Kane Cornes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Cornes

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
This is a guy trying to find a way to feed his family after AFL.
You seriously want to start a movement arm chair tossers to target him to get fickle sponsors to sack him?

Just turn the dial and change the channel....FFS
Cry me a river.

My loyalty lies with the RFC, not this p!ssant. He's a bullsh!ter, a liar and he has a vendetta against our great club. I turn on the radio the morning after a great win, and he goes out of his way to denigrate us. He can GAGF as far as I'm concerned.

You do realise that if everyone followed your advise, it would be the same outcome.

Reactions: 5 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
It’s living in that echo chamber over there and continually being told they’re the best thing ever. They want to be us, they want our success and they can’t comprehend us being so much better than them. The only thing they can cling to is ‘you haven’t eaten us at home’. I’d like to do it purely and simply to watch them lose their minds over it.
The problem for them is that they never really get to prove anything because apart from 2018 they keep on falling over at the last hurdle. They lost to Hawthorn at home late in 2019 which wrecked their chances, couldn't get over the pies at home in an elimination final in 2020 and were beaten by the giants in 2017. The simple fact is that you have to get there to win it.

The thing I never understand is that Hawthorn are also MCG co-tenants and they played 4 grand finals in a row against interstate clubs and noone seems to question their dynasty

Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
The problem for them is that they never really get to prove anything because apart from 2018 they keep on falling over at the last hurdle. They lost to Hawthorn at home late in 2019 which wrecked their chances, couldn't get over the pies at home in an elimination final in 2020 and were beaten by the giants in 2017. The simple fact is that you have to get there to win it.

The thing I never understand is that Hawthorn are also MCG co-tenants and they played 4 grand finals in a row against interstate clubs and noone seems to question their dynasty
They’re not Richmond. That 30+ years of being a laughing stock played with peoples heads. Us being good just doesn’t make sense to them. It can’t possibly be because we’re a talented, well run team with excellent coaching. There has to be some external reason no matter how silly it sounds.

Last edited:

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I have the theory that WCE fans are obsessed with us playing at the 'G & say it's an unfair advantage because thier own team can't win away from thier own home ground & think it's the same with other teams as well.
Travel is definitely one of their major bugbears. They believe they need to be better than everyone else (especially Victorian clubs) just to break even. They travel interstate more often than Victorian clubs but enjoy a more pronounced home advantage in WA.

Richmond has won 65% outside Victoria since 2017. The great Eagles sides of the early-mid 90's won 60% outside WA and this current WC mob only wins 50%. They are a rung or two below.

Reactions: 7 users

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Hawthorn are a much smaller club comparatively with a fickle supporter base. For that reason alone they tend to fly under the radar.

In contrast we are one of the biggest, if not THE biggest club in Australia with a very passionate and vocal supporter base.
Add to that sustained domination and you have a situation where opposition clubs and their supporters feel very threatened by the RFC. Their hatred is a defence mechanism for their fear. Don't forget it was the same in 73/74 and 80, the only difference now is we are in a national competition.

Next time at the footy, just yell out 'Eat em alive Tigers' and have a look at the faces on opposition supporters. They feel intimidated.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
You do realise that if everyone followed your advise, it would be the same outcome.

Exactly!
Everyone will never ever have the same opinion on Cornes.

Same reason they wisely have the ignore button on PRE.
Much easier to use the ignore button than leave , or even bully someone off if you do not like what they are saying.

Reactions: 1 user

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
I actually don't mind alot of what Cornes says ... speaks his mind and he occasionally says something which turns out to be wrong but he is paid to give his opinion and so be it.

He doesn't speak his mind, his 'opinions' are what will give him the most clicks. He is the epitome of what is wrong with the media today.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The eagles eh? They can play their pretty keepings off precise chip chip bruise free football. At home. And the media can get all excited. We'll just pummel them with our ugly finals brand of tough football.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
The eagles eh? They can play their pretty keepings off precise chip chip bruise free football. At home. And the media can get all excited. We'll just pummel them with our ugly finals brand of tough football.
Biggest flat track bullies in the competition. Play like Superman at home but Clark Kent away; meek and mild. An indictment on the players and the coaching staff.

Mummy's boys.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
If Kane Cornes speaks his mind then his mind must be a horribly depressing place.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Won’t win many finals with that game plan.
Good luck to them.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
If we win the GF again this year, as much as I'd like to beat the sh!t out of Shocking's Scats again, nothing would give me more pleasure than beating Cornhole's Port Power.

Last edited:

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
The thing that irks me about select interstate teams is that they knew that the GF is played at the G when the joined the AFL, they knew they would have to do some travelling, they knew that 4 Melbourne based teams play their home games at the G. Yet they whinge their arses off.

It's just like buying land next to a proposed freeway, and then whinging when the thing is built.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The thing that irks me about select interstate teams is that they knew that the GF is played at the G when the joined the AFL, they knew they would have to do some travelling, they knew that 4 Melbourne based teams play their home games at the G. Yet they whinge their arses off.

It's just like buying land next to a proposed freeway, and then whinging when the thing is built.

Its more than that though, it wasn't even a proposed freeway, the freeway was already built and operating.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
And sadly, people do.

People buy homes in the Adelaide hills and then later find out that the interstate freight trains come through in the middle of the night. The high pitch screech of wheels on track curves is amplified by the deep cuttings.

So people then call and demand the trains only run through their area in the daytime :rotfl2

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Different code , similar scenario,

You never hear the Melbourne storm complain about travel ,

They just get the job done year after year and stick it up Sydney ,

Maybe these sides should be looking at them as inspiration instead of complaining .

• Love

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Different code , similar scenario,

You never hear the Melbourne storm complain about travel ,

They just get the job done year after year and stick it up Sydney ,

Maybe these sides should be looking at them as inspiration instead of complaining .

Add the NZ Warriers to that list too.