Little things that annoy you.... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Little things that annoy you....

it’s dangerous behaviour … 30,000 in 6 months is a large number… 1,150 per week…

stop the car for 2 minutes, how about that for a novel idea? Or wait… ?
It’s crazy paintball. Crazy. What would the equivalent DUI level be ? It’d have to be triple .05 wouldn’t it at a minimum ie 0.150 ?

There’s so many solutions as well to using phones in cars now, even with older cars. Why manually text ? Crazy.

Reactions: 1 users
Since I ride a bike I see people texting while driving all the time. You can often tell this is what is happening as they drive a bit slower, have trouble staying in the lane, slow reaction to anything happening etc. It really is very dangerous.

DS

Reactions: 6 users
On the texting front, I see over 30,000 drivers were detected using their phone while driving, over a 6 month period, with the introduction of some whiz bang new technology.

My old girl’s father said some guy at his work got caught texting and driving and received 4 demerit points and a $600 fine in the mail.

Good.

View attachment 22339
That's typical. Over here in the UAE they just upgraded the software of existing red light/speed cameras with an AI overlay to provide this capability. Basically every intersection has them and they'll introduce ability to detect speed between lights for overspeed detection across the mesh shortly. Interestingly, very few use indicators here. Likely a cultural thing. Does my head in along with "turtles" that merge doing 40 into a 140 motorway. It's not one or two drivers. It's more like 30-40%! I pop a foofer valve every time I drive.

What really annoys me is getting stuck behind someone that’s doing 10 to 20k’s under the speed limit, you get to a set of lights and the runts run a yellow or red light.

Reactions: 2 users
This is the same with all those idiots still waiting at a traffic light when it turned green 5 seconds ago. Obviously not looking at the lights. BEEEEEEEEEEP.....MOOOOOOOVE!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
What really annoys me is getting stuck behind someone that’s doing 10 to 20k’s under the speed limit, you get to a set of lights and the runts run a yellow or red light.
Absolutely. As well, these idiots come into a construction zone or traffic accident with a reduced speed, and just blow straight through them at the same speed.

It’s like they’ve got one speed in mind and won’t alter no matter if it’s 20kph under the limit or 20kph over.

Reactions: 3 users
This is the same with all those idiots still waiting at a traffic light when it turned green 5 seconds ago. Obviously not looking at the lights. BEEEEEEEEEEP.....MOOOOOOOVE!!!!!!!
The first car in line is always last to see the lights change.

The first car in line is always last to see the lights change.
Gets bored waiting for the full light change cycle so grabs the phone n starts texting or scrolling, then forgets they're actually in a car n supposed to do trafficky things.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
The best is when they start the right turn just as the light is about to turn from orange to red subjecting the five people in the queue to another cycle and making a clean getaway.

One thing that really *smile* me when I’m driving is when are driving on the main road and you see someone come up from a side street or t intersection. You see them stop and wait, you assume they are waiting for you to drive past them before they turn onto the main road. No, these *smile* seem to wait for you to come closer before turning onto the lane your in, forcing you to slow down from 80-100 kmh to 40-50 in the space of 30-40 metres, and then THEY proceed to slowly drive on

Reactions: 3 users
One thing that really *smile* me when I’m driving is when are driving on the main road and you see someone come up from a side street or t intersection. You see them stop and wait, you assume they are waiting for you to drive past them before they turn onto the main road. No, these *smile* seem to wait for you to come closer before turning onto the lane your in, forcing you to slow down from 80-100 kmh to 40-50 in the space of 30-40 metres, and then THEY proceed to slowly drive on
I regularly see people just stick their car out into your lane, waiting for you and every man and his dog behind you to jump on the brakes and let them in, instead of just fundamentally and legally, giving way from the side street.

Half the time they do it , it’s only a 10 second wait max for a gap in the traffic anyway. But of course, they need YOU to accede to their importance and impatience. Some of course are just belligerent or utterly unskilled and can’t use a brake pedal properly.

Last edited:
It’s crazy paintball. Crazy. What would the equivalent DUI level be ? It’d have to be triple .05 wouldn’t it at a minimum ie 0.150 ?

There’s so many solutions as well to using phones in cars now, even with older cars. Why manually text ? Crazy.
Wait until the 15 year olds and under get their licences soon - the phone is an extension of their arm. Will be very hard for them to operate a car without touching their phone at all.

They should be made to put them in the boot when they get in the car, the functions can all be used via voice control. Gonna be armageddon soon.

I regularly see people just stick their car out into your lane, waiting for you and every man and his dog behind you to jump on the brakes and let them in, instead of just fundamentally and legally, giving way from the side street.

Half the time they do it , it’s only a 10 second wait max for a gap in the traffic anyway. But of course, they need YOU to accede to their importance and impatience. Some of course are just belligerent or utterly unskilled and can’t use a brake pedal properly.
Just like other idiots who stop at the side street, see me coming, wait, but then quickly decide to move in my lane the closer I get to them.

Morons who park right next to you with a thousand other free spaces around you.

Especially annoying if you’re trying to load something through one of the side doors.

It’s a dumb Australian thing.

Morons who park right next to you with a thousand other free spaces around you.

Especially annoying if you’re trying to load something through one of the side doors.

It’s a dumb Australian thing.
This is where I go psycho at times. Happened again this morning. Even worse is that this moron parked 1 foot near my car and not even a chance to at least squeeze through.

This is where I go psycho at times. Happened again this morning. Even worse is that this moron parked 1 foot near my car and not even a chance to at least squeeze through.
That’s exactly why. They are complete and utter morons.

And why would they do it if they’re also at risk of you opening your door into their car, and dinging it ?

Maybe they deserve it.

That’s exactly why. They are complete and utter morons.

And why would they do it if they’re also at risk of you opening your door into their car, and dinging it ?

Maybe they deserve it.
I did that not too long ago and whacked their side mirror with a teeny weeny scratch....

Just seems to be a habit of wanting to park your car in between two or next to another.....I don't know.....coz it looks safe....good? I'm lost at this type of logic.

I did that not too long ago and whacked their side mirror with a teeny weeny scratch....

Just seems to be a habit of wanting to park your car in between two or next to another.....I don't know.....coz it looks safe....good? I'm lost at this type of logic.
It’s because they are totally dumb. These are the same people who talk to each other in front of doorways blocking everyone entering or exiting. The same dumb morons with no spatial ability that come to a complete stop in the middle of free flowing traffic or crowds of people moving in the one direction.

It’s because they are totally dumb. These are the same people who talk to each other in front of doorways blocking everyone entering or exiting. The same dumb morons with no spatial ability that come to a complete stop in the middle of free flowing traffic or crowds of people moving in the one direction.
Yep, like some old codgers doing that near doors and aisles. "Excuse me, wry smile, thanks"