lol carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

lol carlton

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Pretty sure SOS was the one who " rolled over " big time a few years back when Carlscum got busted for all their salary cap rorting. Threw the club n a handful of players under the investigator bus. Old man Elliott was furious at the time n it'd be no surprise if he hasn't forgiven SOS n took the opportunity to sink in a sneaky slipper. Old man Elliott's had a pretty fair crack at the long lunches over the years, reckon they might be starting to catch up on him a bit.

To that I say good on him, with the Essendon debacle we've seen the opposite and most on here wanted players like Watson to be more honest.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Eddie's kicked 4 goals 1 behind in his last 4 games against us. If that's the good luck charm they're banking on, bring it on.

2 of those in the last game v Crows over there when Astbury was out (in addition to Rance) and Grimes had to play tall, leaving Eddie on Stack (Eddie kicked 2 but Syd picked up 22 touches so wouldn't say Eddie completely pantsed Stack either)

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I am starting to get a little concerned about Carlton’s cellar dwelling ways continuing because they are building a decent list, which makes sense because they have had high draft picks for about 100 years running.
If Teague can coach at all they will improve quite a lot in 2020. (but we don’t know if he can yet of course)
Teams that go deep in finals, especially grand finalists, are vulnerable early in the season because they have had less pre season plus it’s hard mentally. I just hope it’s not 2020 when Carlton starts with a bang.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
I am starting to get a little concerned about Carlton’s cellar dwelling ways continuing because they are building a decent list, which makes sense because they have had high draft picks for about 100 years running.
If Teague can coach at all they will improve quite a lot in 2020. (but we don’t know if he can yet of course)
Teams that go deep in finals, especially grand finalists, are vulnerable early in the season because they have had less pre season plus it’s hard mentally. I just hope it’s not 2020 when Carlton starts with a bang.

The other side to that is that the low teams are trained to the minute at the beginning of the season, so they can win a few and boost morale and memberships early. It takes to about round 5/6 for the teams expecting to play finals to start hitting top fitness

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

I like what Flossy had to say, Burge likes to say that we are better prepared as while lesser teams were sunning themselves on holidays our entire list, (both VFL & AFL), were slugging it out in the biggest games of the year, (much more beneficial than a couple of extra training sessions).

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
2 of those in the last game v Crows over there when Astbury was out (in addition to Rance) and Grimes had to play tall, leaving Eddie on Stack (Eddie kicked 2 but Syd picked up 22 touches so wouldn't say Eddie completely pantsed Stack either)
And the goal that everyone talked about when Stacky high fived him was in junk time, when the game was well and truly won.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

Your right - it happened 2 years ago - we came off a short pre season, unfurled the flag and the blues jumped us by I think 5 goals to 1.

Then normality returned and we won the game in spite of them being gifted some massive 50 m penaltie.

So I wouldn’t worry to much Sin.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
lol@Cartoon will be into another rebuild before they know it. Simpson is 36 early next season Murphy will be 33, Betts is 33, Kruezer 31 early next season with the body of a 40 year old. Tuohy and Ed Curnow are both 30 and Casboult will be 30 early next season. That will be 7 players on wrong side of 30.
Time to get SOS back for another rebuild :banana :rotfl1

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Not sure a couple of weeks less pre season in November/December should have a flow on effect into March. It's more about the delays in getting surgery at the end of the season (up to 5 weeks for grand finalists). The majority of our players seem in good nick. We should beat Carlton convincingly in round 1. Surely though Carlton will improve next year.

Reactions: 1 user

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I LOL at the MSD effort, rookie Josh Deluca, say its for the long term then flick him what 5 months later

Thats SOS all over

Reactions: 1 user

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
At the end of the day it really won't matter if the Bloos roll us in Rd 1, as unlikely that it is.

All we have to do is be square with the ledger at the bye rounds, then we launch from there, again.

Bloos grand final is in Rd 1, ours is on the last day in September.

Reactions: 5 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I LOL at the MSD effort, rookie Josh Deluca, say its for the long term then flick him what 5 months later

Thats SOS all over

Does seem to be a few players saying promises were made to them then reneged on. Not much has changed at Carlton. No wonder it's not a destination club for the gun players.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
In fairness to Carlton, he didn't have a contract. Seems to have been some assumption on the player's part that might not have been justified.

Yep apparently Butler and Ellis made assumptions as well. Seems concise communication isn't a strong point at Carlton.

Reactions: 3 users