List management 2021-2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

List management 2021-2022

Need to consider that players without contracts like RCD and Stack can simply walk for more opportunities.
Others may see diamonds where we see manure.
History is littered with examples of this

Reactions: 1 user
Shoulder is troubling him immensely. Numbing it is only way he is playing.
Needs to sit it out then if he is incapacitated.

Same with Nank.

Cant be playing injured blokes when we are not running out games.

Reactions: 5 users
Need to learn from Geel & Hawks.
Both cut their respective lists too deeply and have nothing to show.
Cads, Lambs, Matt P, Sheds, Riley would be adequate departures, salary space is created.

Reactions: 1 users
We have cocked up this season, no 2 ways about it.
My Outs, Castagna even if he has a contact. Collier Dawkins, Martyn, Caddy, Lambert, Edwards, Parker.
Trade, Baker, (WC are offering 550-600k) Flappers, Short.
Resign. Cotchin & Rioli. Riewoldt stays only on 400k otherwise see ya
Trade. Hopper Tarranto, Crouch McLean, Burgess,
Add Dusty to your list . Needs a refresh elsewhere.

Need to learn from Geel & Hawks.
Both cut their respective lists too deeply and have nothing to show.
Cads, Lambs, Matt P, Sheds, Riley would be adequate departures, salary space is created.
The way some are posting on here, they need to learn from what Norf have done recently. Some are saying we do the same #'s wise which would be a disaster.

Reactions: 4 users
My shopping list
Hopper
Tarranto
Green
Powell pepper
McLean
1 midfielder and McLean a tall marking forward/ruck

I think we still have some running player flexibility in 2023 as we've given Banks, Sonsie and Brown a year to build up some stamina and learn the game style. I would consider adding Pickett (quite a few posters have called for this) to the midfield rotation next year if one or a combination of these young players can play the crucial role on the wing.

Start of the year, the departure of Houli and Astbury depleted the team structure more than we had estimated.
Can recruit a GWS mid and possibly Dow.
Farewell to Caddy, Lambs, Parker, perhaps RCD.
Perhaps Shedsy.
Can backend the GWS player.

Backending deals are what is getting us in trouble, much better frontending them, to free up cash the next year and keep bringing new talent in every year

Reactions: 2 users
Backending deals are what is getting us in trouble, much better frontending them, to free up cash the next year and keep bringing new talent in every year
agree here! Just look at GWS, near enough to bottom of the ladder & have to let players go just to get under the cap next yr.... If we do trade anyone in, with retirements freeing up cap space it needs to be a front ended deal.

Last night against Port we had no Dusty, no Grimes and lost Flossy during the game.

Astbury, and Houli retired last year and Chol and CJ left. Lambert and Caddy retired this year.

Sonsie, Miller, MJ, Cumberland and Gibcus all look to be players.

I've got big wraps on Ryan, Clarke, Brown and Banks with time look to have a future. Hugo is a question mark, but has shown a bit.

I don't mind Dow, just needs to improve his outside play. Biggie looks promising.

Soldo will be have a lot more confidence is his knee next year.

And then there's the Ace up our sleeve...........Syd.

Our list management and drafting has been pretty damn good. Last year looks to have been a good draft for us, nail this years draft, and trade in one or 2 players and it's good times ahead.

Reactions: 4 users