Leppa heads north | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Leppa heads north

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I seem to remember Greg Miller flying to London to try & lure Solomon to us years ago.

which I believe was agreed with Soloman and Essendon. But Miller didn't make it to the fax machine on time to fax through the trade to the AFL. I think.

Reactions: 1 user

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Well the codger can gagf

Doubt Leppa would go back to the Bears after they shafted him .

I suspect Suns would be his next gig in some way shape or form.

Tigers bring Solomon to the club so he can get started on chipping Rowell ...great plan

Or leppa has time off then comes back

I got the feeling he wanted some time away from footy, not going to a different club.

*shrugs*

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
I seem to remember Greg Miller flying to London to try & lure Solomon to us years ago.
I've said all along that if we can get Solomon and Brown without losing too much in the draft then OK. But it looks as though we will have to give up our first two selections as no one rates any of the hacks we are throwing on the table for trade.

Bugger it, lets just go for Brown, they don't want draft picks. Give them Bowden and see how much more they want. Guard our first and second round picks very closely.

I was born in 82 so please tell me if I get anything wrong here.

People go on about Miller bringing back the glory years with this ruthless recruiting.... Wasn't the great 1967-74 period brought about by smart recruiting, not poaching. Didn't we get a great experienced coach in Len Smith to develop a list. Look at the '66 reserve grade side - B. Richardson, Hart, Bartlett, Patterson, Clay and Bourke. How many of these came from other clubs? Obviously it is harder with these days with the draft, but it can be done.

Hafey took over, clearly always had the respect of the players, had a clear, simple game plan, was tough but fair and the rest is history.

We dont need Soloman or that hack from footscray.
I for one hope Miller Hammerhack has egg on his face at 2.00pm friday.
It might make him become creative so that we can get some real talent in the club, by getting the best youngsters in the land.
I suspect that dud frawley is behind this recruiting drive as a one last roll of the dice for him, before he heads of to the sunset, to the land of fields and grain!

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Urban myth I believe. ... the real story was he made it to the fax machine.... but he didn't know how to use it!
I never believed the “I couldn’t find the fax machine” story. I’m sure Miller was playing games.

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
Dean S will take a year away from the game
The reason he was sacked from the Suns was that he was starting a fitness business with his wife and the club wouldn't accept the loss of time to do the assistants job, which is highly time consuming with the use of video.

So I don't think any other club will offer him a job and he can't take one outside SE Qld.

Of course that all relies on the media being correct in why he leaves the Suns.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I imagine that this pandemic has changed a lot of things for a lot of people....