Kamdyn McIntosh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kamdyn McIntosh

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
agincourt said:
Naish????

He was barely sighted last night and did little of note when he did have it.

19 disposals, 7th most effective disposals for the team despite playing just 60% game time. Not sure which game you were watching. 2nd career game. Tracking nicely.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
JimJessTorp said:
Is Grover in trouble for the spoil punch that caught the Easter Island FC player on the chin? 3rd Q I think.

You gotta have a clumsy factor for Macca. He would be up at the top for this measurement.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Please get him out of the side.
He looks like plays the game tanked.
Whats with the arm flapping?
Trade

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I thought he had a great game last night.

It's often said there's only three parts to football. When they have it, when you have it, and when it's in the contest.

So you have to take it when it's up for grabs, use it when you have it, and get it back when they've got it.

Kamdyn is a huge reason why we're able to do the latter.

I don't know if there's a better player on our list at turning a two on one against between the arcs, into a contest, both in the air and on the ground. When you go to the games, and focus on him, it's actually amazing to see him run from wing to wing to cut off and cover. He's a machine. What's been impressive this year, is his aerial work is improving.

Really important to how we play.

Reactions: 5 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Kamdyn didn’t have a great game. Looked very rusty after the almost 3 week break. One of our unsung stars this year and will do very well in the B&F

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Kamdyn has looked rusty for a few weeks, even before the bye. Started the season like a house on fire but has petered out now. You can't question his workrate but he isn't getting as much ball as he was earlier and is not as silky as he was either

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Yeah made a lot of mistakes. 6 turnovers, 5 clangers. Has been good prior to the last two weeks so I am sure he will hold his spot for now.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Grover has done a power of defensive work this year, he pushes to harass and contest and pressure more than many in the Tigers side, hes a workhorse.
Both he and Broad cover a lot of ground defensively, to cover off the outlets for the opposition and to cover off for our smaller runners when they go up the ground. It is one of the reasons these guys are in every week.Ive concentrated on watching them both at times.
All that said Grover has been a little off last 2 games but he's earned credits this year.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Not travelling that well and good players are missing out. Likely on notice.
in his favour is we dont have a like for like replacement. we can roll the likes of Baker, RIoli, Bolton and Lambert through the wing but none of those would offer the same defensive work rate off the ball, and defensive aerial presence.
McIntosh's role is to run up and down the wing, often where the ball isnt to limit the opposition from switching play, and to spread wide when we have it, to drag the opposition zone. Ellise plays a similar role at times.
that is not to say he is undroppable, but it would be a shift in thinking.

Reactions: 2 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
in his favour is we dont have a like for like replacement. we can roll the likes of Baker, RIoli, Bolton and Lambert through the wing but none of those would offer the same defensive work rate off the ball, and defensive aerial presence.
McIntosh's role is to run up and down the wing, often where the ball isnt to limit the opposition from switching play, and to spread wide when we have it, to drag the opposition zone. Ellise plays a similar role at times.
that is not to say he is undroppable, but it would be a shift in thinking.
Fair enough

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Getting games while others are busting there gut (Baker) are getting dropped. He was shocking yesterday

Whatever you say about McIntosh - usually quite a lot - you can’t accuse him of not busting his gut either
In fact - as has been pointed out many times - one of his strengths is the ability to cover so much ground with gut-busting runs up and down the wing.
And playing an important role for the team

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Hope we can get Shedda locked away soon, I’d imagine there’s nothing to worry about, however with Port believing there in the window they may throw big coin at him.

Have a feel that we may know Brando is on his way to Arden st, so we are now locking away a few with spare coin

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
One of the key defensive running players in our side, has had a good year has Grover even if down the last 2 odd games.