Kamdyn McIntosh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kamdyn McIntosh

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
2017 grand final. KMac and Broad played criminally underrated games. They just kept filling gaps and gave the Crows nothing.
Absolutely. Sat on level 1 that day. Kmac gave them absolute nightmares. Houlhis intercepts were often a result of kamdyn cutting off an inboard corridor kick option and then the kicker being under pressure and dumping it. Don’t see it on the TV.

Reactions: 5 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Don’t see it on the TV.

Yep, exactly.

What still amazes me to this day is the way that Broad and KMac virtually corralled the Crows forward movements and forced them to go at Rance, who put them to the sword. Adelaide kept looking up, seeing Broad and KMac in the space they wanted to use, so they forced the ball forward to where our intercept defenders like Rance, Houli and Vlastuin were just waiting. And when they went deeper, Grimes and Astbury made sure they had no chance. They made it look like shelling peas.

Ahhhh, the memories.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Even as depth, his experience and work ethic make him invaluable to the younger players.
If they’re good enough to knock him off, so be it.
But no matter where you are on the ladder, gifting players games is a culture killer.
They need to take it off him.
If after Dimma’s departure, the selectors had focused on picking the best team rather than not changing too much,
it would have been taken away soon after he had gone.
See him going down the Castagna route sooner rather than later.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Even as depth, his experience and work ethic make him invaluable to the younger players.
If they’re good enough to knock him off, so be it.
But no matter where you are on the ladder, gifting players games is a culture killer.
They need to take it off him.
Yeah, I agree. Speaking of culture...... blokes like Kaps are essential to the fabric of a footy club.... reckon he doesn't take himself too seriously and he'll know when he's done.
Found this when I saw that training day video if anyone's interested.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Yeah, I agree. Speaking of culture...... blokes like Kaps are essential to the fabric of a footy club.... reckon he doesn't take himself too seriously and he'll know when he's done.
Found this when I saw that training day video if anyone's interested.

He's definitely a different cat. In that video with Banksy, Banksy calls him out because of his shoes (1 red and 1 blue) and his comments are funny around he can mix and match but it never works as the left is always blue haha.

Add to that the scooters that he got for Dimma, shows how good players like this are for morale, and to add to it, he's a bloody good trainer. Great to set standards and culture at the club.

Reactions: 15 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yeah, like DashKam and still think he is valuable on a wing. Good for the club to have around, seems down to Earth.

Nice tool set up he did, I did something similar in my shed but just made it myself, nowhere near as many tools since I don't get them free.

Grimesy's wine is good too, nice Pinot and the sparkling is a good drop. He's right about the area, not really suited to big reds although they do make a Cab Sav, likely grapes bought from elsewhere.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
He's definitely a different cat. In that video with Banksy, Banksy calls him out because of his shoes (1 red and 1 blue) and his comments are funny around he can mix and match but it never works as the left is always blue haha.

Add to that the scooters that he got for Dimma, shows how good players like this are for morale, and to add to it, he's a bloody good trainer. Great to set standards and culture at the club.
On the different coloured running shoes KMac was wearing, that particular style of Puma shoes comes left shoe blue right shoe orange…weird stuff by Puma but damn nice running shoes

Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Will be interesting to see if Yze can find a way to reinvigorate K Mac. I thought he was well below par last year, but not convinced just yet it was all him.
I see him as a guy thatdoes the team things, and when he's asked to sacrifice something, he does. Had to be some reason why he kept getting picked even though his numbers seemed down. I couldn't see Mini ruining his chances of winning games - and his chances as a head coach by blindly picking someone on reputation.

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
Absolutely. Sat on level 1 that day. Kmac gave them absolute nightmares. Houlhis intercepts were often a result of kamdyn cutting off an inboard corridor kick option and then the kicker being under pressure and dumping it. Don’t see it on the TV.
I'm positive that most of the people critical of KMac watch their football on TV. He plays such a crucial role that is not within the 1m of the ball that a TV lens captures

Reactions: 9 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I'm positive that most of the people critical of KMac watch their football on TV. He plays such a crucial role that is not within the 1m of the ball that a TV lens captures
Hard to blame them when the afl fixtures is on Thursday night and late Sunday arvo.

But yep both him and marlion on a wing do tons of gut running that forces indecision and turnovers that then Bolton can waste missing from directly in front.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Stackey

Tiger Rookie
Jan 13, 2022
Hard to blame them when the afl fixtures is on Thursday night and late Sunday arvo.

But yep both him and marlion on a wing do tons of gut running that forces indecision and turnovers that then Bolton can waste missing from directly in front.
Cantstandya, says hold my beer!

• Haha

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Whilst I don’t disagree with this his disposal in 2023 was horrible.
It’s never been great but to me it got worse this year

Webbie26

Tiger Rookie
May 17, 2023
No way he plays terrible skills and the worst tackler in the side yze values contest and skill both of wich is his weakness and thank god he does im tired of watching mcintosh sheep dog the whole game

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I see Kamdyn has fully embraced being follicly challenged & gone with the clean shaven look this season.
Dan Rioli looks to have inherited his great uncle's genes & might be next to embrace the nude nut..

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Bradley Cooper and Leonardo Dicaprio couldn't lay a glove on these 2 for screen presence:rolleyes:

Webbie26

Tiger Rookie
May 17, 2023
If we sign this bloke up to another contract then were not fair dinkum as a football club of course he wants anotger contract with us nobody wants him so not like we need to rush it. If we sign this guy up before the last rd of the season im calling it now we are doomed and the lost years are back

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
If we sign this bloke up to another contract then were not fair dinkum as a football club of course he wants anotger contract with us nobody wants him so not like we need to rush it. If we sign this guy up before the last rd of the season im calling it now we are doomed and the lost years are back
So if that happens, we have to wait another 34 years for a flag and go through a dozen coaches? Great.