Kane McAuliffe | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane McAuliffe

Seems we had Clay Hall ranked the same as McCauliffe and were prepared to risk either of them when trading down the order. How do the junior watchers here rate Hall v McCauliffe?

We've been a pretty unlucky club in this regard.
Scotty Turner and Justin Charles come to mind, both taken down by injury whilst at the peak of their powers. I remember a kid by the name of Mark Summers showing real promise, then injury stepped in. Mark Stockdale was another. Both talls with promise.

I didn't see these guys live but from radio commentary they were racing about their potential.
Graham polak - Gets hit by a tram

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
We've been a pretty unlucky club in this regard.
Scotty Turner and Justin Charles come to mind, both taken down by injury whilst at the peak of their powers. I remember a kid by the name of Mark Summers showing real promise, then injury stepped in. Mark Stockdale was another. Both talls with promise.

I didn't see these guys live but from radio commentary they were racing about their potential.
Another going way back we lost very early to a crippling knee injury was Peter Cloke, David's brother. I think from memory more of a backman, but could really clunk them. Looked very promising.

• Wow
Another going way back we lost very early to a crippling knee injury was Peter Cloke, David's brother. I think from memory more of a backman, but could really clunk them. Looked very promising.
Had a good career at the mighty Oaks.

Reactions: 1 users
Royce Hart. By the time I was old enough to go to the footy he was already buggered.

• Sad
This is another inside midfielder, albeit a pacier one than Hopper & Taranto, but he doesn't have an outside game, I think you could maybe improve that area with some good coaching but there's definitely an element of project. Kicking can be patchy, 55% DE, not a star at state level, just solid averaging 18 disposals. I think mids in the 40-60 bracket are generally longshots, occasionally a Neale or Sloane falls into the lap but it seems to be less frequent these days.

Last edited:
This is another inside midfielder, albeit a pacier one than Hopper & Taranto, but he doesn't have an outside game, I think you could maybe improve that area with some good coaching but there's definitely an element of project. Kicking can be patchy, 55% DE, not a star at state level, just solid averaging 18 disposals. I think mids in the 40-60 bracket are generally longshots, occasionally a Neale or Sloane falls into the lap but it seems to be less frequent these days.
71% efficiency in the SANFL U18s and 84% in the SANFL reserves, pretty good for an inside mid. Still could be a long shot but with his sprint and time trial times, looks like a handy athlete

Reactions: 1 users
I like the fact that he left home at 14 & moved to Adelaide to improve his chances of making an AFL list.
Shows me that he's got a lot of determination to succeed. I don't think we need worry about his attitude.
Unlike a former #1 now playing at Port.

• Haha
He acknowledged that in an interview I saw. I think his words were that he hunts the contest so much he neglects his outside game.
That’s at least awareness and hopefully the club can help him with that.

Not much for these calls! What's a kid supposed to say, or in Yze's case, the conversation is pretty one dimensional. It's all for the fans i guess, but maybe Yze could have trown a herring in there and said "Your plane leaves in 18 minutes, make sure you're on it"!
Gave up reading this thread
I was interested in finding about mcauliffe and not about the coach phone skills and man sex apps

• Dislike