#lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

#lolNorf

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
A respected Marquee coach would be a great get for the Kanga's at least they might help attract some higher end talent above the level of guys like Pittard and Polec.

The question is who would go there and they wouldn't go there cheap.

Paul Roos is available

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Said no to 750k per year for 3 years? His manager should be fired. Even pre COVID he should have leaped at the chance. He must be spewing.
Just wow when I heard this.
Bad advice or player or both.
2 mil plus over 3 years and knocks it back in a year that assistant coaches , players getting cut ( look at his own club ) and knocks it back.
I would have advised him take the offer and back yourself ( with maybe incentives ) but just wow.
Not wanted by the club.
Told to explore his options.
3 years running over 60 goals a year to out of a home.
Plenty rumours / talk about his work rate, one trick pony, second efforts and on the outer with concerns on his knee and club coach.

Should get rid of his manager first.

Popular team mate you hear and he has gone through his own personal issue this year and even that the club handled it and treated him poorly.

Which club will take him?
Which club would suit his style. ?
Which club could he thrive ?
Which club would be willing to pay anything close to what North were offering but now off the table?
Can he reinvent himself going forward. ?

Feel sad for him somewhat with what he has endured & his treatment by North.

A little empathy.

Reactions: 1 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
Just wow when I heard this.
Bad advice or player or both.
2 mil plus over 3 years and knocks it back in a year that assistant coaches , players getting cut ( look at his own club ) and knocks it back.
I would have advised him take the offer and back yourself ( with maybe incentives ) but just wow.
Not wanted by the club.
Told to explore his options.
3 years running over 60 goals a year to out of a home.
Plenty rumours / talk about his work rate, one trick pony, second efforts and on the outer with concerns on his knee and club coach.

Should get rid of his manager first.

Popular team mate you hear and he has gone through his own personal issue this year and even that the club handled it and treated him poorly.

Which club will take him?
Which club would suit his style. ?
Which club could he thrive ?
Which club would be willing to pay anything close to what North were offering but now off the table?
Can he reinvent himself going forward. ?

Feel sad for him somewhat with what he has endured & his treatment by North.

A little empathy.

Just goes to show you how quickly things can turn against your favour. It's always easy to judge after the fact; but if I were him I would have taken a more sensible approach and taken the money that was on offer when it was there, and not tried to be too clever and wait for better offers down the track, or for more security.

Yes he has kicked some goals in the past few years, but he himself should have known that he's not exactly a power forward or a bonafide match winner.

He made a call based on the assumption that things weren't going to change, and that he was going to continue to have the whip hand. Covid happened, and now North perhaps are accepting the reality of where they are at so are rationalising their expenses.

Take the money when its there. Especially if it's a reasonable deal. (Which I think it was IMO)

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I'm pretty sure we could use Browny.

There's a vacancy there for a reserve ruck to replace Ivan. 4th round pick to North, pay him $100k plus match payments. 1 year contract.

Take it or leave it.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I reckon North have got the Brown thing right if they can get a decent pick for him or maybe a player and a pick.

The knock on him has always been that he is not competitive enough when he doesn't have the ball and that too many of his goals come from uncontested marks on the lead and free kicks. He could probably do ok for a while in a team who play a style that suits a leading forward. For example he would be better at FF for Collingwood than Cox is.

Probably gets more free s than Cox does too.

Imagine how many frees he'd get playing for them.

He'd be the first to kick 100 since Buddy did at the Hawks playing for the Maggots no doubt.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
A respected Marquee coach would be a great get for the Kanga's at least they might help attract some higher end talent above the level of guys like Pittard and Polec.

The question is who would go there and they wouldn't go there cheap.
Ron Barassi is probably available. Second Coming. (And that's what it might take!)

• Haha

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

There's a vacancy there for a reserve ruck to replace Ivan. 4th round pick to North, pay him $100k plus match payments. 1 year contract.

Take it or leave it.

NO No no no no
Never
Please FFS NO

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang

Take it or leave it.
What’s he like as a ruck ? His endurance is apparently phenomenal

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
They won’t get much if they told him if he out regardless.

Exactly.

They've told the market that they want him gone, and they've also told the market what they were prepared to offer him.

Amateur hour from Norf. Will be lucky to get a first round pick.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Polec= Dees interested .

Good grief ............................. thank f#%#&# I dont support Melbourne can you imagine seriously.

Even when we were at the very rock bottom depths of our shitness I was still grateful to be a Tiger fan and not a Melbourne fan.

Reactions: 2 users

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Good grief ............................. thank f#%#&# I dont support Melbourne can you imagine seriously.

Even when we were at the very rock bottom depths of our shitness I was still grateful to be a Tiger fan and not a Melbourne fan.
The Polec/Pittard trade (Butters) starting to rival the McMahon trade (Ward).

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yep the Kochies crushed that deal, but with Butters and Rozee they had a good idea what they were getting and getting rid of, and Duursma as well.