, the accused criminal past can't be brought up because he/she has supposedly paid for those crimes but it's quite alright to bring up the past of the victim in efforts to discredit them?

I've had enough, this bloke should be shot in every non fatal part of the body to keep him alive for as long as possible before being shot in the head. Make an example of him. Brutal? Maybe that might be a deterrent. A bit of pain before you're finally allowed to die. I'll do it, and gladly give him the finger before pulling the trigger for the final time.

I personally don't oppose the death penalty in the right circumstances however after reading that article there is nothing there to indicate he has a previous history of violent crimes that would suffice in his execution.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
1eyedtiger said:

So what crime should he have been executed for before he murdered Masa?

Or do you have some sort of Minority Report technology that can predict murders in advance?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The guy punched Abbott a couple of years back. That's Knighthood worthy, not execution.

1eyedtiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 2, 2007
antman said:
So what crime should he have been executed for before he murdered Masa?

Or do you have some sort of Minority Report technology that can predict murders in advance?

How am I supposed to know? The general public is not allowed to know these things. But if you believe the media headlines about how shocked we're all going to be when it is finally revealed, then this bloke has quite a history.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
1eyedtiger said:
How am I supposed to know? The general public is not allowed to know these things. But if you believe the media headlines about how shocked we're all going to be when it is finally revealed, then this bloke has quite a history.

If he had committed first degree murder previously then it would be published.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
1eyedtiger said:

I understand that he has been in and out of psychiatric care and is schizophrenic. Are you suggesting that we execute all schizophrenics in our society ?

I am on no way condoning what he did but there are many mentally ill patients walking around in this country some who are not receiving the care and help they need. Perhaps using your line of thought those also responsible are Governments who continually cut mental health funding.

If you think the death penalty is a deterrent to a schizophrenic with tendencies towards violence you are kidding yourself.

1eyedtiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 2, 2007
Fine. Forget it.
I'd bet my last dollar that most criminals could prove they have something or another wrong with them and shouldn't be held accountable for their actions.

I don't think many of you get it. The punishment given out for committing crimes is exactly that, punishment. It's NOT a deterrent so stop trying to push that stupid line.

While we're at it, jails don't exactly act as a deterrent either and it's wrong to deny someone their freedom. Two wrongs don't make a right. In fact, there are many known cases of criminals who have been released just to re-offend to get back into jail simply because they can't survive on the outside as they have effectively been institutionalized. Abolishing the entire penal system could actually reduce crime!

To hell with it, just abolish the police force while we're at it. And the army. Having the army do anything involving killing would be state sanctioned murder. We can't have that now. That's bad.

If you all want to be soft on criminals and tippy toe around them, then don't complain when it all goes pear shaped.

Justice my butt. Instead of jailing this bloke, maybe they could give him home detention, at your place. After all, according to your logic, there's no proof he'd ever commit another crime again so it should be all good.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
1eyedtiger said:
How am I supposed to know? The general public is not allowed to know these things.

So you reckon he should have been executed for a crime you can't specify and don't know about. And the rest of us bleeding hearts are supposedly responsible for this poor girls death?

Give me a break son.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
1eyedtiger said:
I don't think many of you get it. The punishment given out for committing crimes is exactly that, punishment. It's NOT a deterrent so stop trying to push that stupid line.

Conservatives and proponents of the death penalty push that stupid line, progressives not so much. You seem confused.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
IanG said:
If he had committed first degree murder previously then it would be published.

No it wouldn't.

Anyway, the guy is mad rather than bad. Go watch his YouTube videos. Bonkers. In and out of Thomas Embling and pretty hard to believe he was on the streets in the first place.

Tragic story all around.

Tommy H

Tiger Champion
Apr 5, 2014
1eyedtiger said:
Fine. Forget it.
I'd bet my last dollar that most criminals could prove they have something or another wrong with them and shouldn't be held accountable for their actions.

While we're at it, jails don't exactly act as a deterrent either and it's wrong to deny someone their freedom. Two wrongs don't make a right. In fact, there are many known cases of criminals who have been released just to re-offend to get back into jail simply because they can't survive on the outside as they have effectively been institutionalized. Abolishing the entire penal system could actually reduce crime!

To hell with it, just abolish the police force while we're at it. And the army. Having the army do anything involving killing would be state sanctioned murder. We can't have that now. That's bad.

If you all want to be soft on criminals and tippy toe around them, then don't complain when it all goes pear shaped.

Justice my butt. Instead of jailing this bloke, maybe they could give him home detention, at your place. After all, according to your logic, there's no proof he'd ever commit another crime again so it should be all good.

Wow - now that is a decent rant but pales into insignificant compared to your opening rant. And no I don't believe in the death penalty but I think you might just of gone pear shaped. Unbelievable really.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Sintiger said:
I understand that he has been in and out of psychiatric care and is schizophrenic. Are you suggesting that we execute all schizophrenics in our society ?

I am on no way condoning what he did but there are many mentally ill patients walking around in this country some who are not receiving the care and help they need. Perhaps using your line of thought those also responsible are Governments who continually cut mental health funding.

If you think the death penalty is a deterrent to a schizophrenic with tendencies towards violence you are kidding yourself.

Spot on Sin. Speaking to a mate of mine yesterday who works in the mental health field. He Commented that this guy should have been in the system and in full care years ago. Only problem is that the system does not exist anymore because of the significant cuts.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
WesternTiger said:
Spot on Sin. Speaking to a mate of mine yesterday who works in the mental health field. He Commented that this guy should have been in the system and in full care years ago. Only problem is that the system does not exist anymore because of the significant cuts.
yes. It's not just cuts it's also that more and more of our mental health budgets are going to treating psychotic patients with drug issues