#lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

#lolNorf

Solves the Rhys Shaw problem too. No expectations to progress up the ladder, he can be a caretaker/development coach for a year or two until the get the kids ready. Get him some good development assistant coaches and all he has to do is the press conferences.

Reactions: 1 user
Didn't Brad Scott say to the Norf board that the club needed a serious rebuild and the club go yeah nah see you later?

Only to save face. He was the one that butchered the list in the first place.

Reactions: 2 users
A respected Marquee coach would be a great get for the Kanga's at least they might help attract some higher end talent above the level of guys like Pittard and Polec.

The question is who would go there and they wouldn't go there cheap.

Last edited:
I reckon they are in serious trouble to survive over the next couple of years. Relocation is surely on the cards...

Reactions: 4 users
Said no to 750k per year for 3 years? His manager should be fired. Even pre COVID he should have leaped at the chance. He must be spewing.
On the other hand, Zac Williams' manager should get a raise if the reported 5 year at $900k/year contract at Carlton has any truth to it. Insane.

Really? He was never worth that.
Sort of agree jb and sort of don't. He was all at sea this season.

But blokes who can kick 60+ goals a year don't fall off trees. And he did it three times in a row.

The word is his lead/mark/kick straight style of play didn't fit Rhyce Shaw's game plan, which involves slower ball movement.

Now, I don't want to be simplistic about it, but how cunning is a game plan that renders irrelevant a 60+ goal a year goal kicker?

It is to Hardwick's eternal credit that he flipped the script in 2017 and created a game plan that made the most of his players' talents.

E.g. Dusty kicked four times as many goals in 2017 compared with 2016 because the match committee realised he was an elite one-on-one player.

Not only can Brown kick goals, he can do it efficiently because he's a pretty accurate converter.

I think Norf has got a lot of things wrong recently and this is just another one. Suspect Brown will thrive again in the right environment.

And it makes you wonder who Norf thinks it can get (or already has) who will slot in and kick those 60+ goals that have just left the building.

Reactions: 4 users
Sort of agree jb and sort of don't. He was all at sea this season.

But blokes who can kick 60+ goals a year don't fall off trees. And he did it three times in a row.

The word is his lead/mark/kick straight style of play didn't fit Rhyce Shaw's game plan, which involves slower ball movement.

Now, I don't want to be simplistic about it, but how cunning is a game plan that renders irrelevant a 60+ goal a year goal kicker?

It is to Hardwick's eternal credit that he flipped the script in 2017 and created a game plan that made the most of his players' talents.

E.g. Dusty kicked four times as many goals in 2017 compared with 2016 because the match committee realised he was an elite one-on-one player.

Not only can Brown kick goals, he can do it efficiently because he's a pretty accurate converter.

I think Norf has got a lot of things wrong recently and this is just another one. Suspect Brown will thrive again in the right environment.

And it makes you wonder who Norf thinks it can get (or already has) who will slot in and kick those 60+ goals that have just left the building.
Take all those points on board but he kicks a high percentage of goals from free kicks, many of them iffy. And other than his mark-kick style, he offers nothing else.

I think a sign of how desperate things are for North is the fact they are doing this in a year in which the draft is more of a lottery than ever. No real footy comps to assess talent in.

I feel they are gone without the AFL spending huge amounts to keep them afloat. COVID will also have kicked the stuffing out of their finances.

People are talking relocation, but where do they go, and who wants to pay with money so tight for the next few years.

The Tassie Government has a huge decision to make here. North are ripe for the plucking regarding relocation, but the cost will deter anyone but a State Government. Just not sure Tassie can afford it right now either.

Are north going to get Jarrod Waite back to the club to play full forward.

I reckon North have got the Brown thing right if they can get a decent pick for him or maybe a player and a pick.

The knock on him has always been that he is not competitive enough when he doesn't have the ball and that too many of his goals come from uncontested marks on the lead and free kicks. He could probably do ok for a while in a team who play a style that suits a leading forward. For example he would be better at FF for Collingwood than Cox is.

Here I was thinking them geniuses who've gone on to save Essendon were responsible. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
If it was good enough to merge/disolve Fitzroy, i think it's the time the AFL either relocates them or just closes them down.
They can't afford to keep North afloat.

Reactions: 1 users
I reckon North have got the Brown thing right if they can get a decent pick for him or maybe a player and a pick.

The knock on him has always been that he is not competitive enough when he doesn't have the ball and that too many of his goals come from uncontested marks on the lead and free kicks. He could probably do ok for a while in a team who play a style that suits a leading forward. For example he would be better at FF for Collingwood than Cox is.
They won’t get much if they told him he’s out regardless.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
He would probably do really well at the pies as Sting suggests.

I don’t understand the tactics of lolnorf, they have killed the relationship with their player to the point where he doesn’t care what happens to the club as he is now out on his own - the club doesn’t deserve a decent pick for him if that’s the way they treat their players.

I actually think the decision to move Brown on is sound, I just don’t like the way they are going about it.

Reactions: 5 users