Kane McAuliffe | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane McAuliffe

Yeah, it’s good.

Interesting pick is McAuliffe. Has size, speed, power, aggression, can find a bit of the ball and looks okay when disposing of it. I wonder what the catch is here? Guess we’ll find out when the games start next year.
There's some interview somewhere (in print) where he said he has to focus on Using his speed to get out of packs before kicking as he's focussed to heavily on just getting it. It showed a bit of self awareness I thought.

Reactions: 1 users
Each to their own, but if that's the case then this little black duck would rather stay a boy!

I don't know if i came across as homophobic in my previous post. Maybe i am to a degree in the sense that it does make my skin crawl just to see two guys kiss, but that's because i'm at the extreme spectrum of hetrosexual, and not because i have any hatred towards gays if that makes sense.

Actually, typing this post has now put me off the word spectrum for some reason. I'm still trying to figure out why!
Dont Apologize!! Remember we accept people how they are and accept their choice. :cool:

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure if you've seen the movie Bad Neighbours (I thinkt he below reference was in the 2nd one), but Garf said "Sometimes you have to suck a *smile* to know you don't like sucking *smile*".

I also like the reference around Grindr in the 1st movie. Something like, "Yeah I'm on this app called grindr, I've run into a lot of guys so far, but I'm sure I'll match with some girls soon"
My neighbour confused the Dominos app with the Grindr app and got a surprise when his 10" meatlover arrived.

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
Mark Coughlan and Tony Free.
Two players who should have been celebrated as Tiger champions but were both cut down in their prime.
Don't stop, I'm emotional
Sad Anthony Anderson GIF

• Sad
I was asked to drop into a Christmas BBQ of one of my clients last year and one of their crews came in from their last job to join the festivities. (4 guys in their early 20's). There were a few gayish remarks being make to one of them by the others. Then the others got into conversation about their Tinder experiences, and this 4th dude starts going on about his Grinder date from the previos night. Let's just say he was the receiver and wasn't shy about getting into heavy description.

It's a different world to the one i grew up in. It put me right off my sausage!
Must’ve been Dimma’s 1001st recipe?

• Haha
I was asked to drop into a Christmas BBQ of one of my clients last year and one of their crews came in from their last job to join the festivities. (4 guys in their early 20's). There were a few gayish remarks being make to one of them by the others. Then the others got into conversation about their Tinder experiences, and this 4th dude starts going on about his Grinder date from the previos night. Let's just say he was the receiver and wasn't shy about getting into heavy description.

It's a different world to the one i grew up in. It put me right off my sausage!
I lived a very sheltered life where I grew up - and its very easy to say homophobia for the era was fairly high in society, but in our working class, heavily migrant area it would have been overly represented.
My first shock came at Uni. I went to the basement toilets in the Menzies building at Monash and saw someone climbing over the wall to get into the adjacent toilet. I found out later was a regular hook up location and to expect that if i continued going there.
It wasn't until I took my first job outside of Uni in a call centre when my eyes were prised open. It was just like when I worked in the warehouse as a teenager, and all the guys would talk about the weekend they had on the Monday and who they screwed. Only...these guys were overtly gay and the eye watering level of detail they went into very, very quickly got me into and then out of my state of shock and uncomfortableness. Team dinners on Gertrude st when folks came in chaps, company arranged drag queens for Xmas Parties and social club trips to Mardi gras. You had to get comfortable in your skin very quickly, or find a new job.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Reactions: 3 users
I lived a very sheltered life where I grew up - and its very easy to say homophobia for the era was fairly high in society, but in our working class, heavily migrant area it would have been overly represented.
My first shock came at Uni. I went to the basement toilets in the Menzies building at Monash and saw someone climbing over the wall to get into the adjacent toilet. I found out later was a regular hook up location and to expect that if i continued going there.
It wasn't until I took my first job outside of Uni in a call centre when my eyes were prised open. It was just like when I worked in the warehouse as a teenager, and all the guys would talk about the weekend they had on the Monday and who they screwed. Only...these guys were overtly gay and the eye watering level of detail they went into very, very quickly got me into and then out of my state of shock and uncomfortableness. Team dinners on Gertrude st when folks came in chaps, company arranged drag queens for Xmas Parties and social club trips to Mardi gras. You had to get comfortable in your skin very quickly, or find a new jo

It wasn't until I took my first job outside of Uni in a call centre when my eyes were prised open. It was just like when I worked in the warehouse as a teenager, and all the guys would talk about the weekend they had on the Monday and who they screwed. Only...these guys were overtly gay and the eye watering level of detail they went into very, very quickly got me into and then out of my state of shock and uncomfortableness. Team dinners on Gertrude st when folks came in chaps, company arranged drag queens for Xmas Parties and social club trips to Mardi gras. You had to get comfortable in your skin very quickly, or find a new job.
I was born in country Victoria and other than a stint overseas have lived all my life in thr country, but spent most of my life working in the city. It would be an understatement to say my naivity has had me caught out a few times.

Mark Coughlan and Tony Free.
Two players who should have been celebrated as Tiger champions but were both cut down in their prime.
We've been a pretty unlucky club in this regard.
Scotty Turner and Justin Charles come to mind, both taken down by injury whilst at the peak of their powers. I remember a kid by the name of Mark Summers showing real promise, then injury stepped in. Mark Stockdale was another. Both talls with promise.

I didn't see these guys live but from radio commentary they were racing about their potential.

Last edited:
We've been a pretty unlucky club in this regard.
Scotty Turner and Justin Charles come to mind, both taken down by injury whilst at the peak of their powers. I remember a kid by the name of Mark Summers showing real promise, then injury stepped in. Mark Stockdale was another. Both talls with promise.

I didn't see these guys live but from radio commentary they were racing about their potential.
Mark Merenda another.
We should stay away from recruiting players named Mark

• Haha